Is it cheating ??

Options
2»

Replies

• lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Heck no!!! As long as you have the calories go ahead and enjoy it!!! I know I do!!!:happy:
  • hotsambatcho
    hotsambatcho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    only if you eat the whole box!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    No, it's not. Just make sure you stay within your calorie goal and you'll be fine.
  • cdmalmrose
    cdmalmrose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No ... I remember my mother-in-law telling me once ... better to have a small slice of pie and enjoy it than to continually deny myself and then binge and eat the whole pie later and feel guilt for days afterwards.

Always thought that was good advice.

I know that philosophy does not work for everyone ... but for me it does. So If I want cookies or ice cream ... I allow myself a cookie or a scoop of ice cream and I do not consider it cheating.

I find that I am less likely to binge if I allow small treats.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    nothing is cheating if it fits into your goals, ENJOY
    this for sure. i usually have something daily most people would consider cheating. like four mini cupcakes today lol

Yep, same here. Having a whole day or meal where I eat what I wish never worked for me, I just spiralled, but if I have limited quantities each day of the foods I most crave, it keeps me in line, so to speak. Though ideally, I wish I was one of those people who can eat clean 6 days a week. I get mini cupcakes too sometimes.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am noticing that my tastes are changing...it was extremely sweet. But, it was still good. When I lost 40lbs, all I did was cut back on what I was already eating. When I went on Atkins I lost 30lbs...I just wonder if every "diet" works. It's just a matter of what will work for you for the rest of your life. I can give up sliced bread, potatoes, and chips....but I don't think I can give up icecream! I think I can eat things in moderation better than I can giving them up entirely.