Attention Chocoholics!

Options

Replies

• elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can also add unsweetened cocoa to a lot of things! It's 10 calories/tablespoon.
  • tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow choclate ice cream bar 100 cal per bar. well worth it.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Just tried Kemps Dipped Frozen Yogurt Bars - Triple Chocolate. One bar = 110 cal, really like it, tastes a bit more like dark chocolate
  • momjeannes
    Options
    Bliss in a cup I call it...one packet of instant hot cocoa and 1/2 tsp of peanut butter...yum, chocolate with a hint of peanut butter and all for only 41 calories!! Cures my sweet cravings instantly! =)

oh that sounds heavenly! Thanks for posting!
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Anything at all from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ is incredible! I mean seriously, how could you not like this?

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse

(Serves 2-4)

1/2 package Mori-Nu silken-firm tofu (or 6 oz silken tofu)
    1/2 tsp cocoa powder
    3/4 c chocolate chips, or 1 and 1/4 chocolate bars in the flavor of your choice (3-oz bars) (or you can use my sugar-free chocolate chip recipe)
    1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1 T milk of choice (I used almond milk)
    1/16 tsp salt
    1-2 T agave or other sweetener (I omitted)
    Melt the chocolate, either on the stove or in the microwave. Then throw everything into a Magic Bullet or food processor and blend until super-smooth. (I used a Magic Bullet. If your food processor is really big, or if you’re using a blender, it might be a good idea to double the recipe in order for the contents to blend.)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    For my chocolate Fix:::

60 cal Jello Pudding things
    Yoplait Light Boston Cream Pie (I swear when I eat it, I can taste chocolate!)
    Kellog's Special K Protein Shakes (there is Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate)
    100 Cal Cookie Snack things
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream (very, very seldom because I'm lactose intolerant)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i make a disgusting looking but satisfying low carb chocolate dessert with mashing ripe avocado, some nonfat dry milk powder( it gets really creamy when mixed with a little water) and dark cocoa powder...with sugar or splenda

SO GOOOD!!!!!!! and you can vary the amount of cocoa you put in it..if you want a dark chocolate pudding thats really filling....or you can melt a square of unsweetened baker's chocolate and mix that in too...

either way...healthy!!!
  • iambuttercup
    iambuttercup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just a dab of nutella on a small cracker with a slice of banana is bliss
  • Rhami1
    Options
    Bliss in a cup I call it...one packet of instant hot cocoa and 1/2 tsp of peanut butter...yum, chocolate with a hint of peanut butter and all for only 41 calories!! Cures my sweet cravings instantly! =)

This I must try! It might solve my peanut butter craving too!
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I went to Chocolate Covered Katie for the first time yesterday and was seriously overwhelmed! I made the single serving chocolate cake and it REALLY hit the spot!

I keep dark chocolate in the house, but sometimes I get cravings for other kinds of chocolate.
    This morning I made this:
    http://dashingdish.com/recipe/skinny-starbucks-frappuccino/
    with cocoa added and it was pretty good! Almost as good as a mocha ;)
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    dark cocoa powder with greek yogurt. or chocolate whey protein with greek yogurt or chocolate whey shake! i also like dark chocolate chips. i get them as dark as possible, like 60 percent and up. i actually just bought a bar of 100 percent dark chocolate! can't wait to try it. i find that having chocolate that's super rich helps me keep my portions down a lot! make sure to savor it and factor it into your day and you'll be fine. :)

ooh and i forgot to mention blue diamond's cocoa almonds. i really like the mint cocoa ones. something about the mint flavor curbs my appetite too.
  • tisane42
    tisane42 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat small pieces of low-sugar chocolate. I have a sensitivity to artificial sweeteners. Today I had 1/4 of a Trader Joe's 76% cacao bar, which is only 70 calories.
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other side of the world (NZ) and I don't recognise a lot of the brands mentioned, however we do have chocolate (of course we do lol) and it is beautiful and creamy. I was sooo proud of myself a couple of months ago, a block of my favourite chocolate lasted me 5 days I think it was! This is virtually unheard of - would normally be closer to 5 hours LOL! I broke the block into pieces of 4 squares and put them in a container. I would allow myself one section of 4 squares every day. It kept my sweet tooth at bay and I had no real cravings. If my calories were looking ok I would occasionally have another, but that was the special treat and not every day. The separate container was the key and I kept it in the kitchen cupboard rather than beside my chair, so laziness would kick in - if I wanted more I would have to get up again and get it LOL.

For any of you who experience depression, 4 squares of the darkest chocolate (70% upwards) is very good for your mental health. Probably should start doing this one again LOL plus it's a good excuse! :-)

And my last wee bit - Dr Oz said recently on his show that diet drinks, diet food etc with artificial sweeteners do not satisfy the sweet tooth. In fact they all slide down the gullet without the sweet tooth even flinching LOL. The best thing to do to avoid a blow out on something sweet coz you are desperate is to have something with sugar in it occasionally throughout the day. That's why I think the 4 squares of chocolate every day works.

GOOD LUCK FELLOW CHOCOHOLICS!! There are some real nice recipes in this blog. Well done! :wink:
  • kimberlyaspen
    Options
    I love instant pudding! I make that all the time, & it's so good! Pudding is a great chocolate fix.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    Oooh, do try the 90 calorie brownies by Fiber One. They're actually quite tasty. My favorite is the chocolate peanut butter one, but the chocolate fudge is also good.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    I hear you. Chocolate cravings is something I just have trouble with.....a lot. I make protein shakes with chocolate whey protein in it or I'll get them after a workout. Sometimes I eat nutella in the morning on toast to help with the craving. Good Luck Girl. Know you're not alone!!
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone so so so much! You've all given some wonderful ideas that I can't wait to try!

PS. If anyone would like to be friends with a fellow addict, please add me! I'm always looking for new friends to add to my support group :p The bigger your network, the higher your success! :)
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Slimfast yummy or Gensoy:drinker:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Thought I should mention Diana's Bananas Banana Babies. They're in the freezer section near ice cream and popsicles. Kinda pricey, and could probably make your own for less, but I love them and don't want to go to the trouble to make my own. Each one is a frozen half banana dipped in chocolate like an ice cream bar. 130 calories, and delicious.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I go and buy one piece of Lindt Dark Chocolate truffle (the individual ones in blue and clear wrappers) and it's amazed me how sucking on it slowly and really enjoying the quality and flavor of it has been working. I only buy one at a time when I'm closing in on that 'insanity' line when the craving is bad..pms or whatever.

So far so good, I did look at picking up a bag of them the other day but decided against it. Buying one at a time and savoring it seems to work well and be much safer!