Favourite 'no equipment needed' exercise

Options
Okay so I definitely luv walking and swimming (although I don't do much of the latter unless at the beach).

Replies

• Sandraleigh87
    Sandraleigh87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jump squats, jumping lunges, sumo squats, planks, mountain climbers.
  • Slimat30
    Options
    Running! Love love love it! X
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Swimming (I'm a total fish!), Walking, Hiking and I's say Jogging working up to Running (on a treadmill at the moment). I love the feeling I get when I run though -- reminds me of childhood and puts me back to when we used to run around on the playground playing tag-your-it and skip-rope was awesome too. Do a little of that Skip-Rope every once in a while. :)

BUT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE IS BELLY DANCING!!! I absolutely LOOOOVVEEE DANCING!!! (of all kinds!!) I go to the night clubs NOT to drink or pick up the boys, but to DAAAANCE the night away! <3

BTW, if anyone wants, you can add me as a friend. :)

- Shelley xoxo
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Diamond Press-Ups. On a more non-training note, street dancing (yes, I am one). :)
  • genefabes
    Options
    running
    lunges
    squats
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not to be a party pooper but don't you need equipment to swim i.e. a pool??
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Swimming and dancing!
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Push ups (plyo push ups, military style, wide push ups).
  • juniper5
    Options
    not necessarily - there's always the beach or lake
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    walking, hiking, dancing, push ups. planks,jumping jacks.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Swimming is my absolute favourite exercise but I wouldn't call it equipment free.

My favourite (for results, I actually hate them) is planks. Running is also good - and yes, for me it's equipment free because I'm running barefoot.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    not necessarily - there's always the beach or lake

Fine and dandy if you have a lake/beach handy although I'd argue for bathers also being a requirement. Also for me I need to lap swim to make proper exercise out of it. I also need goggles and a cap.
  • SirKelsalot
    Options
    Walking, jogging, yoga for cardio. For strength, sit-ups, push ups and side leg raises :)

I know you need a mat for yoga but I've done it on grass before (at my mum's caravan) and on soft carpet at my fiancé's house. I only need the mat because of wood flooring at my place.

Edited to add there's nothing more awesome than doing yoga on the grass, barefoot, on a warm summer morning. We've a cracking view of Slieve Donard (mountain in N. Ireland) too when I'm at the caravan, which makes for the perfect atmosphere :)
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Walking, walking, walking - and dancing to MTV when I'm alone on the house!! At my size/age its not a pretty sight but I love it!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Spartan running... if you can run barefooted. Otherwise stuff like lunges, squats, sumo squats, star jumps, mountain climbers, side jumps.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I love swimming - but I don't count it as a 'no equipment needed' exercise. I'd need access to a pool, or transport to travel to a beach, and I'd need to change into my swimsuit and bring a towel. I love walking too, although I wear walking shoes, so I don't even count that as fully 'no equipment needed.'

My favourite exercise that I see as 'no equipment needed' is the plank. It seems the simplest to me - I can do it wherever I am, whatever I'm wearing. And it doesn't take long, and has good results.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Running and Zumba :) i dont use any equipment for any exercise
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Walking, walking, walking - and dancing to MTV when I'm alone on the house!! At my size/age its not a pretty sight but I love it!!

Hang on! You need clothes and shoes for walking !!!:wink:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot - Bulgarian hops:
    http://youtu.be/meXaHgDWuLw

(without dbs, obviously)

I like to do them at the end of a legs session for a more plyometric workout.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    You don't NEED clothes for walking and running.

I like open water swimming and barefoot running, yoga and gardening.