Shoes or no shoes??

Options
2»

Replies

• scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    WEAR SHOES!!!!!! Seriously, I didn't wear them and did exercise videos when I was visiting my parents for FOUR DAYS in January. On day 4 I tore a tendon in my foot and couldn't work out or do any sport for FOUR MONTHS. It was the most painful thing I've ever done and it still aches now.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Shoe for me, only because past foot problems. Not worth going there again!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i have Plantar Fasciitis and Plantar Fibromatosis in both feet so unless i am in bed sleeping for the night, i have to wear some form of shoes all the time. but...yes for working out at home, when i do that, i always wear my shoes.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    hardly wear shoes but the main reason is I like to do fun workouts and slide across the floor like tom cruise
  • samlankford
    Options
    depends on the workout.. 99.999% of the time I will wear shoes, berber carpet can be tough to grip feet or socks on.. slide all over the place!!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercises you're doing. For example, I find that some exercises like push-ups and planks are more comfortable in shoes. However, other ones are easier w/o shoes.

I agree with this. I have gone back and forth on wearing shoes for most of my cardio. Right now, no shoes but I work out on an industrial carpet in my pool house.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout and the surface... I do Karate and yoga in my bare feet but all my plyometrics and resistance training I do with shoes on... I also have a 1" thick mat down to work out on... it really makes a difference for the knees and ankles.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Shoes -- used to do barefoot until I got tendinitis above my ankle. I need the extra support.
  • cldaugherty
    cldaugherty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS wear shoes. I need the support, high arches. I also have IT BAND issues and the extra support in my shoes help with my knees. My pediatrist recommends that I never go barefoot, even in the shower. I can't do that. I love my flipflops and being barefoot in the summer.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Shoes....never actually thought I could go with out, but now that I know so many people do I may try it!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shoes at home during any kind of exercise, and if I am outside in the grass I don't wear shoes either, even when i'm running around with my dog or playing frisbee. I'd much rather be barefoot all the time. :)