I will never be able to lose this....

Options

Replies

• MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you are asking for help/motivation because you made this post and didn't just quit.

First, nothing is impossible. We make excuses for ourselves all the time. Mine recently has been - I just had my 2nd baby. So what? Nothing is stopping me from getting the body I want...except me. Bigger people than you, older people than you, sicker people than you, more injured people than you, have lost weight. You can too!

Figure out where that self doubt is coming from. Why don't you think you can lose weight? Are you confident in other areas of your life? Take that confidence and apply it to your weight loss.

Different healthy lifestyle techniques work for different people. You hate counting calories? Maybe try Weight Watchers where you count points instead. My mother-in-law had great success with Medical Weightloss after trying multiple other techniques. Find what works for you.

If you want it, you will do it. I know it is hard. Everyone on this site knows how hard it is. Work for it and it WILL be worth your hard work.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Is this a pity party you're throwing for yourself? I see you list only 38lbs to lose. There are people here who have lost ten times that amount and you don't see them crying. If you want it, suck it up and do it. If you don't want it, why are you here complaining about your little belly? I've lost almost 70lbs and my belly is still bigger than yours. Sheesh.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that this feels insurmountable right now. I felt that way 9 months ago.l and now I 'm.down at least 81 pounds and over 12" on my waist. Seriously, if you want improvement, take it one day at a time..do what you can to be healthier just for the day. If nothing else, your heart and lungs and skin and just about very part of your body will benefit. Focus just on the day. At least when you go to bed at night, you can honestly say you did the best you could. Who knows, one day you might wake up with a mindset different than today.. And the Jill may not seem as high. You can do it, it's up to you. I know I still have another 80 pounds to go, and the loss is slowing.. But for today, I'm going to keep trying.
    All the best!
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    How many you know with a belly like
    Mine? None right?

I do, my cousin has one about that big and is actually LOSING IT..and there are people who have been 400lbs on this site and are now down to 200lbs and working on getting down to the 100s. it doesn't and WON'T happen over night...u didnt put the weight on over night. if u want to u lose it u will weather u count calories or not.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Mine? None right?

you're on a website filled with people who used to have a belly like yours.
    <tough love> snap out of it. It's not going to be easy, but you'll get there if you really want to. Are you a strong minded person? then do it. </tough love>

and as someone else said, don't look at the long range goal. Look at smaller ones. 20lbs your clothes feel so much better. how many until you're in the next 100 range (into the 300s or the 200s)? look at THAT goal. Your belly will shrink.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Whether you think you can, or think you cannot, you're correct.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Mine? None right?

you're on a website filled with people who used to have a belly like yours.
    <tough love> snap out of it. It's not going to be easy, but you'll get there if you really want to. Are you a strong minded person? then do it. </tough love>

and as someone else said, don't look at the long range goal. Look at smaller ones. 20lbs your clothes feel so much better. how many until you're in the next 100 range (into the 300s or the 200s)? look at THAT goal. Your belly will shrink.

^^^^ This
  • embracingmycurves
    Options
    We all have some part of body that we want to change. Its not going to happen over night, but we all have to start somewhere. Try to make better choices when it comes to food, and move around a little each day. Before you know it that scale is going to be going down. Just trust the process.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    If you are not ready then it will not work - give it a break and come back when you are ready.

This is true, you have to change your lifestyle and if you are not willing you won't achieve your goals.

I hope though, that you will consider making that final leap!
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine? None right?

Mine looks just like that with another roll or two. It is SO hard, but I am doing it, you can too. If you need to, take a break, but don't go saying it's impossible, because if that's true, I might as well quit too, right?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    462C7294-8218-415A-BF3D-C4C97A42E92F-8264-0000050BC778A17D_zpsdaf3c6f2.jpg

Beyond discouraged. I think I am going to give up and just be a big belly girl for life. Not worth it. It's driving me crazy I am too manic to count calories...I just can't anymore!!!

