anyone losing weight with Leslie Sansone?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm just starting working out this week. Initially my plan was doing leslie sansone's dvd 2-3 times a week and turbo jam every other day. The thing is, after a week of trial, I dont feel fit enough to do turbo jam. turbo jam's moves is too confusing me. However I really enjoy leslie sansone's. I also sweat alot working out w/ leslie's dvd.

I want to do leslie sansone for at least 2-3 months until am fit enough (maybe losing 15-20lbs) to try other videos.

my question: can you losing weight with leslie sansone's dvd? currently i'm 203 lbs and 5'5, my average cal intake 1500-2000.

thank you.

Replies

• Schackne
    Options
    l love Leslie Sansone and if you keep with it everyday, you lose weight and build muscle...in the right places!!!:happy:
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    ^^^

thank you!

anyone? i've searching around google and it seems leslie's dvd dont get good reviews regarding losing weight.
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've lost 19 lbs since June 29th and most of my workouts have been Leslie Sansone. I usually do 2-4 "miles" to get a good, sweaty workout. My favorite one is the DVD (the newest, I think) where you can select which workouts you want to play back to back. They're color-coded workouts. Blue is the best. :)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    any movement is good movement and will get you to lose weight. I lost weight in the beginning by just going for 2 walks a day for half an hour with my dog. If I can lose weight walking my dog you can certainly lose weight with a higher intensity walking DVD for the same amount of time or longer. I just did her advanced walking video this morning and have to say I get a much better work out doing that than just walking my dog. I go to youtube and bring up the video's on my internet ready TV. If you don't have an internet ready TV then bring up the video's on your computer and try them out first. I don't buy work out video's anymore. I play them online from youtube. I have loads of old VHS work out videos I haven't looked at in years so not about to start a blue ray or dvd collection of work out videos too.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    Yep. I've lost 19 lbs since June 29th and most of my workouts have been Leslie Sansone. I usually do 2-4 "miles" to get a good, sweaty workout. My favorite one is the DVD (the newest, I think) where you can select which workouts you want to play back to back. They're color-coded workouts. Blue is the best. :)

19 lbs in 2 months, that's awesome!

do you do leslie's workout everyday?
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My first 20lbs were lost with Leslie. In AZ it's so hot even at night, so I did Walk Away the Pounds indoors. They work and it helped me build my stamina. A lot of people discount walking but I went from a high of 170lbs to 145lbs doing nothing but counting calories and moderate walking. Once I was in better shape I added other workouts but I will always love Leslie, she got me off my butt lol
  • Mariea521
    Options
    l love Leslie Sansone and if you keep with it everyday, you lose weight and build muscle...in the right places!!!:happy:
    I agree with this post she has a few different ones some with the belt/ and a band which has strength training in her walks. I don't have the one with the walk away belt I do have the one with the band. I have a bunch of her's my favorite ones are with the boost walking. 3K with a twist gives me a great work out. I get hit all over, plus the 5 fat burning miles goes by so fast I use it a lot.. I started using her videos in June but I started trying to get fit in April little results but when I started to use her videos I started to see weight loss with a sensible diet they work. I love her I have no excuse to not work out , it gets the job done
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options

I also lurking around on youtube for exercise video.
    for strenght training i get from fitness blender. they have great videos.
  • Heartmyjrt
    Heartmyjrt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My mother lost 80 pounds doing WW and Leslie Sansone. She LOVES Leslie Sansone. She gets really happy while she does the workouts and starts getting a little nutty... Talking to LS and saying good-bye to her at the end. It's funny but it really shows how much she enjoys it!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My first 20 pounds were all LS. My fav is her Ultimate 5 day walk DVD. That 5 mile walk is a sweet fasted pace burn!
  • Alioops831
    Options

Almost 3 months, actually. :)

I do SOMETHING everyday. I was doing Leslie DVDs at least 5 days a week and taking a regular walk or using my dumbells the other days. Now I've started ChaLean Extreme again. I do that 5 days a week and Leslie the other two days. Actually somedays with the ChaLean workout, I feel like I can do more so I'll put in a Leslie workout too.
  • Alioops831
    Options
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    Hi all! My first 20 pounds were all LS. My fav is her Ultimate 5 day walk DVD. That 5 mile walk is a sweet fasted pace burn!

that 5 mile is also my favorite. how did it take to lose your first 20 pounds? I hope i can achieve it in 3 months.
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    ^^^

thanks, gonna check it on amazon.

Almost 3 months, actually. :)

I do SOMETHING everyday. I was doing Leslie DVDs at least 5 days a week and taking a regular walk or using my dumbells the other days. Now I've started ChaLean Extreme again. I do that 5 days a week and Leslie the other two days. Actually somedays with the ChaLean workout, I feel like I can do more so I'll put in a Leslie workout too.

that's my plan too. leslie 5 days a week, 3 miles in strenght training days and 4-5 miles in cardio days. youtube provides so many greats strength training workout.

am not able yet to do anything as hard as chalean extreme. maybe in 4-6 months after my body get used to working out.
  • crd314
    crd314 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! I've been doing her videos for about 10 years off and on. I know if I do her videos consistently, I will lose weight and tighten up, especially my sides. My favourite is the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles. I use a HRM to track my burn, and I usually burn 80-100 calories per mile. Definitely helps with weight loss! If I'm trying to lose, I will do 4-5 miles three times a week, and 2-3 miles + strength training three days a week. Maintaining, I can do about 3 miles each day with some strength training thrown in.
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I have been doing Leslie Sansone for the last month and I burn MORE calories doing her videos vs. The 30 day shred.

The video you are referring to is the Ultimate 5 day Walk Plan.

I am planning on doing her video 3x/wk and the shred or biggest loser 2x/week to mix things up.

good luck!!!

I hope I start to lose weight too been stuck for a couple of weeks. Not sure if I wanna up my cals to 1800 or drop to 1600.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I definitely credit Leslie Sansone dvd's for my first 30lbs.! It sure wasn't my "clean eating" lol. I would do a video at least 5 times a week. I have now added a treadmill and stationary bike to my workouts but I still do Leslie's dvd's at least twice a week. =)
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I just did 3 miles from Leslie's 5-Day Slim down DVD. I like this one too! I did the leg mile, the tummy mile and the speed mile. LOVED the speed mile.
  • jwellerman
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's videos. I am 10 weeks into a wellness program and her videos have been my primary exercise choice. I've lost 23 pounds. When I started 10 weeks ago, I really couldn't make a mile, but now I can easily manage 2 miles. Although I've changed my eating habits, I would not have experience the amount of weight loss without her videos. So, I highly recommend her walking program.