Eating Before Bed

Options
What's the deal with this one? I heard that you are not supposed to eat within 3 hours of going to bed. Is this correct?

Replies

• honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think it is all up to the person. I've read to eat within an 1/2 of going to bed. Something small to keep blood sugar up. I eat before I go to bed and I havn't had a problem losing weight.
  • leska1216
    Options
    I think it is all up to the person. I've read to eat within an 1/2 of going to bed. Something small to keep blood sugar up. I eat before I go to bed and I havn't had a problem losing weight.

What honeystykay said. I eat before going to bed. It's not a big deal. Also drink water right up until I turn off the lights. Depends on you.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time you eat. Weight loss is about a calorie deficit.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I say BS! I eat when I am hungry regardless of the time. I have even gotten up in the middle of the night (usually after a couple of really high calorie burning days) and ate something because I was starving. Did NOT keep me from losing. I just make sure I log it. Sometimes people question my breakfast and then I have to tell them it was a 3 AM snack. :laugh:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Unless it gives you indigestion and keeps you up, it makes no difference at all.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I read u shouldn't eat three hours prior to going to bed because ur metabolism slows down once u rest and the food just sits on those unwanted places. If you're hungry and have to eat. Eat a fruit or have a protein shake.