I Need Your Cookie Recipes!

Options
We started off our morning being woken up at 4:30 to a neighbor pounding on our door - the trailer next to ours, and the one to the right of it (both vacant, thankfully) were on fire, and gone in almost no time. Two fire departments, a sheriff's department, and several hours later, they had put it out and even put out the embers that had spread to under ours before it did any actual damage.

I intend to spend all day Sunday baking cookies for the neighbor, firefighters, and sheriff's office as a thank you for pretty much saving everything we own, and our lives. So, I need to bake a ton of cookies, and I need awesome recipes, healthy or not is irrelevant.

Throw 'em my way!

Replies

• jessicae1aine
    Options
    No one has cookie recipes....?
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have some great ones but I'm just going to bed and have a busy day tomorrow prepping for a pre-thanksgiving dinner. I can post them in the mid day but that might be too late for you.
  • AluminumKraken
    AluminumKraken Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Since you said that healthy didn't matter, the chocolate chip cookie recipe that's included with the sticks of butter-flavored Crisco are really good. I normally double the amount of chocolate chips it calls for, and cook them to the chewy stage (I think it's 8 minutes a batch), so they don't take very long either.
  • riotshows
    Options
    Look up cookie recipes on line. Search soft ginger cookies...taste great and look great and the recipe usually makes lots.
    Sorry I can't find my recipes at the moment and don't really want to be reading cookie recipes with the state i'm in :P
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Here's an easy one. Good basic sugar cookie.
    1 cup butter

¾ confectioner’s sugar

2 cups sifted all-purpose flour

Cream butter with sugar until very smooth and fluffy. Add flour and mix in with fingers to form dough. Place dough on lightly-floured pastry cloth and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness; no thinner. Cut with cookie cutters. Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees until light brown, about 15 minutes. Do not allow cookies to become browned in the baking; browning will mask their delicate butter flavor. Remove from cookie sheet to cloth-covered surface to cool.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I have some great ones but I'm just going to bed and have a busy day tomorrow prepping for a pre-thanksgiving dinner. I can post them in the mid day but that might be too late for you.

Mid-day is fine, I'm baking tomorrow!

Thanks for the suggestions! :) I'd love more, I can definitely bake a variety for them.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
    INGREDIENTS
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup butter, room temperature
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1 egg
    1 1/4 cup flour
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt

METHOD
    1 Beat the butter until creamy, 2 minutes. Add the sugars, beat for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
    2 Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

3 Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
    For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • lovep90x
    lovep90x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds odd to make cookies with Bisquick. I tried these last week and they were fantastic and pretty quick to make. Instead of chocolate chips, I chopped up a cup of butterfinger bites candy. Everyone who tried them loved them :)

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/bisquick-chocolate-chip-cookies/4ec9eb4c-4b19-4663-b2c2-186253701866

I am glad you, your family and your home are safe.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    These are the absolute best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever made. And I've made lots of them. Everyone loves these & I've been asked over & over for the recipe! I don't add the optional ingredients & also add 1 tsp of vanilla.

http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/2011/03/01/levain-bakery-inspired-chocolate-chip-walnut-cookie-recipe/
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yummy pumpkin cookies - great for the season!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup soft margarine or 1/2 cup butter
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    2 3/4 cups flour
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ginger
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 cup raisins (optional)
    1/2 cup walnuts (optional)

Directions:

Whip butter.

Add sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla.

Add flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt.

Mix together.

Add raisins or walnuts or dates (whichever you prefer).

Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Drop by tbsp on cookie sheet - I sprayed mine with Pam.

Cook at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes - makes approximately 3 dozens.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-cookies-415821?oc=linkback
  • coopersmith99
    coopersmith99 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • janelle1993
    Options
    I always do the cookie recipe for sugar cookies on the flour bags I get you should try that, they turn out great!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    These cookies are amazing. I own a bakery, we tested dozens of recipes before selling these, and these were by far the winner.

http://www.othersideoffifty.com/2010/08/new-york-times-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Also, the recipes on the back of ingredients are usually top notch, they test hundreds before printing them. (on the back of chocolate chips, oatmeal, coconut flakes, etc)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    We started off our morning being woken up at 4:30 to a neighbor pounding on our door - the trailer next to ours, and the one to the right of it (both vacant, thankfully) were on fire, and gone in almost no time. Two fire departments, a sheriff's department, and several hours later, they had put it out and even put out the embers that had spread to under ours before it did any actual damage.

I intend to spend all day Sunday baking cookies for the neighbor, firefighters, and sheriff's office as a thank you for pretty much saving everything we own, and our lives. So, I need to bake a ton of cookies, and I need awesome recipes, healthy or not is irrelevant.

Throw 'em my way!

Healthy is ALWAYS relevant!! :wink:

Go healthy and they'll love you even more, they won't know the difference and while you're getting healthy yourself, you won't be feeding others junk!

Here's what I found with click on Google:

http://tinyurl.com/9gtr8cx
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/healthy-cookies-00412000073008/

There's tons more!

Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

15 ozs pumpkin pie filling (solid pack)
    18 ozs spice cake mix (dry mix - no other ingredients)
    12 ozs chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together pumpkin and spice cake until well blended. Add chocolate chips to mix. Drop cookies on greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Makes 30 cookies

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Easy-Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-Recipezaar

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/746666-chocolate-chip-pumpkin-bars
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options