What do you guys do for cardio?

Options
2»

Replies

• guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    HIIT including stuff like flag football, ultimate frisbee, or a hardcore version of C25K on tuesdays and thursdays.

MWF is lifting. Set up 3 compound lifts, and do 4x10 without stopping.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Run daily, although I'm reading "Run Less, Run Faster" and will be starting the 3 day a week FIRST training program.

So then it will be 3 days running, 2 days cross training and 3-4 days weights
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    The routine I do consists of weight lifting first and cardio second, but I still do cardio (mainly running). I change up everything all the time. My running is sometimes long easy runs, sometimes HIIT, sometimes shorter medium pace runs. My weight routine changes each day, each week, Circuits, Intermittent Super Sets, Fibonacci Pyramids, X-sets, Progress Venus Pyramids, and some splits, constantly changing it up, everything a variety of Strength, Hypertrophy, and Endurance.

Lifting 5-6 days a week, Running 5-6 days a week. Obviously that means both most days.
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've got knee issues, so mostly low-impact stuff. I'm currently doing a hybrid of the P90 workout (day 65!) - I got really bored/hated the cardio disk after about 45 days, so instead of doing more of the same with the level 3-4 disk, I started mixing it up with P90X kenpo+Ab Ripper or just running on my Gazelle for 5 miles or for 60 minutes, then Ab Ripper - whichever comes last (someday I will be able to afford a real elliptical...someday. XD ) Cardio 3x/week, and do the 3-4 level Power90 sculpting circuits 3x/week.
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Jog, swim and horse ride. Occasionally fitness games on Wii or XBox.