will you continue to use mfp in maintainence?

Options
how to you develop a game plan to not go backwards again?

Replies

• wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i am transitioning into maintenance right now ... feel free to friend me (anyone in maintenance/going into maintenance). for me, i am gradually increasing my calories by 100 a day every week. i will continue tracking to monitor my weight, and how i am feeling. when i get to a calorie intake where i am able to maintain my weight and feel good, i will most likely continue tracking for several weeks until i feel like its "habit". i think taking the transition gradually is going to be the best way for me to keep my weight constant long term.
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining since early May. With MFP and a Fitbit it is easy. It has become second nature to me so I am unsure about ever discontinuing logging. Why spoil something that is working so well
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I suggest that people do. Anything that can help keep you accountable and aware of how many calories you eat is a useful self-monitoring app. I've used it for cutting, maintaining and now bulking; however, I estimate my energy expenditure needs for each phase and do not let MFP do it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining all of 2012, I don't want to ever stop logging!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to stop using it, maintaining since July :)
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    me to im on here for the long haul.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'm actually in suplus right now on a bulk and logging. If I don't log, I don't have a plan or follow one and I overeat. I don't mind skipping a day everyn once in a while if I'm busy or whatever but I like knowing what I'm doing and where I stand relative to my plan whether bulking, maintaining or cutting fat.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I definitely plan on using MFP for maintenance (just reached goal about 3 weeks ago) just as I did when I was losing. I've been yo-yoing all my life - this time is different!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining since April using MFP. I don't log every day but I do most days. I actually went into a surplus for a while now I'm back on a 100 calorie deficit.
  • OwenEvan
    OwenEvan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have shifted my focus off of weight loss and onto training for various things. MFP has been great during this transition because I can still know how I am doing on protein intake, sodium, etc. I dont do well staying in one place (maintainence) so I have to focus on some goal.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I plan to use MFP for maintenance. I have 13 pounds to go and then I will figure out how much I can eat to maintain my weight loss
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Been on maintenance since May and still on regularly, but don't log quite as strictly as I did while losing. Helps me keep my calories in the right ballpark.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yes, will be moving on to that soon and I'm going to keep logging every day.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I will continue, because last time I lost this weight, logged off and gained it back. I have more respect for the maintenance phase now.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    how to you develop a game plan to not go backwards again?

I've been using it since January for this very purpose. It's a tricky line to walk. It was far easier when I could simply eat less. Now that I'm maintaining less then 12% body fat I can't eat too little, and I can't eat to much. I really floundered when I hit this point last year and I find I need this tool to help me maintain.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for a little over a year and I have found that I have to keep logging or I completely fall back into old habits of binging. I guess I'll be logging for the rest of my life.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I discovered MFP when I started maintenance. In my humble opinion, losing is easier than maintenance. Its a constant yo-yo. I use MFP faithfully, daily. I think logging is the one thing that works for me. Seeing your food intake in black and white in front of you, helps to keep me accountable to maintain that happy balance.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Most likely to track exercise and fitness. Better goals.
  • Chigger56
    Options
    DEFINATELY!!! I plan on using MFP in maintanance. I am NOT gaining this weight back. MFP works so why spoil a good thing.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I have been on maintenance since May. I lost weight about 5 years ago and decided when I hit my goal I no longer needed to log food, exercise and weight. You can guess what happened. I'm prepared to do this for the rest of my life. It was just too painful to wake up one day and realize that the weight I worked so hard and long to lose was back. Never again.