Not loosing after 1 mth, ANYONE?

Options
2»

Replies

• sitinthehall
    Options
    I don't know about you, but it seems to work for me... Try actually CHEATING on your cheat days. Pig out for one meal. Those cheat days are supposed to throw your metabolism out of whack.
    Also, it sounds to me like you're losing, the scale just doesn't want to show it. Start taking measurements along with weighing yourself.
    You might also look into checking your heart rate during exercise. Make sure you're getting it up there!
    Most importantly, KEEP AT IT!
  • shiftysheep
    shiftysheep Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't know all you stats (if you post your age, weight, height, intensity & frequency of workouts, I could workout your BMR & then TDEE), but I would suggest eating more & upping the intensity of your workouts, also try skipping breakfast, if you wake up at 7am then don't eat till 1pm & stop eating about 8pm-9pm i.e. very basic IF (Intermittent fasting).
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Have you been to the doctor to eliminate hypothyroid, PCOS, insulin resistance, diabetes, etc?

If not, getting a checkup and bloodwork done should be step 1.
    Next, have you taken measurements? How do your clothes fit? Step 2 is to take measurements and "before" photos. You'll thank me later. Step 3 is to address your diet. It sounds like you're not eating enough. I actually didn't lose a single pound during my first 6 weeks here, but during that time my body was changing. I was losing fat, but not weight. Why? Most likely it was from the sudden increase in exercise causing water retention in my muscles. I lost inches everywhere. I also during that time started lifting heavy weights and increased my calories to 1600 from around 1200. So I think the first few weeks being at 1200 stalled me completely, then I raised my cals and started lifting and didn't really gain or lose, but I felt a heck of a lot better and all the sudden had energy. Then all the sudden in week 6 i dropped 6 lbs. It was what 'they' call a woosh. Since then i have adjusted my calories a little here and there based on my progress, but i have steadily lost 1-1.5 lbs a week, and have been eating around 1600 and eating back all my exercise cals, and running and lifting and getting at least 2 days a week of rest. This week i am doing my first diet break, and am maintaining on 2200 kcals a day. Did i mention i have hypothyroid?

so, IMO you probably need to eat more, and don't get discouraged. Something will work, if you stick with it!
  • shiftysheep
    Options
    Cheating on cheat days works by insulin upping leptin levels (making the body think the lean times or over, allowing it to spend excess energy on other things & not favor storing fat). But this works best for people who are already leanish, because people with a few extra to lose generally speaking have a leptin resistance because of prolonged raised leptin levels due to the fact fat cell produce leptin to tell the brain there is enough fat stores. So increasing insulin response on your cheat day will not have the same leptin responce & could make it harder for someone who already has leptin resistance to lose weight.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dear-mark-should-i-increase-carb-intake-for-weight-loss/
  • shiftysheep
    Options
    Have you been to the doctor to eliminate hypothyroid, PCOS, insulin resistance, diabetes, etc?

If not, getting a checkup and bloodwork done should be step 1.
    Next, have you taken measurements? How do your clothes fit? Step 2 is to take measurements and "before" photos. You'll thank me later. Step 3 is to address your diet. It sounds like you're not eating enough. I actually didn't lose a single pound during my first 6 weeks here, but during that time my body was changing. I was losing fat, but not weight. Why? Most likely it was from the sudden increase in exercise causing water retention in my muscles. I lost inches everywhere. I also during that time started lifting heavy weights and increased my calories to 1600 from around 1200. So I think the first few weeks being at 1200 stalled me completely, then I raised my cals and started lifting and didn't really gain or lose, but I felt a heck of a lot better and all the sudden had energy. Then all the sudden in week 6 i dropped 6 lbs. It was what 'they' call a woosh. Since then i have adjusted my calories a little here and there based on my progress, but i have steadily lost 1-1.5 lbs a week, and have been eating around 1600 and eating back all my exercise cals, and running and lifting and getting at least 2 days a week of rest. This week i am doing my first diet break, and am maintaining on 2200 kcals a day. Did i mention i have hypothyroid?

so, IMO you probably need to eat more, and don't get discouraged. Something will work, if you stick with it!

Awesome advice, I also have hypothyroidism caused by graves disease (it used to be hyperthyroidism till I had radio active iodine). But the key is listen to your body.