What do you do for FUN?

Options
Besides fitness and health and related things, what do you do for fun?
What unkinks the frazzled thoughts in your head and leaves you calm and collected?
An activity, a hobby, a passion?

Myself, I make glass beads (called lampworking).
Have a torch and kiln, and the pretty things that come out of it make me happy.

Replies

• USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Camping in our motorhome and boating are fun things we do. Training our Standard Poodles makes time fly.
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Watch tv, read a good book, organize and clean a closet. (Probably in that order!!)
  • ellyloo
    Options
    Oo. will you come over to my place? I have my craft desk that needs organizing!
  • ellyloo
    Options
    Camping in our motorhome and boating are fun things we do. Training our Standard Poodles makes time fly.

I LOVE standard poodles!!
    They're probably smart as a whip!
  • bigbyrdie
    bigbyrdie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go riding.
  • TBirdReets
    Options
    Curl up on the couch with lots of pillows and blankets and watch cheesy movies.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I watch football, cook, make fantastic custom cakes, go camping, hang out at the lake, interior design and art projects, read, go to church, sing in my car, go dancing, play pool, ride bikes with my family, have a pecan beer on the De LaVegas fire pit patio, and hang out with my best friend Nichole..she is awesome. Oh, and I like to write A LOT!
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Watch horror movies - I'm addicted to them, I'll even watch the crappy ones, play on my computer - I love games from Big Fish, read on my Kindle - not very often since I am far too busy but when I do, I enjoy reading erotica, play / snuggle with my kitty - she is most likely the best thing that has ever been mine, I truly didn't know unconditional love until her. :heart: That's about it, other than watching tv.
  • ellyloo
    Options
    I go riding.

Sweet!!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    motorcycling
    woodworking
    photography
    racquetball

I would like to learn how to weld and play guitar.
  • canoe_dude
    canoe_dude Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Canoeing, kayaking, geocaching,
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I watch football, cook, make fantastic custom cakes, go camping, hang out at the lake, interior design and art projects, read, go to church, sing in my car, go dancing, play pool, ride bikes with my family, have a pecan beer on the De LaVegas fire pit patio, and hang out with my best friend Nichole..she is awesome.

Just saw that you are from Las Cruces. I'm originally from El Paso. Neighbors :smile:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Playing games on my computer and Nintendo DS, reading books, writing and blogging, watching tv, movies, and YouTube videos.
  • ellyloo
    Options
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot that I love taking pictures too. Preferably fuzzy or furry things. :)
  • CentralCaliCycling
    Options
    BBQ for my kids (doing that now), Netflix, read and bike racing (if it is competition it is not fitness, right?)
  • RDawn7
    Options
    I am a great fan of Dean Koontz and read and reread his novels. I mediate and pray at least 3 times a day. I do my karate workout when I can. I enjoy walks on the beach, mountain climbing and walking my dog. I also like to rescue animals and put them up for adoption.
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Read and take pictures. :D
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    keeping my 3 girls busy... but I like to read... and watch movies....... and I do a little Crocheting... keeps my hands busy...
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I read books. I am reading the Earth's Children series (Clan of the cave Bear) for the millionth time and for some reason, it never gets old. It's my special thing that I do all by myself. My other is snuggle my daughter or husband or both at the same time. I'm a sucker for a good snuggle. I pronounce it with a soft g--snuj-le. THAT'S how much I love it.
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Golf, Golf and Golf...watch football and read some