3-Hour Diet or 6 meal a day plan... does it work?

Options
Today I started a new diet plan. I'm eating small meals every 2 and half hours and counting my calorie intake. I have to say it was so easy! I haven't feel hungry or even close to being full. 0 cravings, too! I didn't know there was an actual, official '3-hour diet' until I googled it. My boyfriend just suggested eating like this. I just want to know if anyone has done this long term and has experienced results? Should I continue? Also, I was told to drink a bottle of water at every meal (even the minis). Any input on that?

Replies

• mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It worked for me the first time I attempted to lose weight. But I got out of the habit with my job and kids. For me its just easier to count calories.

There is a book that goes into a lot of detail about the 3 hour diet plan. It is by Jorge Cruise.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have had success with that way of eating for years now. I eat 6 meals a day. And overtime it has just become so that my body is hungry about every 2 to 3 hours, so it works out perfectly for me and my scheduled. I can literally say that I never reach the point of "omg I'm starving". I consider it refueling and my body knows when its time to eat. Best of luck to you!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Just eat when you are hungry or it's convienent for you. If it works for you to eat every 3 hours, then fine. If not, that's fine too.

Meal timing is a matter of preference, nothing more.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Been at that for the past 69 days and down 68.5 as of last Saturday. More than a pound per day. I also abstain from preprocessed food, white flour, sweeteners, and sodas... My largest meals of the day are typically breakfast and first dinner... 7 am and 5 pm... Its totally working. It keeps the blood sugar even throughout the day and you are more focused and able to do the things you ought to instead of laying around trying to digest a large meal. My largest meals are never over 550 calories and rarely exceed 350.
  • mzlatina59
    Options
    I know someone who eats like this everday and she is so slim. She said it has worked for her for years now. She used to be heavy.I've heard it keeps hunger pangs in check..I think I'm going to try it this weekend and see how it works for me. Good luck on your journey!
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    thats how i eat and I've lost 20 pounds.
    i dont think it really matters how many little meals you eat per day as long as youre not going over you limit
    if it works for you im sure youll lose some weight
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Meal frequency is personal preference, if eating every 3 hrs works for you, continue to do so
  • Skywalker_Dub
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours until 9 o clock at night and it works for me. Keeps me from over eating and getting too hungry in between meals. It also keeps your metabolism running a little faster. I would say this is good advice. As far as water consumption I would agree with that as well I try to drink a gallon a day but I also work out twice a day so if you sweat a lot then you should drink more.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Eating small meals frequently is a great way to keep yourself full and less likely to stuff yourself during a meal. As for the water, it's not really necessary. As long as you don't go around feeling thirsty and your pee is light in color, you should be fine. Food actually provides a lot of water, so the 8 glasses a day thing isn't the end all
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Just eat when you are hungry or it's convienent for you. If it works for you to eat every 3 hours, then fine. If not, that's fine too.

Meal timing is a matter of preference, nothing more.

well said. I agree completely!
  • dsweetser
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • dsweetser
    Options
    Been at that for the past 69 days and down 68.5 as of last Saturday. More than a pound per day. I also abstain from preprocessed food, white flour, sweeteners, and sodas... My largest meals of the day are typically breakfast and first dinner... 7 am and 5 pm... Its totally working. It keeps the blood sugar even throughout the day and you are more focused and able to do the things you ought to instead of laying around trying to digest a large meal. My largest meals are never over 550 calories and rarely exceed 350.

Wow!! I hope it works like this for me. Congrats!
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • janlee_001
    Options
    Is abstaining from the preprocessed foods, sweeteners and sodas a necessity or just a preference? Thank you.:smile:
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I tried eating 6 meals a day for a while and didn't like the demands it made on my time. I get hungry pretty much on schedule at my regular meal times, though, and don't feel like I benefited from eating every 3 hours. If it had helped me to feel more satisfied then I might still be doing it.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    It works for me. However I do 3 main meals and snack throughout the day.
  • dsweetser
    Options

Do you do three snack times then? My boyfriend told me to just eat 6 small meals, not differentiating from breakfast, lunch, dinner... but I like having my main means :frown:
  • janlee_001
    Options

Do you do three snack times then? My boyfriend told me to just eat 6 small meals, not differentiating from breakfast, lunch, dinner... but I like having my main means :frown:

No, google it - i found most info on WebMd
  • janlee_001
    Options

No, google it - i found most info on WebMd
  • missrobinee
    Options
    It's really good to eat 6 small meals a day, as long as you make proteins a big part of all of them. It really helps controlling your insulin level, which also keeps you from craving sugary things. Having 3 "normal" meals (aka proteins + carbs + vegetables), + 3 mainly proteins snacks (ex: plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shake, etc), is amazing and definitely works :)