Why am I not losing weight!?

I started MFP about 3 weeks ago now, and in the first week I lost about 4lbs . . . since then, I have not lost a thing! I have checked my sodium levels, of which I am eating the right amount, but still no loss. I have been exercising almost everyday, eating healthy foods, and eating back my exercise calories . . . and still the scales remain stubbornly in the same place. I started off with a projected weight loss of 2lb/week, and was eating 1200 cal/day. After 1 week of no loss, I changed this to 1.5lb/week, and started eating 1330 cal/day. After 2 weeks of no loss, i have now changed this to 1lb/week, and it says I should now be eating about 1500cal/day. Someone please tell me where I am going wrong!!!!!

Replies

• darcompagnon
    darcompagnon Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there,

I am not sure what you are you but all I can tell you is what I have been doing. I only eat my 1200 calories a day and often less and burn off about 400 calories per day doing cardio on an elliptical and jump rope, it has worked ofr me, I have lost 36 lbs 20 weeks. In the beginning I lost 27 lbs in the first 11 weeks but now its slowing down, but I am happy with what i weight which is in the 130's. Keep sticking to what your doing, try to stay under for recommended daily calories and carbs and exercise like crazy.
  • darcompagnon
    darcompagnon Posts: 4 Member
    I just looked at your pic, you are not that big, you look small .
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    This seem to come up a lot in the forums.
    I did the same.
    But you just need to stick at it :)
  • Malozing0809
    Malozing0809 Posts: 71 Member
    As your body adjusts to exercises, you tend to burn less the more you are used to the workout. Have you been changing it up from day to day?