More greek yogurt ideas

Options
ldrosophila
ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
Saw that yummy recipe for greek yogurt chicken. Cant wait to make!

Does anyone else have any ideas for greek yogurt that is more savory instead of sweet. I love it but I'm a bit bored of fruit and yogurt. Something that you could take to work would be great too.

Replies

• Elena_K75
    Elena_K75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My favorite ever is greek yoghurt with honey and walnuts. If you haven't tried it, go ahead... but be careful on your honey portions.

also you can make homemade tzatziki. For 200g of yoghurt, Peel a medium cucumber, slice in half and take out the seed portion which is more watery. Cut it in really small and thin slices, or pass it through the grader. Add salt, garlic (optional), mint (Fresh or dried. I prefer dried), a touch of vinegar (wine vinegar), and a touch of olive oil. And voila... you have your home made tzatziki.
  • Jmals
    Jmals Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have a go at this potato salad made with greek yogurt instead of mayo. I would totally opt for this recipe when I feel like treating myself.

Instead of the burger opt for a turkey burger or skip the bread altogether and have it with some chicken breast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE97H4mWHCs

Happy cooking!
  • Kalzar
    Kalzar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal to take to work is Curried Tuna Salad which clocks in at 376 calories and a whopping 40 grams of protein.
    1 can of tuna in water
    1/4 - 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt, (I usually just keep tasting until the tuna is moist enough)
    about a teaspoon of mustard
    1 small granny smith apple, finely chopped
    1 carrot, grated
    2 stalks celery, finely chopped
    2-3 Tablespoons chopped pickles (I suppose you could use relish, I typically only have pickles on hand)
    1 Tablespoon pickled banana pepper,s finely chopped
    2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
    Curry Powder to taste (I like quite a bit about 1.5 - 2 Tablespoons)
    salt and pepper to taste

I eat this at least once a week and the recipe yields plenty and always leaves me feeling contented. I hope you enjoy!!!
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Add dried herbs (dried mint, dried basil etc.) and onion powder to your greek yogurt. It's a great topping/dip for any kind of food.
    Add nuts/ granola/fruit to your yogurt, it's a great breakfast meal.
    Add water and salt to your greek yogurt then blend it, it's a perfect salty drink.
    Add oats, cocoa, stevia/honey and blend, it's a great chocolate shake.
    Add a banana and blend, then freeze, it's a great ice cream.

You can also use it in a cheesecake recipe with a nut based crust.

So many options.
  • Kalzar
    Kalzar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love blended frozen yogurt with bananas! I add unsweetened cocoa powder to mine ;)
  • MyKidzRKute
    MyKidzRKute Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be trying the curried tuna today!
  • larabell69
    Options
    Bump!