What other languages are you fluent in besides English?

Options
Me... I've got nothing but an admiration for those that ARE multi-lingual. Dabbled in Spanish, German, French, Mandarin, even Esperanto... but not fluent in any of them.

What about YOU?

Replies

• boomboom011
    Options
    a little spanish and ebonics
  • herrhitman
    Options
    Was almost fluent in French when I was living there, but I haven't used it in 5 years now, so I've forgotten a lot.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    being from north LA, I speak a little coon *kitten*.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I am close to fluent in Tagalog, which is what they speak in the Philippines.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I used to be fluent in German when I spent a semester aboard but now I doubt I could remember how to ask for directions to the nearest bathroom. Oddly, I can still read a lot of German.
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I would have been pretty fluent in Irish (Gaelic) years ago - learned it for 14 years in School but would have much more basic ability now - lots of my vocabulary would be gone now. A pity. I loved it.
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am fluent in Spanish, studied it then worked in Spain for three years, have a smattering of others but Spanish is the only one I can confidently tell a joke in, my yardstick for fluency...
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    i speak as*hole
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm
  • nicdilor
    Options
    My native language is Spanish, I am very fluent in English, can understand a bit of Italian and French. :glasses:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    C++
  • wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    American Sign Language-was 1 semester away from a B.A. in interpreting before I had 3 wrist surgeries and changed majors
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I was fluent in French and am near enough now, but I haven't been there for a while since having kids. I'm a secondary school French teacher, but as I work part time I only teach Years 7 and 8, so it's pretty basic stuff and doesn't challenge my level of French!

When I go to France I can easily have a conversation, and within a few days I'd be able to watch anything on TV and understand it. I lived there for a year as part of my degree and then spent the Summer working as an au pair, and I was fluent then.

I can speak a little bit of Spanish and German, and a bit of Italian. I understand more than I can speak. I've also studied Portuguese and Norwegian, but a long time ago now.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    polski

and a little jamaican patois
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Persian. or farsi.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    does BS count....................:devil:
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Polish and Spanish.
    Was close to fluent in Portuguese but now Im learning Catalan and seems that my brain cant figure out how to use both of them at the same time :-)
  • MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese! & know some Spanish :)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hebrew and Arabic. I know a little bit of some other languages but only well enough to read and not well enough to actually hold a conversation so it doesn't really count.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Hindi and trying to learn spanish :)