30 pounds down...a different type of photo!

Options
2»

Replies

• 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    bump
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    if you don't need the cookie dough i'll take it
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    Congratulations! and BTW I LOVE this idea!
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    if you don't need the cookie dough i'll take it

Funny! Amazingly enough, that cookie dough has been in the fridge for over two months. We got it for my son, who loves cookie dough. I tell you what. That thing NEVER would have lasted that long just a few months ago!
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Amazing job and very great idea to make the weight you have lost look real to you!!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love this! I'm down a bag of dog food (40 pounds + 5 more)--and my big boys eat that ever 3 weeks, so I lift a big bag into the shopping cart that often.

Great reminder to think of something tangible. No wonder I was always tired and never wanted to do anything lugging all that extra around.
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    Wow... When I think of it that way, I've lost the equivalent of my 6 year old grandson......
  • JigglyPuff2011
    JigglyPuff2011 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT.. WHAT A GREAT VISUAL THANKS FOR THE POST!!! CONGRATS TOO YOU!!
  • crrobin
    crrobin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the perspective!! Feeling more accomplished right about now:)
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love this! Great motivation idea!
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. My husband and I were just saying to each other that we would look at what we had lost in blocks of butter or lard next time we went to the supermarket, just by eyeballing the shelf, but this is better!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Great idea.
  • hunneric
    hunneric Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You beat me to it. I am just half a pound away from having lost the weight of a shot (as in shot put). Since I used to do that event, it has seemed like a particularly tangible amount of weight.

But the bowling ball... that's even better.
  • thale829
    Options
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f123/ckwierant/P1110597_zps820771fa.jpg

To mark my 30-pound loss, I gathered up items that totalled 30 pounds to take a picture to post on my fridge. Those items included a 1-pound carton of strawberries, 1 pound of butter sticks, a 3-pound container of cottage cheese, a 3-pound container of shortening, a 5-pound bucket of cookie dough, a 5-pound bag of flour and finally, my 12-pound bowling ball. The picture was AMAZING to me. What REALLY got me was when I stuffed all those things into one (very sturdy) shopping bag and tried to carry it around! WOW! 30 didn't seem like much until I did those two things! I'm very proud of myself and I'm very excited to keep on going!

If someone can fix the picture, that would be helpful. I followed the tutorial (I thought I did anyhow)!

Did you know that 30 pounds is the average amount of cheese that an American eats in a year? =) Blows your mind, right?
  • Karenzky
    Karenzky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i use two backpacks, inside are books and notebooks weighing 18 lbs each bag, then carried it on my shoulder, then i try jumping jacks, and i understand why i"m out of breath with just 5 jumping jacks before :D
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That has got to be the coolest idea have ever seen! Congratulations on your loss too :D
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss! Seeing the weight in visual terms is great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!