I used to love ? and now I cant stand it!!

Options

Replies

• EllysJellys
    Options
    The very processed, fatty, salty sausages we dutch people eat a lot during winter; (smoked sausage) used to loooooovvveee this as a child, last year I took a bite to try what it was like now when I had switched to eating only lean cuts of meat, and uhg, it didn't taste like anything but greasy fat and salt. Pass me the real meat, please!

Also, cheetos. chewy bits of garbage, if I HAD to choose potato chips for my occasional salty cravings, I'd rather have oven baked or snack on asian crisps, or the paprika-flavored mini rice cakes (snack a jacks) which are just as good and just a far better option, haha.

does sound nice!! but then i tend to like anything thats bad for you!!!
    Dutch here too. Have to confess I still love dutch sausage!!! Give me a plate piled high of mashed potatoes, boiled kale, sausage, and about half a cup of butter and mmmmmm I feel like death but it's soooo good!
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sugar and margerine butties.

Doughnuts except Krispy Kremes.

Fruits.. I used to love them and now I really really struggle to eat them.

I only can bear them if I blend them into a milkshake, smoothie or juiced. Except bananas and clementines. I could eat them. :-)
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The very processed, fatty, salty sausages we dutch people eat a lot during winter; (smoked sausage) used to loooooovvveee this as a child, last year I took a bite to try what it was like now when I had switched to eating only lean cuts of meat, and uhg, it didn't taste like anything but greasy fat and salt. Pass me the real meat, please!

Also, cheetos. chewy bits of garbage, if I HAD to choose potato chips for my occasional salty cravings, I'd rather have oven baked or snack on asian crisps, or the paprika-flavored mini rice cakes (snack a jacks) which are just as good and just a far better option, haha.

Dutch here too. Have to confess I still love dutch sausage!!! Give me a plate piled high of mashed potatoes, boiled kale, sausage, and about half a cup of butter and mmmmmm I feel like death but it's soooo good!

I'd rather go for the full-fat meatball with gravy if I were to indulge, but usually I eat the mashed potato-veg combos we dutch all love during winter meatless these days, it's already so filling!
    But dang, now I want meatballs.

..En een lekkere warme stroopwafel gaat er ook wel in :P
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

Hope u are all doing well with your MFP journey : ) I was thinking about foods I used to love as a child but now i cant stand!! When i was younger (much younger!!) i couldnt get enough of rollmops - tried one a month or 2 ago and it made me want to hurl!!!!! Tell me a food you used to adore but now would rather forget ever existed!!!

Ellie

Whatis a rollmop? Never heard of it.
  • Cruzin2012
    Cruzin2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Doritos. Eww. Just......eww.
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Whatis a rollmop? Never heard of it.
    [/quote]

a rollmop is herring rolled up with a stick in it to hold it all together. it is usually pickled in vinegar with onions!!
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Doritos. Eww. Just......eww.

oh i looooooove doritos!!
  • anniebonnie
    anniebonnie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ketchup, mayonaise, salad dressing, white bread (unless it's SUPER soft), juice, soda...OH my gosh and BBQ sauce! I don't know why I even ever liked that stuff in the first place!:x Yuck
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Ketchup, mayonaise, salad dressing, white bread (unless it's SUPER soft), juice, soda...OH my gosh and BBQ sauce! I don't know why I even ever liked that stuff in the first place!:x Yuck

i agree with the white bread thing - hardly ever have any bread now actually!! used to eat sooo much of it!! but mayo i love!!!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options

..En een lekkere warme stroopwafel gaat er ook wel in :P

mmm stroopwaffel... so much yum. I miss fresh ones off the vendor carts in the Netherlands. Sad sigh.
  • heathermaxine
    Options
    When I was young I used to absolutely LOVE pickles. I'm not sure if I ate too many at one times or what, but I can't stand them now. Even the smell of them nauseates me. :P
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ice-cream that comes out of a machine (Mr Whippy?) I used to live off the stuff as a kiddy but tried some the other week and it just tasted like reeeaaalllly bloody cold nothing! Give me a pot of Joes ANY day :)
  • lhypes08
    Options
    I cant eat chicken nuggets or pizza rolls since having my kids
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to love Domino's pizza! But now, I'm just sick of it, and the thought of it is nauseating.
  • sarahmichelexo
    sarahmichelexo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to love bell peppers, but I really can't stand them now :( unless they're super cooked down. boo.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    those mini donuts coated in chocolate. tastes like a mouthful of shortening now.
  • heathermaxine
    Options

I agree with the ketchup and the BBQ sauce! For some reason as a child they're the greatest thing ever, but as you get older you realize how sickeningly sweet they are.
  • madstarr
    madstarr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs, mayo, any boxed food (i.e. Kraft macaroni and cheese), anything canned.
  • Arickie
    Options
    Oscar Meyer Bologna....I used to eat it by the package. Can't stand it at all now!
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I feel like the odd one out! I can't think of one thing I used to love but now hate. My parents were pretty good about incorporating 'grown up' foods into our diets as kids so maybe that's why? And I don't think I liked most of the 'kid' foods as a kid anyways-- spaghettios, hamburger helper, ketchup, sugar cereal, twinkies, etc. :/