uh oh! its the weekend... how do you keep from indulging?

Options
2»

Replies

• andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    it's the work week that kills me. so many bad influences. i WISH my problem was the weekends. i'd be all svelte and ****.

First of all, I'm changing my goals officially to "to be all svelte and ****" hahaha

Secondly, I changed my scale dates to Mondays, keeps me from going too crazy on weekends knowing i have a weigh in Monday morning
  • kimberly3818
    kimberly3818 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try and have a cheat day once a week normally on Saturday or Sunday I count all my calories and I try to exercise them off before I go to bed. It dont always happen but I try. I am down 60 lbs in 21 weeks :)

129337.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a bit more relaxed on the weekend. That being said, I plan my main meals ahead of time. That way I don't buy a bunch of extras at the store to sit in the house and tempt me.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    At the weekends I just indulge but in moderation and enjoy it.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Or...rather than not indulge, get in hella-exercise on Saturday morning, then eat back your exercise calories. There's a reason why my 13-ish mile LSD run is on Saturday. Because Saturday night usually involves beer and other goodies. 13 miles is about 1300 net calories for me. That's not an insignificant amount of "beer and goodies" that I can enjoy.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've indulged in some whiskey this evening! :happy:

I just treat the weekend like any other day, though with more occasional alcohol as I don't have to get up for work! :laugh: As long as it fits in my calories (or doesn't go massively over at least), its all good.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    The weekends are just like a normal day, I stay on program and do what I feel I need to do. Sure I may have a few extra calories here or there but I never blow it out of the water. I don't need those foods to be happy and they have no power over me.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I plan to indulge. (Not too much though!)
    I'll plan since the morning to have smaller-than-usual meals the entire day so that I can accommodate for a treat after dinner. After I have my treat, I don't feel the deprivation that makes me overindulge :)

Last weekend, for example, I had a lunch of iceberg lettuce with lime and salt, so that in the evening, I had calorie allowance for french fries with bleu cheese :)
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I treat myself a tad bit but I make sure to get extra sleep and then be productive and squeeze in extra work outs.

This^. I workout twice as long on the weekends, but I'm generally lazier the rest of the day than on workdays. I have one pretty light meal (or several snacks and just 2 actual meals) so that I don't completely overdo, but I usually eat 200-300 more calories on weekends than weekdays, thus the workouts and long walks with the dog in case I'm tempted.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Weekends aren't any different to me than the rest of the week.
  • Lee_louh
    Lee_louh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't. The weekends are my time. I indulge, but stick to my calories. I try to have a nice long walk in the afternoon, this takes me away from temptation during the afternoon and gives me extra calories for dinner/the evening.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Working out in the morning usually sets me straight!
    I'm soo surprised I didn't go get fast food today,
    but I definitely attribute it to getting up early & getting my workout in.
    :D
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I do indulge! It's the concept of what indulging is that's changed for me. Everyday including weekends, I eat what I choose just less of it than I used to because I now stay conscious of how much food a portion is, how much food satisfies me and how much food I am measuring and eating.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I struggle big time. I try not to be too bad.

I usually have 1 bad day which is Friday but I'm honestly going to change it to the Sat or Sun seeing as that is when I do more of my socializing or just being with my OH leads me to temptation
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Weekends are the worst. During the weekdays at least I have classes so I have to go outside, walk around.... travel to places.... during the weekend I'm stuck in my dorm room doing homework most of the time, yet surrounded by food and snacks and soda....
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i best on the weekends because im not eating crappy deli food from work all day.
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    I look in the mirror. I am most critical of myself at the weekend. I examine the fat bits and give myself a good telling off. I weigh in on a Saturday so convince myself that if I indulge in will gain weight. Don't be afraid to shout at yourself. My children think I am bonkers but it seriously works! Good luck. You can do this. X
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    THANK GOD I'M NOT ALONE! I STRUGGLING ON THE WEEKENDS BUT I HAVE LEARNED TO LET MPF BE MY GUIDE AS LONG AS I STAY WITHIN MY MACROS IT HELPS TO NOT GET TOO OUT OF CONTROL WITH WHAT I'M EATING. EVERYONE DESERVES TO INDULGE A LITTLE WITHIN CERTAIN LIMITS.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I workout m-f, so weekends are rest days.
    I keep logging, but if I want to eat more, I do!
    You could log and eat up to your TDEE.