Job Offer

Options
Hey All! I need some advice, I started a job as a call center rep with a large company a few weeks ago. I just got offered my dream career path and more money, and I have to start in two weeks. How would you go about quitting?

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I guess a resignation letter would be the best way to go. Google for a template and just tweak it....
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Its lucky that you have two weeks, just give your two weeks notice and be honest with them. Tell them you were offered another job that fits your career path, they should understand. As long as you let them know so they can prepare to hire someone else you should be able to leave without any bad blood. Congrats and Good Luck!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Talk to them in person and see if they need you to give 2 weeks or not. Are you still training or working on your own? Don't burn your bridge even if it was a short one.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Tell them in person. I got a similar offer a few years ago....but I was only able to give them a day notice. Needless to say they weren't happy, but I had only been there 2 days! good luck!
  • winesar21
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice! It's a large company so I wasn't sure who to talk to and there are like 15 other people in my position. I am going to just talk to the recruiter who hired me and see.