Mini Successes...Whats yours?

Options
Well around 6 weeks ago my jeans were VERY tight. I was unable to have my wallet or my phone in my pocket, and I was on the last belt buckle.

Now I have gone up by one belt buckle! And I can have my wallet in my back pocket, while having my phone and car keys in my front! - Which is a great feeling!

Having the ability to place a wallet in your back pocket is only a small thing, but a great victory in the war against fat. It shows me what i'm doing is working and gives me the motivation to carry on.

I noticed as well that I feel more comfortable going out in just a T-shirt, before I HAD to have a jacket to cover up with.

Anyway, do you guys have any little things that you noticed while on the way to your goal?

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Just bought two new suits today.
    Size 40 jackets
    Size 32 pants

I use to be a 50 jacket and 44 pants.
  • Gamergirl9
    Options
    I can wear my rings again. But sadly because I couldn't for so long i forget them half the time now. But it still feels great to be able to wear them again.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    able to tap the basketball board again, last time i able to do this is when i was in my mid 20's. i'm happy to be able to do this again now that i'm 40
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Lost a stone/14lbs im a 1/4 of the way towards my goal weight

Small enough acheivement but it feels massive to me
    Only 3stone left to go
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My jeans aren´t uncomfortable tight anymore, they are an okay fit now. So I know I am on a good way!
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone will relate to this, but here goes...

Years ago (I've been a big girl since losing my thyroid 19 years ago, but never as big as I was before starting here this year), I would have been a size 16 I guess, always felt absolutely humungous! But people would always say to me 'you're not big!'. I never believed them.

Then I got bigger. And people stopped saying it. It's been a few years since anyone said to me 'you're not big!' or even 'you're not THAT big!'. I was very aware of this. I knew that I had somehow reached that size where people couldn't in all honesty, prop me up any more.

Recently, people have been saying it again. I nearly cried the first time I heard it.

Yes I am still big. Back to a size 16 (Aussie sizes). Yes I have a long way to go yet. But at least I feel I've now come a long way. I finally feel that there has been a noticeable change.
  • Dzambhala
    Dzambhala Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love hearing of everyone's 'victories'. Great work!
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to button up a blouse that I had never been able to button up...AND I HAD ROOM TO SPARE :) Also I had a co-worked do a double take and stop me and tell me I was looking good these days and to keep up doing whatever I am do...she made my day!
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Today I bought a size 16 pair of jeans! I haven't worn a size 16 in probably 20 years!
  • shannonmacquarrie
    Options
    Trying on clothes that I thought were way too small... and finding them loose!
  • tiffanympm
    Options
    I have a nice handbag that I wanted so bad. The reason why I didn't buy it for over a year was because of the strap drop and how it fits on my arm. I debated and finally purchased it.

After 20lbs down I do not struggle pulling it up at all. I glides like WHOA.
  • S108HAN
    S108HAN Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Trying on clothes that I thought were way too small... and finding them loose!
    I love that, although I did 'miss the window' on items of clothing I'd been saving.
  • Dzambhala
    Dzambhala Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just tried on some Jumpers (getting ready for winter) and last years fit again! - Saves me wasting money on more of them this year!
  • lmunro5394
    lmunro5394 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The ability to run 3.2 miles! I've been attempting to get back into running again over the past few weeks. Decided on Friday that it was time to really push myself. Ran, and yes I use the word run loosely, because my pace is slow, the entire distance, not stopping and definitely not winded whatsoever. I thought maybe it was a fluke so I went back out yesterday and ran 3.3!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    - I had to buy two new wedding rings over the past year. Went from a size 11.5 to a 9

- My size 34 slim straight jeans are big enough in the waist to tuck a shirt in without straining the button (started at 44 relaxed)

- I have been buying medium shirts for the past month. In Jan I was in XXL.

- I brought down my winter clothes from the attic last night and they're all huge; I can fit myself & my wife together in them.

Congrats to everyone's victories :)
  • changeahead22
    Options
    -my engagement ring that didn't fit last year , had to be resized two sizes smaller and it's getting loose again!
    -I"m in a size 10 pants, haven't worn this size for 8 years. (When I started in July 2011 I was wearing a size 22)
    -I do crossfit three times a week. Last year my only exercise was walking to the fridge and back to the couch.
    -It's the first time in my life that I have been proud of something I have done for me. I'm down 67 pounds and still losing.
    -when I was gaining people would ask "Did you lose weight?" I know they asked because i looked different and it's rude to ask "hey, did you gain weight?" but now I'm greeted with "you lost so much weight! you look great"
    Great job everyone, keep it up!
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I can walk down three flights of stairs, walk across our large campus, walk about three flights of stairs, and arrive at class without being all sweaty and short of breath.
  • Rogus1
    Rogus1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The waist band of my running shorts stopped flipping over!
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Last night... My hubby who does a lot of physical activity via his job couldnt lift much more than me at the gym, I was lifting 20kg and he was lifting 25kg and he wasnt finding it easy either
    Today hes as stiff as a board... Yet im fine.
    Just a little victory especially after he took the p*ss out of me for only lifting 20kg (the weight of the bar itself on its own)
    Last time I was at the gym... He ate his words when he tried it
  • Lityboy
    Options
    12 kg in 90 days (90kg to 78 kg)! My clothes were getting too tight. Always tired. Ate poorly and barely ran over 25 minutes (3-4km) without puffing and feeling exhausted.

Sunday will be "half marathon time"!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!