Then DON"T count calories. I never count calories and I have lost 14 pounds (apparently mostly off my belly as my waist size has shrunk by three inches! What I do is tell myself every day is that, "I DON'T EAT SUGAR AND I DON'T EAT GRAIN!" I can eat everything else I want. What I find is that if I cut out all sugar (including high sugar foods like fruit juice and like canned baked beans, for example) and all grains, I lose weight effortlessly. I eat all the vegetables I want plus two fruits every day. I eat more fish than red meat because red meat is associated with inflammation (I have osteoarthritis) and I don't worry about moderate fat (but I only eat healthy fats like a few nuts and avocado and extra virgin olive oil for salads and cooking). I have 60 more pounds to go and I will NEVER return to eating the high-carb diet that I was eating before. I tried low-fat diets (which tend to be high-carb diets) before and felt absolutely AWFUL on them.
  • KarenAguiar
    KarenAguiar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I believe that anyone can quit smoking, quit drinking, lose weight, IF YOU ARE THERE MENTALLY....if you are not mentally, then it won't work. You have to BELIEVE....I say don't quit MFP...keep it going even if it is not going strong....and then one day it will hit you, and your mind will be there and instead of saying "I will never be able to lose this..." you will say "I lost this"
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Try setting small goals instead of looking at the goals that seem so far away. Such as make a goal of 20 pounds and then keep making new goals. You will get frustrated if you look at how far you have to go then the small accomplishments

This is really good advice.

I have felt overwhelmed by the amount of weight and have sat and calculated how long it will take to reach goal, and quit before I started many many times. I bet most of the people on this website have done the same at some point. I didn't even start tracking or trying for several weeks after joining MFP, it took me those weeks to get my mind right. I feel I have been successful so far because I decided I no longer care how long it takes and I almost never think about the total amount I want/need to lose (about 70 pounds) - I think about TODAY.

I get up every morning and look at the app on my phone and I think of it like my bank. So this morning, I had 1720 calories to spend. If I exercise, I've made an additional deposit. The bigger the deposit, the more I can spend, if I need/want to. If I want to feel full, I know I need to choose my food wisely to get the biggest bang for my buck :bigsmile: I track every bite, I drink my water, I exercise. In 8 weeks, it's already become second nature. And it works. My goal is to lose 1 pound a week. If I make it (on average, since I only weigh every 2 weeks), I have succeeded, and I press on. So I'm focused on today and on my weekly goal. I have not missed my goal once in 8 weeks. At some point, I'll probably hit a plateau, and when that happens, all my food and exercise is right here for me to look at and evaluate and figure out what I can change to fix it.

So many people have had success, they post their stories and pictures on this website all the time, people who had 20 pounds to lose and people with 200 pounds to lose. If they/we can do it, you can too! Don't give up!! :flowerforyou:
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Mine? None right?

Come on now! Of course you're not the only one! Calm down and just work hard. If you have already decided you can't do it you've failed before you even began!!
  • kmhamilton6
    kmhamilton6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You got yourself to that point, and you are able to get it off. If you want it bad enough, you will push until it happens. If you are not ready and not motivated, you may succeed for a few lbs in the short term, but more than likely not long term.

Thanks
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Mine? None right?

Mine WAS - 22 months ago! You will do it when you are really ready. Hang in there!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Mine? None right?

Just wanted to add - I saw a woman with a belly larger than yours at my gym last night. She walked on the treadmill for a long time and then she used the weight machines. She's doing it, you can too. :flowerforyou:
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Eat half of what's normally on your plate at every meal and walk twice as much as you usually do every day.
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just posted my blog today about my 1 year anniversary. Read it and then tell me you can't. If I can and am, you can.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dantanna85/view/what-a-difference-a-year-makes-424427#comments
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Mine? None right?

look at my profile pic...

if you think you can or if you think you can't, you're RIGHT!

if you want help... I will help you... but you have to be ready... you have to want it... and you have to work...

and it is work... lots of work... but it can also be fun... and if I can do it anyone can...

if you are ready... and you want it... ask for help... and we will be more than happy to help