diet without exercise

Options
zd04
zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
I've goal of maintaining 1200calories per day. Actually usually I don't eat more than 1200 calories but the thing is I have no time to do workout or any kind of exercises :cry:
So I am very much confused that can i lose weight and achieve my target?:sad:
Is it possible to lose weight without exercise and by following strict diet?

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    You have to find time. 10 mins of cardio? 30 mins of walking? 20 mins of strength? Even just doing something while doing something else is exercise, it's more than doing nothing. Otherwise you will lose muscle 1st. Not a great idea :)
  • misswager
    misswager Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to stay physically healthy exercise is key.

Can you not get up extra early to go for a run or to the gym? I know people lead busy lives, but really you should make time
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You can eat at a caloric deficit of your BMR or TDEE. I'm not exercising, I work in front of a computer for over 8 hours, and I've been able to lose weight eating at a caloric deficit.
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose weight without exercise - the only thing is that you won't be as toned or look and fit when you do lose the weight :-)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've goal of maintaining 1200calories per day. Actually usually I don't eat more than 1200 calories but the thing is I have no time to do workout or any kind of exercises :cry:

I think it is possible to lose weight without going to the gym/doing a workout, but you still have to be active, for example going for walks. I lost weight years ago without being a member of a gym, but I walked or cycled everywhere.

At my thinnest I went to the gym a lot but just did cardio, and now I am not far off that size (10 years and 2 children later) but I am much more toned because I do weights/strength training as well as cardio.

So, yes, you can lose weight through eating less, but to tone up, and lose faster, you need exercise too.

Can I ask why you don't have time to exercise?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose weight without exercise - the only thing is that you won't be as toned or look and fit when you do lose the weight :-)

This, plus you won't be as healthy.
    I am at school 40 hours a week, plus at work for 20. I work out 6 days a week. You make the time.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yes you can lose weight without exercise but it won't come off as quick and you may have trouble maintaining it. I know you say you have no time to exercise...what I do at times is take 5 or 10 minutes and do something...I do squats, run in place, push ups, leg raises even jumping jacks. Then later on I'll do 5 or 10 more minutes, I just keep track of what I do and log it later. Try to do something..anything. Good luck
  • zd04
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind support......and i'l definitely try to take out some time for some exercises....

Actually I get up at 6 after completing routin, i've to catch bus for college then till 4 i used to be at college and than i've to loads of submission work of college....sometimes i even don't get time to sleep properly.....:cry:
    and i used to work in front of computer or sometime model making and some other stuff....
  • madlibscholar
    madlibscholar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kind of agree with the making time: I am a full time PhD student, I work as a part time librarian and I am doing some university teaching. I also have two young children and a husband...it's not easy to find time, but it is possible!!

Sometimes, I have to split my exercise...10-20 mins in the am, 10-20 mins in the pm. There is research to suggest that this can be just as effective as doing it all at once.

Give it a go...you'll feel so much better for it!!
  • DibsL
    DibsL Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great point well made! I work four days a week (travelling over an hour there and hour back) and have two kids. I had to make time its about wanting to get active and just doing it, its hard at first if you have a very busy life but find something you enjoy and you will fit it in somehow, if you find exercising a drag then get a friend to go with you that often helps too :smile
    Kind of agree with the making time: I am a full time PhD student, I work as a part time librarian and I am doing some university teaching. I also have two young children and a husband...it's not easy to find time, but it is possible!!

Sometimes, I have to split my exercise...10-20 mins in the am, 10-20 mins in the pm. There is research to suggest that this can be just as effective as doing it all at once.

Give it a go...you'll feel so much better for it!!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind support......and i'l definitely try to take out some time for some exercises....

Actually I get up at 6 after completing routin, i've to catch bus for college then till 4 i used to be at college and than i've to loads of submission work of college....sometimes i even don't get time to sleep properly.....:cry:
    and i used to work in front of computer or sometime model making and some other stuff....

You say you're at your computer alot? Then stand for part of it. Take a 5 minute break and walk around the house. Find a short workout video and do it. Youtube is great for that last one. Sparkpeople.com has alot of great videoes on there. They have a philosophy of 10 minutes a day, every day, and have videoes to support and help with that. There's also plenty of other programs that have free, full length workout videoes online. Most of them are on Youtube. Netflix used to have a great selection on streaming, but they discontinued them. It makes me sad.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose weight without exercise and by following strict diet?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    but the thing is I have no time to do workout or any kind of exercises :cry:

no offense but if you have time to post here then you have time to exercise. you could have done a bunch of jumping jacks and believe me, that is more than nothing and once you start, you feel better and do more.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have 2 young children (3 and 16 months) and I work part time as a secondary school teacher, so as well as going to work I have to do planning, creating resources, marking etc in my own time, plus I have to do housework, shopping, cook healthy meals for all of us etc. I still find time to get to the gym. If it's important to you you make time.

Get up half hour earlier and do some squats/lunges etc, or go for a walk/jog. Take 20 mins/half hour in the evening and do something. It'll all add up.
  • zd04
    Options
    yeah...:smile:
    you all are totally right i can make out time for such exercises and thank you so much for motivating me...:happy:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    but the thing is I have no time to do workout or any kind of exercises :cry:

no offense but if you have time to post here then you have time to exercise. you could have done a bunch of jumping jacks and believe me, that is more than nothing and once you start, you feel better and do more.

I think we're all busy, just differing ways or times. A poster here made a statement a while back that resonated with me and probably many others to...."HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT". Once you figure that out you'll have the answer AND the time you need..then, JUST DONT STOP. Id bet if it were anything else you REALLY wanted or loved to do, you'd find the time. THIS is no different.

Well, actually it IS different, you're life could hinge on this....it's never too late to start eating right, exercising and losing weight. The thing is, once you get started and notice how good or different you'll feel, you'll miraculously have extra time.

STAND STRONG.......you CAN do this
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I can sympathise with you. My uni days were similar:
    Leave home at 6:30AM to get to classes by 9AM.
    9AM - 5/6PM every day in class (with a few breaks here and there).
    Get home around 8PM and try to finish tutorial problems, assignments etc.

Luckily for me, our campus was pretty hilly. And ten minutes between classes meant we had to run with heavy text books ... great cardio.

You could try walking in your breaks (even just half an hour during lunch) or doing a few core exercises in class! Leg lifts while you're in your chair will actually help you burn calories.

If you're on public transport, try standing to stabilise your core.

If you're watching TV, exercise during ad breaks.

Little things like that will make a big difference over time :)
  • DeathKitty23
    DeathKitty23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    you can definatly loose weight through diet alone however not only will it take a little longer when you so loose weight you wont be as toned and fit looking
    Also depending on your weight it might increase you risk of loose skin
    YOu don;t need to do a lot of exercise to make a difference even a couple of bodyweight circuits would benefit you
    Do some online research for quick circuit routine (jamie eason has a really good one posted on bodybuilding .com that she does whilst traveling)
    xxx