Atkins--what should I enter for calories per day?

Options
How do I know what to set my calories at for being on Atkins? I know Atkins isn't about counting calories, but I can't leave that space blank and I know that I will consume more calories than what mfp suggests for me at 1760....thanks for any advice..new at all this!

Replies

• Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Why would you consume more calories than suggested just because you're on Atkins? I can understand consuming more fat/protein and less carbs (if you go by the guided settings), but why calories? Just curious.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    There's a low carb thread, go there, those guys could be better help.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    regardless of what your macronutrients look like weight loss is overall about calories in vs calories out. you can do it easily by letting MFP select a number for you based on your activity level (and eat back those cals when you workout and make sure to readjust in the custom settings your macros) or you can do your own research to come up with a good number to set as your custom goal. i did the latter and used this calculator to help me figure out what i should be eating. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have no idea............but why do atkins if you are counting calories and using this site to look at a balanced selected choice?

Just curious!
    Regards,

Lisa :)
  • cloe31
    cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can change how many carbs you want to take in. I'm not sure how many carbs Atkins allows you. I believe it's 20 for the first phase.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    How do I know what to set my calories at for being on Atkins? I know Atkins isn't about counting calories, but I can't leave that space blank and I know that I will consume more calories than what mfp suggests for me at 1760....thanks for any advice..new at all this!

1500 or less. Chart from Atkins science folks :-

48413764714654633_KPhswxih.jpg