Super Bowl Sunday Water Challenge!!

Options
Are ya with me? Many of us will be faced with major temptation today as we watch the big game- whether you're a football fan or not! Why not have at least 1 thing to be proud of at the end of the day... drinking enough water? I'm hoping to stay within my calories, too, but drinking enough water is another goal of mine today.

My goal is: 11 cups of water :drinker: 1 down, 10 to go!

Who's with me???

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya Kelynn!
    2 down 9 to go!!
  • spomaney
    spomaney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 3 down, 8 to go! :)
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    With ya! I've already had 2 glasses so I'm well on my way :bigsmile:

~Leash :heart:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Yay... glad to see you guys joining me! :bigsmile:
  • sdimmerling
    Options
    I like this challenge!! I am in!! 3 down, and the day is young! :wink:
  • jmichel
    Options
    My husband's family has huge Christmas meals -- and I always gain at least two pounds that day. This year, though, I sat a gallon on water on the counter and drank three of them over the course of the day (which is about 18 hours long, or at least so it seems -- I am at my inlaws...). I don't recommend drowning yourself (water can be toxic in too large of quantities), but I did not gain a single pound! (Made lots of trips to the bathroom, too...) And since I had so much water to consume, I did eat less.

So here's to your football challenge! I have my gallon of water ready, too!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll go for 2 of my 40 oz. Klean Kanteen!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I'm so in...5 in/6 to go...I've been up since 5:bigsmile:
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i'm in!!!!! 2 in 9 to go!!!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i'm in!!!!! 2 in 9 to go!!!
  • patricepeop
    patricepeop Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd better get started!
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    My husband's family has huge Christmas meals -- and I always gain at least two pounds that day. This year, though, I sat a gallon on water on the counter and drank three of them over the course of the day (which is about 18 hours long, or at least so it seems -- I am at my inlaws...). I don't recommend drowning yourself (water can be toxic in too large of quantities), but I did not gain a single pound! (Made lots of trips to the bathroom, too...) And since I had so much water to consume, I did eat less.

So here's to your football challenge! I have my gallon of water ready, too!

I've actually heard of that- that huge amounts of water can be toxic. I don't know if any of you remember, but there was a radio station contest a while back called "Hold your wee for a Wii" and people had to drink a ton of water and the last person to not go to the bathroom won a Wii and a woman actually died from it- from drinking to much water:brokenheart: ... they said that her insides basically drowned! :noway: I'm always drinking water, and I get scared- I mean I'm sure you'd have to drink a TON of water for that to happen, but it's a little scary to think about!
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! 3 down 8 to go:drinker:
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Off to go hiking... will check in when I get back... keep drinking! :drinker:
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I just love the fact that so many beautiful women are watching the Super Bowl...

Got to love a woman who loves football...

Im not that lucky but I do have my two boys watching today...(30 and 28)

makes me want to drink water

GO Saints
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have such a hard time drinking water on the weekends! I have good coffee, and drink more of that, but lax on the water. My goal is 10 - 2 down 8 to go!

For the water toxicity issue - you have to drink over a gallon in less than an hour as a general rule to get sick/die from it. You can drink a gallon or more of water over the course of a day with no bad effects - just don't try to get it all in over the course of an hour! And there is some truth to the idea that you can dilute the electrolytes in your body if you drink too much water, again pretty rare and most water has mineral content in it to balance that out. However, if you only drink distilled or r/o water (reverse osmosis) you should look into some mineral supplements.
  • nsgrimm
    Options
    I'm in, I have a long way to go.....hahaha
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    7 down, 4 to go :drinker:
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    y'all are doing great! I saw this too late in the day, but I am bound and determined to drink my 9 glasses today. I'm half way there!

Oh and.....GO SAINTS!!!!!!
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm in 2 down 9 to go. I gave up drinking beer so I can lose the weight, so this will be the first superbowl without beer and all the good fatty foods, chips and dips. I'm really committed to loosing and keeping it off this time. I've already filled out my food diary and I will be within my calorie rangeby the end of the day. A little over on the protein, but everything else is good. YEA!!!

Go Saints!!!!!:smile: