For moms with more than one kid....

Options
2»

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have six (no c-sections), and I was pleased with the progress I was making with my mommy pouch...before I got pregnant again. :laugh: At least I'm hopeful this time--if I got it off after six, I can do it again! My before and after pics are here:
    http://bushidomama.blogspot.com/p/my-journey-to-healthy-mind-body-and.html

After baby #6, I started exercising as soon as the midwife gave me the OK--six weeks? Cardio for awhile, then eventually I started adding weights and core exercises like planks.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    6 children. It's not genetics for me, I come from an overweight/obese family and am an easy fat gainer. The "secret" is 75%-80% diet (I was strict with whole foods and macros of 40/40/20 for the weight drop) and the other in sweat, mostly from lifting hard and heavy. From the time I became really serious and stopped trying to fool myself, it took a full year.
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I too have 6 children, 24,23,22,20,16 and 10. After the first I was hypothyroid (still am). With the last (at the age of 41) I had to have bed rest for two months because of bleeding due to a low placenta followed by a c-section a month early (healthy 3.5kg boy).:smile:
    With a total of almost 3 months inactivity my muscle strength was almost non existent. Thankfully I hadn't put a lot of weight on so I just had to concentrate on fitness. Problem is bad stretch marks and a 'mommy apron' which refuses to go. As everyone seems to agree, genes.