Errr, embarrassing question for runners.

Options

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I asked my daughter , the marathon runner/triathlete the same question and she said "You pour your water bottle over your head while you "go". Personally that's an "EWWW" from mom but that seems to be the common response. Hope that helps.....

this is awesome!!!!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Never shake hands with a runner who is only wearing one sock.

This is the funniest thing ever!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options

This is the funniest thing ever!

LMAO!!

That's awesome. Thanks so much for the advice, everyone. I will definitely go and run with the Immodium idea. Though, I have Pepto at home, so I'll use that.

So excited for this race- yes, I'd like a good time, but just to finish is my goal...... I will pray that this will happen without......"issues". ;-)
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    hope that it is raining and just do it while you are running :)
  • agataarchangel
    Options
    OK this is awesome!

Give your self some time and hit the port a potty lines. dont eat too big a meal the night before and pray! LMFAO! I got a guy at work who dumped in some guys yard one time during a race.

Oh no!!! LOL! That's some quality fertilizer though, providing he had a good runner's diet ;-)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I usually find I have the urge to poop around mile 4...but mile 7, the urge is gone. Just hold it and keep going. I know it sucks, but you can do it.
  • EmilyG34
    EmilyG34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    At most half's they have potty's at the beginning, around mile 4, mile 7, and then again round mile 10, and of course at the end there are a ton! just make sure you get up early enough to go, and let your system wake up, and you should be fine.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Bahahah I've never thought of this! Guess that could be a problem!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    So, I have a race coming up on Sunday morning (gun fires at 9am), and I normally have to err...."go" in the am. And normally I do.... but what happens when you have to go, or go again after the race starts, and you're not near one of the 3 porto-potties on the 21k track? Do you hold it? Go off-course? Would you get disqualified going outside the race circuit? LOL!

First time doing a half and this thought invaded my mind.... and I'd like to know if you guys know or have dealt with this in the past?

What do YOU do when nature calls on a race run? Haha. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. Spanks guys!

go as much as you possibly can before the race and stop drink fluids about 30 to an hour before the race starts
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    have coffee and a cigarette before you leave for the race, you'll be empty :p
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    If you are wearing a fuel belt tuck a couple wet wipes in there, along with your gu?
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Shamefully looks around the room....
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If you are afraid you'll have a nervous stomach and have to poop, just take two Imodium AD when you get up in the morning. That will tighten things up enough that you won't have to worry about it.

Bump! No worries.
  • klbruce317
    Options
    Either stash a few squares of toilet paper or sacrifice a sock...hehehe...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Dedication_poopRunner_motiv.jpg
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    thanks for asking this, i'm running my first 5K on thanksgiving morning :) once i start exercising i tend to lose the urge to pee...and i'm hoping i don't have an emergency visit to brown town during the race from anxiety :bigsmile: good luck!
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This hasn't happened to me while running, but I have gotten the nervous-need-to-poo many times while climbing frozen waterfalls in Alaska.

There's nothing quite like being in legitimately dangerous situations that require your total concentration, and having the overwhelming need to crap.
  • rosiemar
    rosiemar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have experience with running and 'going' number 1. I hate using the portables so if I must, I'll just tinkling while running. With the technical fabrics now a day you dry very quickly. The smell is another story but trust me at the finish line everyone smells. Good running all and see you at the finish line! :tongue:
  • agataarchangel
    Options
    thanks for asking this, i'm running my first 5K on thanksgiving morning :) once i start exercising i tend to lose the urge to pee...and i'm hoping i don't have an emergency visit to brown town during the race from anxiety :bigsmile: good luck!

Lol. No shame. Someone's gotta ask! I will be the sacrificial lamb and do it for everyone's benefit. Best of luck on your race!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options

This literally made me lol!! :laugh: :drinker: