Are you addicted to food? NY Times quiz

Options

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Your score: 0
    Not Addicted.

Based on your answers, you do not meet the criteria for food addiction as defined by the Yale Food Addiction Scale.

Why am I fat then?

I got the same as you.

I am fat because I eat too much good food not because I eat when I am not hungry or for other emotional reasons. I eat too fast and thus the signal to my brain to stop eating is delayed significantly and I over eat leading to weight gain :) I have slowed my eating significantly since starting my journey and find I am not having any problems adjusting to a lower and more normal intake.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Possibly addicted for me... Which I'm not surprised since the quiz doesn't focus on any other eating problems. I'm recovering from bulimia -- of course I think about food and I am not good with hunger cues. Of course I'm anxious when I cut things out and sometimes try 'eat my feelings'. An anorexic would get a 'food addict' score, especially since the amounts of food are not specified as being 'large amounts'.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's a bit B.S. isn't it? Seven questions for something that goes as deep as an addiction... something just seems off about that.
  • LipSmackingFun
    LipSmackingFun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted. :sad: Yes I need help, that's why I'm on MFP. :wink:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a food addict. I'd die without it.

*ba dum*

Honestly, though... I'm not even going to take this quiz, because I'm not sure how to answer. I know if I wasn't being careful with my diet, and using MFP, and trying to lose weight, I'd definitely answer those questions differently.
  • sailorbacon
    sailorbacon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Score: 14
    Not addicted. Though they added underneath how others score and said possible food addiction. *shrugs* I'm working on it in any case.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm not addicted any more, but the fried chicken, ice cream and donuts sure looked good.:happy:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Not Addicted. Woohoo! Thanks to MFP.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I scored 26 (possible food addiction). I know I have an addiction, which is why I look and feel the way I do. I can lose weight VERY easily when I try, and if I wasn't addicted to food, I WOULD be healthy right now.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't even need to take the quiz. yep
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    yup ...not addicted..but then I think answers will differ depending on how long they have been on MFP..I have been here for 1.5 yrs and understand the relationship with food..
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Score: 14
    Not addicted. Though they added underneath how others score and said possible food addiction. *shrugs* I'm working on it in any case.

That doesn't mean you have a possible food addiction, it just means the other option for you to have gotten IF you had scored higher was possible food addiction. As you answered, you got no addiction.
  • ShadowChaser16
    Options
    It says I'm not addicted but I definitely am xD I think about food constantly!
  • ifixyospeech
    ifixyospeech Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did take the quiz twice and it came out exactly that way! prior to MFP and making the switch to a healthy lifestyle, I was definitely addicted to food and probably still am, but now i have it under control. Today for instance, I went out to breakfast and treated myself to biscuits and gravy. However, I DIDN'T consume the entire meal; I only ate half and realized I was full. This would have caused me significant anxiety a few months ago. The old me would've kept on going until the plate was clean.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Not addicted! But I already knew that.

The first question threw me for a loop though. I eat when I'm not hungry fairly often. It just seems like a normal thing to do when you enjoy the taste of food.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I got a possibly addicted. then said I was and wasn't addicted according to yale... Must be making progress...
  • LadyLuckAJ
    LadyLuckAJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Score was 11. Not Addicted.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Took it and it's No I thought I was LOL
    Oh And I scored a 6
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    YOUR SCORE: 0
    NOT ADDICTED.
    Based on your answers, you do not meet the criteria for food addiction as defined by the Yale Food Addiction Scale.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Your score: 22
    Not Addicted.

How is both 0 and 22 not addicted, but I got a 17 that says 'possibly addicted'?