Fitbit Ultra vs. Fitbit The One

Options
Hi guys,

I'm looking into purchasing a Fitbit. I had decided on the Fitbit Ultra, but upon looking on the products page of the Fitbit website I noticed a pre-order option for the new Fitbit The One. Just looking at the specs/options, I don't see any difference compared to the Ultra besides the body style.

Does anyone have any input as far as the differences between the two?

Replies

• cragen01
    cragen01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've done a little research on the new Fitbit One, and from what I have found there aren't any real tracking differences. The one is supposed to be more comfortable and easier to wear. Also, you can directly sync the Fitbit to your device via bluetooth. However, you can only use the new direct sync on low energy Bluetooth 4.0 devices, which currently doesn't seem to be all that many. I also remember seeing something about that being an iOS only feature, but I could be mistaken.
  • jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that reply. Doesn't seem like enough of a difference to wait more than a month until it would ship.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Woah, wait. The One is sweat and rain-proof! That is the absolute biggest reason you should get one. The ultra will completely die on you if you get it wet or even moist. Sure, they sent me a new one free of charge, but it's a little ridiculous at how incapable the ultra is for handling a little bit of sweat.
  • kimberp8
    kimberp8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I saw the Fitbit One at Best Buy yesterday...
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Wait for a One! The water resistance is a HUGE plus.
  • skylark94
    Options

Really? Are you sure it wasn't a Zip?
  • jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Really? The Ultra isn't sweatproof?! Who the hell makes something like that and doesn't at least make it resistant.
    Strange.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Really? The Ultra isn't sweatproof?! Who the hell makes something like that and doesn't at least make it resistant.
    Strange.

I know, right?! I had mine for two days before I went out for a hour long walk with the fitbit on my waistband and it died because of the HUMIDITY outside. I've only had mine for three weeks now (4 days waiting for my replacement in the mail), and darnit, it seems unfair that they come out with One right after! Hahaha. Doesn't it always work that way...

If you don't want to wait, get the new zip one. It doesn't have the sleep tracker, but it's also 40 bucks cheaper (plus wireless, water resistant, etc.) and it comes in pretty colors. I think that's a plus. :P

Pretty sure you didn't see one for actual sale. Fitbit One isn't even available on the fitbit website yet. Everything's still pre-order, but the Zip is out.
  • skylark94
    Options
    Strange.

I wear mine on the band of my bra under my arm and live in Florida. It's gotten pretty damp from sweat and has survived. My first one certainly didn't survive a ride in the washing machine, but Fitbit replaced it for me for free.