iPhone case you can swim with?

Options
I think I've asked before, but does anyone know if there is an iPhone case that you can swim laps with? Or an iPod case? Or some MP3 player that is cheap that can go in water? I have been swimming, and I'm making major strides, but I think if I could listen to something while I swim, it would be my new favourite thing to do!

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Well due to the fact that the mini jack where you would plug in the headphones would have to be exposed in order to plug them in which would allow water to enter the device, I am taking a flying wild guess at no. Also there would be the fact that it is probably unlikely that there are water proof headphones either due to the way they usually work. Haven't actually looked though...
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I once saw a pair of waterproof headphones with built in MP3 player, designed for swimming.
    They weren't cheap :-/

Ask your pool to put on the radio!
  • JLand918
    Options
    Ok really do you have to do everything in life at every moment with you stupid iPhone in your hand!!??
  • nanegan
    nanegan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    H20audio.com has several options.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Ok really do you have to do everything in life at every moment with you stupid iPhone in your hand!!??

Not when I can put it on my parter's back.

Hey honey, if, you read this, I was totally not srs!
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Otter Cases. I have one for my droid. They are pretty much indestructible. My baby cousin threw my phone out of the first floor balcony and it didn't break. They are water proof too. Like someone said though the pool might be able to turn on the radio :D
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I believe Life Proof cases are waterproof.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no such thing! Otterbox is the best you can get but by no means is it waterproof to that degree. Go buy a Casio Rock or something like that if you really need to swim with something. I m in the industry.....trust me! Do not swim with your iPhone unless you are eligible for upgrade!
  • Paullei
    Options
    I have the LifeProof case for my iphone. It cost me $80 at AT&T when I purchased my phone. The phone was actually submerged in water for display. I believe its waterproof up to 6 feet. They only had black and white, but if you go to the website you can get other colors.

You have to make sure and close the cover over the charging port after you charge and if you use the headphones, the little screw could get lost, but they sell replacements.

One of my co-workers has it and took his phone with him to the lake and made a call underwater to test it out. I read on my Kindle app in the water and have never had a problem.
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Absolutely YES! to ipod... I got my waterprood ipod shuffle from Amazon. Just put that info in on the search line in Amazon. Or try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Shuffle-Headphones-Separately-Available/dp/B005FA38SG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348273710&sr=8-2&keywords=waterproof+ipod+shuffle

I love mine! There is a headset as well. Good luck and happy swimming.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Get a boom box ;) old school
  • howardannc
    howardannc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yay for swimming! I can't speak to how well any of these work because I've never tried, but here are several options for cases and MP3 players: http://www.swimoutlet.com/Waterproof_MP3_Players_s/363.htm
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    yes! I swim with my lifeproof case and armband. Love it. you have to use their headphones as well, but an awesome case i never take my phone out of.