When to wear fitbit...

Options
Do I wear my fitbit when I'm exercising if I'm wearing a HRM? I dont' want to double dip on burned calories. Thanks!

Replies

• 3Daughtersin2015
    3Daughtersin2015 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump! I was wondering the same thing. I just got my fitbit yesterday.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wear my fitbit almost 24 hours a day.......attached to me knickers! :laugh:

I only take it off to have a bath!! I dont wear a HRM, because I had so many discrepencies between a HRM and FB, that I had to choose to wear one or the other, and seeing as its easier to wear a FB, thats what i choose.
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wear both my fitbit and my HRM when I work out. I normally just subtract the fitbit adjustment that adds to MFP. That is just my personal preference.
  • reaganblundell
    reaganblundell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you enter your exercise into MFP with a correct start time and duration and the calories burned from the HRM, It should over-ride any calories that Fitbit calculated for that same time and duration. There's no double-dipping, and no need to manually add/subtract numbers.

See: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/312-will-my-exercise-calories-be-counted-twice-now-that-i-m-using-fitbit-and-myfitnesspal
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I just took it off to work out but knew there would be a way to do both. I like to keep track of my steps on fitbit just to see my steps total for the week. So I went about 1500 steps on the elliptical but that won't be logged on fitbit since I took it off. Oh, well, I know for the future! Thanks again!
  • falcon367
    Options
    If you enter your exercise into MFP with a correct start time and duration and the calories burned from the HRM, It should over-ride any calories that Fitbit calculated for that same time and duration. There's no double-dipping, and no need to manually add/subtract numbers.

See: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/312-will-my-exercise-calories-be-counted-twice-now-that-i-m-using-fitbit-and-myfitnesspal
    ^^^^^^ Exactly!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

This is true that it's supposed to work that way. However, it's currently broken! You will be double dipping until they fix the bug. It just did it to me yesterday, and so I started looking on the support site. They know it's broken. For now, I'll be ignoring any fitbit adjustments if I also logged my workout with my HRM and MFP.
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Since I took it off for my workout I can count both this time...I hope. I went a decent amount of steps since I did some cleaning today. :)