Tracking food intake - juicing

Options
So, I am a person who will benefit greatly from the tracking of everything I eat and my activity. My weight loss is ALWAYS better if I jump on a scale daily. Well, for the juicing nutrition....

- some nutrients are lost in the pulp left behind
- when I search the database (perhaps my search skills are weaksauce) for one thing juiced, I seem to find it invariably mixed with other stuff

Any suggestions on accruate tracking of juiced foods? I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to read this, even if you are unable to help.

Replies

• aspen_matthews
    Options
    I would track the calories of the whole food you juiced (for example, if you juiced a carrot, track it as a whole carrot) minus the fiber, since that is mostly what you're losing when you juice. I think that's a close as you're gonna get.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would just log it as water...or not. Go with the whole foods you put in it.
  • glennhaggard
    glennhaggard Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would track the calories of the whole food you juiced (for example, if you juiced a carrot, track it as a whole carrot) minus the fiber, since that is mostly what you're losing when you juice. I think that's a close as you're gonna get.

That sounds entirely reasonable, thank you!
  • sweet_basil
    Options

That sounds entirely reasonable, thank you!

I actually do it but I remove 75 percent of the fiber from the value since I do drink it with pulp (no straining, that's for sissies!)

I'm contemplating spending a day making entries for each juice (individually) to the database. It's a bit tedious and almost always, it's mixed with something (I think orange juice is the only thing I drink straight).
  • glennhaggard
    glennhaggard Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I actually do it but I remove 75 percent of the fiber from the value since I do drink it with pulp (no straining, that's for sissies!)

I'm contemplating spending a day making entries for each juice (individually) to the database. It's a bit tedious and almost always, it's mixed with something (I think orange juice is the only thing I drink straight).

I don't strain, but there is the unjuiced portion. It would be awesome if you did that! This website is awesome! I'm so amazed that all teh foods I eat from WholeFoods are already in here, it is making it so much better that I can accurately track what comes in!