Suddenly single......

Options
ok why am I at home alone on a friday night looking THIS freaking good and suddenly single???? why can't I go downtown and just have fun???? why did I lose all this weight just to be alone????.... and no I'm not down.... and I"m not feeling sorry for myself... I just don't know how to actually do it!.... I've always been the ""big" girl... the one who babysat for everyone else while THEY went out.... have I missed my chance???

Replies

• stefaiman
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! Your weight loss is awesome. You just need to go out with some friends and let loose it, you will fall into the scene again. So how long has it taken you to lose the weight? and did you have surgery or did u do it all with diet and exercise?
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I just became single. Ex called off the wedding 2 months ago. So yeah don't feel too bad. Go out.. Don't you have friends? Go out and get pretty and guys will approach you. It's the easiest thing for a girl! May I suggest online dating too? It's pretty awesome!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    ok why am I at home alone on a friday night looking THIS freaking good and suddenly single???? why can't I go downtown and just have fun???? why did I lose all this weight just to be alone????.... and no I'm not down.... and I"m not feeling sorry for myself... I just don't know how to actually do it!.... I've always been the ""big" girl... the one who babysat for everyone else while THEY went out.... have I missed my chance???

Why can't you?

Just go out.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! Your weight loss is awesome. You just need to go out with some friends and let loose it, you will fall into the scene again. So how long has it taken you to lose the weight? and did you have surgery or did u do it all with diet and exercise?

poor man's way.... diet and exercise my friend.... no friends to go out with.... no idea how to just do it!.... losing weight was easy compared to this!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    no you have not missed your chance, you have to get out there and give yourself a chance, enjoy life and celebrate the great work you've done to be a healthy person.

congrats!!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    try meetup.com
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I actually understand what you are going through and what you are feeling. I feel like I missedmy chance too. Even though Im only 27, I feel like its never going to happen to me ( love life, marriage etc)
  • strikerjb007
    Options
    You women are depressing me! Go out! :-p
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 22, im a city of young people and here I am on a saturday, sitting around on MFP, I don't have any friends within a 3000km radius and sometimes it drives me up the wall, but at the end of the day I remember I dont like people and I stick to myself. It blows.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Never to late girl.. you are amazxing that weightloss is out of this world... and so gorgeous!! Im home on a friday night to... all my friends have dates..my date is wine..LOL
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just go! It was hard to do for me as well but I just went. I started with a local pub for dinner. Yes I ate alone however after I did it a few times it got easier. People got to know my name and before long I was making friends. Before I knew it I was out for the entire evening. Just do it! Good luck.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You have not missed your chance. YOUR TIME IS NOW!!! Put yourself out there and be proud of what you have done for yourself. You are amazing.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

I would go out but I have no one to go out with. It's kinda weird going out alone :/
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age as you darling and I am a married mother who still manages to go out and have fun. So no you have not missed your chance. You probably just need to go and practice being out there and enjoying yourself.
  • strikerjb007
    Options

I would go out but I have no one to go out with. It's kinda weird going out alone :/
    Salvadorian? Me too! :-)
  • Annalise41
    Options
    i am so proud of you. Go out, look hot, have a drink, be around people come home. Simple!!
  • malicent
    Options
    LOL it's not the size that matters but how you use it. Maybe you're annoying or have some string of personality issues. I frankly could care less about how good someone looks if they're totally lame, boring, rude, neurotic, etc.

Anyways friends and relationships are OVERRATED LOL.
  • EmilyG34
    EmilyG34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Start by going to a bar and grill type place... You can sit at the bar, dress up have a couple drinks and chat with whomever is at the bar. Much less pressure than going to a full out bar. And you can get comfortable in that situation make some "friends" and eventually you will be headed out for a night on the town with some friends... :)
  • strikerjb007
    Options
    One thing I do a lot is travel alone and I have been to many places and met so many people. You just got to do it. The greatest things happen outside your comfort zone!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ok ok ok I'm going!...........

wish me luck!

fingers crossed and knee's shakng..... :drinker: