Today is a new day!

Options
Today I am not going to eat any junk food all day.

Only fruits veggies and protein. Lets see how I do one day at a time.

Wish me luck, cause Im already cravng Mc'ds and a snickers bar lol.

Replies

• nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Today I ate all the junk. And its already end of the day. I will start now to be clean!!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Cheers for you for choosing to have a healthy day! I know the cravings are hard, but if you can keep them at bay for a few weeks they really do ease up. That has been my experience at least! Its hard though being around junk in the office every day.
  • daivawood
    Options
    Your words are so encouraging. I'm starting my new day today! (I seem to have an autopilot that takes me to the ice cream my dear partner brings home...) Today's goal is healthiy living and mindful eating.
    Good luck on your endeavors!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Isn't it funny how the more you eat that stuff the more you crave it? A couple days of clean and you won't want it.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Do not deny yourself, slowdown look at it and determine does this fit into my goals? if you can fit it in look at why you shouldn't do it. I think the best way is balance until it isn't an issue anymore. Remember your goals and what you have been missing by not being healthy. You can do this!!! Good Luck
  • loopingcaterpillar
    Options
    the advice i followed was to drink water when you crave something. it can work pretty well as it at least gives you something to do, and while you're drinking it plan your next activity :)
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Wishing you a happy day full of good choices.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with carbs? Carbs arent evil? U don't have to cut them out to eat healthy or clean?
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    working out your will power muscle won't BURN calories exactly..... but it kicks *kitten* at preventing them from piling on.... and the high you get from knowing you are stronger is AWESOME
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with carbs? Carbs arent evil? U don't have to cut them out to eat healthy or clean?

and low fat products are good for you!......

NOT
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options

No one said carbs were evil. One person (unless it missed it) said that they are low-carb, that is that persons choice and it has helped her lose a lot! So it works, for her. She was just explaining what she does when she's craving.

OP, good luck to you today! You can do it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

and low fat products are good for you!......

NOT

really?! wow!
  • Glam128
    Options
    OK I suck! The freind I was with wanted to stop at mcd's and I ate fries!!!

So when Im in this situation what can I order that is healthy from mcd's

Im mad at myself today. I know I can do this but I just suck today. blah!
  • mknmischief
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over a few fries. You did do well the rest of the day. Try to log in your fries and see where your balance is. If you're over go for a walk till they're gone.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Being mad at yourself or sad or upset or disgusted is what sets off a day of eating that was unplanned. If your fries fit in your daily calorie allowance, what's the harm?

Go for a long walk before bedtime or wake up 30 minutes earlier tomorrow and do some jumping jacks, squats, lunges, skip rope.

I keep reading posts where a lot of people are so hard on themselves with their words and judgment. Ease up. It's all good :)
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Carry some snacks with you like dried fruit, nuts, or trail mix. That way you can eat healthy and if your friend asks why you aren't eating anything you can explain that you are trying to eat healthier. Maybe your friend will be interested and you can go on this journey together. I don't eat at mcdonalds, but don't they have apple slices now?
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Being mad at yourself or sad or upset or disgusted is what sets off a day of eating that was unplanned. If your fries fit in your daily calorie allowance, what's the harm?

Go for a long walk before bedtime or wake up 30 minutes earlier tomorrow and do some jumping jacks, squats, lunges, skip rope.

I keep reading posts where a lot of people are so hard on themselves with their words and judgment. Ease up. It's all good :)
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options

oops, did the quote without the info

This and keep going, one day does not a lifetime make.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to allow some of the less healthy stuff I crave over the weekends, still fitting into my goal (I workout both days burning at least 800 each day), and eating clean the other 5 days and seeing how that works as from my experience, saying a big 'no' to yourself and setting out to just cut it all out, does not work for the majority and only leads to eating even more of the stuff or having an all out binge. I think some can cut it entirely and kudos to them if they are happy to live the rest of their lives never having any 'junk', but for many, this is not workable so it is better to find a workaround.