Attention Chocoholics!

Options
LadyElby
LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
Attention, Attention! Chocoholics, please show yourselves!

My name is Erika, and I am a SERIOUS chocoholic. By not keeping much chocolate in my house, I'm usually able to keep myself from getting my fix. But I crave it constantly. When I do give in to temptation, I indulge in things like Jello Fat Free Sugar Free Cook and Serve Chocolate Pudding, or chocolate pudding packs, or Trader Joes Dark chocolate with almonds. But I find that I get bored with those after a while... What other forms of chocolate do you guys go for? I'm looking for ideas, recipes, anything. I steer clear of grains and wheat 99% of the time so I'm looking for things that don't include any of that.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate and its really my downfall. A small piece is never enough and on 1200 calories a day its too riskyfor me so I avoid it, dont buy it and dont keep it in the house. I do keep a jar of Options Belgium hot chocloate mix so if I fancy a sweet treat I have a cup of hot chocloate in the evenings, its 40 calories and I find it helps me.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I'm going to use up calories on chocolate, I'd rather just have some real chocolate than those kinds of things. A small amount of chocolate doesn't have that many calories in the grand scheme of things. Because I don't eat as much of it now, I tend to go for higher quality stuff (eg. Green & Blacks) and try interesting flavours. For a tiny chocolate fix, if you can get hold of Mikado chocolate biscuits - they're only 11 calories each and come in milk, dark, white and hazelnut.
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    I never used to like dark chocolate, but recently decided to try it again and have found that I do now enjoy it. I prefer the dark chocolate that has flavors in them, ie mints, fruity flavors and the like. But, I have found that if I have room left in my calories for the day I will allow myself a treat or I will make sure I have enough calories for a treat everyday so that I don't feel deprived of a "treat". This way I won't go overboard on my cheat days. I am thinking of trying the dark hot chocolate idea though, that does sound good with winter coming. yum.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bliss in a cup I call it...one packet of instant hot cocoa and 1/2 tsp of peanut butter...yum, chocolate with a hint of peanut butter and all for only 41 calories!! Cures my sweet cravings instantly! =)
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder!
  • LadyElby
    Options
    Bliss in a cup I call it...one packet of instant hot cocoa and 1/2 tsp of peanut butter...yum, chocolate with a hint of peanut butter and all for only 41 calories!! Cures my sweet cravings instantly! =)

That does sound amazing! I am a major peanut butter fan as well! That's usually something I can fight the craving for, but 41 calories!!? Can't beat that!!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My issue is the hot chocolate mix that I have comes in packets, and is 90 calories :( so I never use the whole thing. haha!
    One thing I like to do is buy chocolate kisses. They are around 25 calories, so it is crucial that you can control yourself, but if I let myself have one a few times throughout the day, I don't feel chocolate deprived, and my diet doesn't crash and burn either!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Nutella is my yummy fix with some animal crackers, sometimes just in a spoon.
  • LadyElby
    Options
    My issue is the hot chocolate mix that I have comes in packets, and is 90 calories :( so I never use the whole thing. haha!
    One thing I like to do is buy chocolate kisses. They are around 25 calories, so it is crucial that you can control yourself, but if I let myself have one a few times throughout the day, I don't feel chocolate deprived, and my diet doesn't crash and burn either!

I was thinking of something like that. It's a great idea!! I do have trouble controlling myself, but if I'm out of the house, and I just take one or two with me, that wouldn't be so bad. Thanks!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Under recipes on this site is a cake called 3,2,1 cake. It is made with one box of angel food cake and the other can be chocolate. The whole recipe is really easy. :smile: (You just make one little cake (low in calories at a time)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    High quality dark chocolate in small quantities and dutch processed cocoa are the only way to go! Quality over quantity.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Under recipes on this site is a cake called 3,2,1 cake. It is made with one box of angel food cake and the other can be chocolate. The whole recipe is really easy. :smile: (You just make one little cake (low in calories at a time)

How do I find the recipe? When I go to the Recipe section, I don't see an option to search. I only see the recipes I've added to my recipe box. Help, I want cake!!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i'm a recovering chocoholic and after not eating much of it for several months, i find that i dont really crave it much anymore AND when i do eat a piece of candy, it doesnt taste as good as it used to and i dont even end up eating the whole thing... however choc. fudge and hot fudge still taste pretty freakin' awesome!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    First click on Community. Then on top you will see home-recent posts-my topics-settings-Search. Click on Search and type in 3,2,1 cake or 3,2,1 chocolate cake.

Here is a link. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/596985-3-2-1-cake-low-cal?hl=3,2,1+cake&page=1#posts-8542268.
  • skinnyitaliannn
    Options
    Nutella is my yummy fix with some animal crackers, sometimes just in a spoon.

I wish I could keep Nutella in the house without eating it all within 2 days... :(
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    have you tried carob instead?
  • navywife5810
    navywife5810 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    have you tried carob instead?

i have it's an awesome substitute..

i'll be honest, i tried it in a dare a few years ago by eating a carob chip cookie dog treat lol.
    i thought i was going to gag & have to spit it out, but it tasted just like a chocolate chip cookie to me.

since then, if i'm going crazy for chocolate, i'll buy some carob instead! much healthier!!

Edited for spelling.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate!

The first thing I do is to add a Tbsp of cocoa powder, along with some brown sugar and milk to my morning coffee. It ends up being 91 cals and lots of days, I get so busy that I don't have time to drink it in one sitting, so I reheat it and it lasts me all morning.

The other thing I keep in the house is semi-sweet chocolate chips and if I really feel the need for something chocolate, I grab a few of those and enjoy melting them in my mouth.
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Tablespoons of natural cocoa powder in EVERYTHING!! Also, dark chocolate chips! But those are pretty hard to control your portions around.
  • thecloud6
    Options
    I eat one dark chocolate Ghirardelli square (with sea salt caramel) a day. I just automatically include it in MYP journal in the mornings usually. It is like 60 or so calories for one...and so worth it to me! Oh, I like them chilled to so it takes me a little longer to eat it. I keep my bag in the freezer. :)