Replies

• sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thanks for the topic and bump for all the great ideas you got.:drinker:
  • rakenning
    rakenning Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Take the seed out and eat it with a spoon. Delicious!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Step 1) Cut avocado in half.
    Step 2) Remove pit.
    Step 3) Season with Salt and Pepper.
    Step 4) Acquire spoon.
    Step 5) Eat.
  • gissalm
    Options
    I've never eaten an avocado in my life and I recently bought one. So I was wondering what would be the best and yummiest ways to try it out?

you have been missing out all of this time: just cut it in half, remove the pit and you are in business, here some ideas: in guacamole (mashed avocado, diced onion white or red, lime, salt, tomato and jalapeños) just with salt and a fork, on salads (lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumbers and sliced avocado, then dress with lime and salt) with grilled chicken just sliced it and have it, with a tuna salad (canned tuna, mini peppers, pepper and salt in a pan with olive oil mixed, then, serve it on lettuce leaf sliced avocado on top yum!) on sandwiches, wraps, pretty much it goes with everything its so good in taste and for your health.
    I love them :love: and they always add the extra flavor i need in my food :happy:
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half, remove the pit, lightly salt it, eat with spoon or fork.

Seriously legit just like that.

I used to be scared of them but now I absolutely love them.

This is the best!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    with a spoon, right out of its 'natural bowl' d e l i s h!!
  • DocZoe
    Options
    Cut the avocado in half, scoop out the seed, and fill the hollow with balsamic drizzle. Eat with a spoon :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I just made an avocado salad dressing today with 1 avocado, 4 T. of lemon juice, some garlic and other spices, and maybe 1/2 c. nonfat milk to thin it out a bit. It was pretty good! If you google "avocado dressing" you should find several recipes to choose from.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Plain = deliciousness or just about on everything else.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i eat mine with a just a bit of soy sauce (low sodium of course).
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for sharing.
  • LMPMOM4
    Options
    Cut in half, remove pit, fill with salmon roe, devour.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I like eating them sliced, drizzled with the tiniest bit of balsamic vinagrette :)
  • slleader
    slleader Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    All of the above! Love it cut up and mixed into my scrambled egg whites and veggies, and mixed in with tuna to replace half or more of the mayo, and guacamole is the best! But as a snack, I like cubing half an avocado, with a few drops of lemon juice and a tiny bit of salt. With avocado you have to be careful. It's really good for you and has lots of nutrients, but it's got a high calorie and fat count. While it is better than fat and calories in many other forms, you just have to make sure you account for them in your daily allowance. Good luck!!
  • franmetamorphisis
    Options
    I'm absolutely crazy about Avocado. Plain or lightly salted. In place of Mayo in sandwhiches, with eggs, spreaded on toast. I was raised up with Avocado, mmm..
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love it as a topping for pasta! Cook up a batch of whole wheat pasta. While its on the stove, prep the sauce:

In a food processor, add:
    -1 avocado
    -1 cup spinach
    -1/4 cup basil
    -Juice and zest from one lime
    -2 Tbs olive oil
    -1 clove garlic
    -1 tsp salt
    Blend, and voila! Heaven
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I like eating them sliced, drizzled with the tiniest bit of balsamic vinagrette :)

This!

And will also use in place of mozerella in caprese salads if I'm out of cheese.
  • owndbycatz
    owndbycatz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I lived for over 30 years in the land of Avocados (Sta Barbara County). As has been mentioned, it's often difficult to find ripe avocados in the store. If unripe, place in brown paper bag in a cupboard away from light. Check frequently (at least once a day) as it will ripen quickly.

Avocados are one of my favorite foods.