so what deos your food diary consist of

Options
jsut curious but what food do you eat on a daily basis to help you lose weight. i know every body is different/ like me i can't eat breads or pasta/ so what do you eat???

Replies

• sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have to have my cheerios with skim milk every morning for breakfast. It is the only thing I have found that keeps me from starving by lunch time. I also usually have a morning snack, but unless I have my cheerios I am a ravinous scary person by lunch! The rest of my day varies depending on what I am hungry for, but I never go without the cheerios!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of Ensures and have Healthy Choice frozen meals. Breakfast is either toast, cereal, or Ensure. Dinner is different every night.
    My diary is public if anyone ever wants to see it.
  • Phillips28
    Phillips28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Adriana. I too either have cheerios with skim milk in the mornings or a banana. I ususally have a Fiber One Bar for a snack for the day and lately I've been eating turkey wraps for lunch with veggies. I run out of ideas to eat too, I'm a pretty picky eater. Are you cutting out bread and pasta for a special reason? I think that would be hard to do.
  • mlove1307
    Options
    My food diary has a lot of:

Oatmeal&Banana for breakfast - I have this almost every day, sometimes with some blueberries and yogurt thrown in.

I have a lot of salads for lunch. I keep them low calorie by using spritz dressings and leaving out the croutons and bread. I'm not on a low carb plan, but most of these are LOADED with calories. Today I'm having lettuce with tuna and some spray dressing with a pear or apple on the side.

I occasionally eat packaged foods for dinner. Sorry for all those who say they are terrible for you, but when it comes between a Kashi prepared meal and eating a cheeseburger and fries, I'll go with Kashi. I don't have high blood pressure and I keep my sodium intake low otherwise so the salt does not affect me. 'Nuff said.

Other dinner items are fresh prepared grilled or pan seared chicken breasts with sauteed peppers and onions on the side. I serve this over rice and portion leftovers sans-rice to be added to salads. The cold peppers really do taste wonderful on some baby greens on the second day. :]

I eat a lot of popcorn, the 100 calorie bag kind and fresh fruit. I currently love bartlett pears, apples, freeze dried fruit and yogurt. I keep broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots in my fridge at all times.. I also like to keep one or two of Trader Joe's low-sodium soups in the cabinet. Yesterday I had a delicious lunch of 1cup steamed broccoli and a cup and a half of tomato soup.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    For me, breakfast is almost always 1 activia lite yogurt with either walnuts or blueberries to top it, plus 2 cups of coffee with a dash of skim milk. But on occasion, I have 2 eggs with 1 slice of toasted Arnolds sandwich Thin Multi-Grain Bread (the bread just has 50 calories).

Lunches and Dinner include: romaine salads with fresh veggies, salmon, sardines, saltine crackers, turkey burgers, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus....I love vegetables so actually prepare a lot of different kinds

Snacks include: rice crackers with a wedge of laughing cow lite cheese, a few peanuts, carrots, celery.

In general I have avoided flour, most bread and potatoes and pastas, and sugar....I am not super stricti, crazy over those items, but I do purposefully try to choose foods that don't have those items in them whenever there is another choice.

I only drink water, hot tea and coffee, but will save calories for a couple of glasses of wine several days a week :laugh:

I too like learning what other people are eating so I can see what options I have not thought of.

Good luck!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    bananas are my hunger reducer. i usually have one a day. apples in the late afternoon to keep me from picking while im making dinner. big cups of water every few hours. raw spinach on my sandwhiches rather than iceburg, keeps me full longer.

i always save at least 200 cals for my nightly snack. usually a bowl of cereal or popcorn with craisins.

if i want it i EAT it, its all about portions and control. my daughter turned 4 this past weekend, you bet i had cake and ice cream. exspecially since i am a cake decorator, you MUST eat your own product to ensure quality :)
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi Adriana. I too either have cheerios with skim milk in the mornings or a banana. I ususally have a Fiber One Bar for a snack for the day and lately I've been eating turkey wraps for lunch with veggies. I run out of ideas to eat too, I'm a pretty picky eater. Are you cutting out bread and pasta for a special reason? I think that would be hard to do.

i am cutting it out bc is seems harder for me to lose weight it i eat it. i did it before i got pregnant and lost about 7 lbs so instead of eating it i may put it back in about 2-3 weeks but moderatley
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I do eat bread, rice, and pasta...just whole grain/brown versions of it. And I keep it to 40% of my daily calories.

Main food selections are: lots of raw veggies to snack on, almonds, 2% cottage cheese, berries, low fat cheese, peanut butter, lean beef, chicken breast, shrimp, etc. I like Amy's organic foods and Kashi products as well, if I must eat processed stuff.
  • rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    For breakfast generally have yogurt and fruit. For lunch I have home made soup with tofu in it, try to avoid the bread but might have a roll. Dinner is varied, but lots of quorn, broccolli and green beans. Generally have a protein shake a day and my treats are 100 cal portions of chocolate every so often.
  • caroldavis
    Options
    I do weight watcher oatmeal for breakfast, protien bar 20 grams and only 200 cal. after i work out. Campbells select harvest light soup and salad for lunch. Dinner I will either do boca burger or Weight watcher meal with salad....
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Lately I've got a lot of oatmeal, peanut butter, and greek yogurt on my diary. Mmmmmmm.

I'm having more success after slightly increasing my protein intake (by 5%) and slightly lowering my carb intake (by 5%) from what MFP automatically recommends (which is the way I was eating for the first 4 months here).
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I do weight watcher oatmeal for breakfast, protien bar 20 grams and only 200 cal. after i work out. Campbells select harvest light soup and salad for lunch. Dinner I will either do boca burger or Weight watcher meal with salad....

curious what is a boca burger
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    eggs
    chicken
    natural peanut butter
    nuts
    whole grains
    fruit

they are all food I pretty much eat every day
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

curious what is a boca burger

Meatless burger (soy) Yummy.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Feel free to take a look at my food diary, it's public.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Drink TONS of skim milk, with almost everything I eat.... I also have at least two apples a day! I usually snack on things like raw mushrooms or a handful of almonds...or blueberries...
  • CAworkout
    CAworkout Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have found that hard boiled egg whites are one of my saving graces. I eat two, just the whites- no yolk, for breakfast every day. I'll have a latte (skim milk and no syrup) with that and it keeps me suprisingly full. My morning snack is normally a banana or orange, or grapes when in season. One of my other favorit snacks is plain low fat yogurt w/ frozen rasberries in it.

Rarely on my food diary- bread, pasta, potato, rice. I do love those things, but I tend to be a carb monster so if I avoid them all together it's easier than trying to just have small portions. Plus, I like to think of them as bulking items. I also have reduced my milk intake. I love really cold skim milk, but one full glass adds 180 calories to a meal. Too many for me!
  • Claireyloo
    Options
    I have porridge made with water, a banana and tsp of honey for breakfast every day. (prefer it with millk but need to save those cheeky extra calories!)

Lunch is either soup (Heinz or home made root vegatable) or plain salad (no dressings), and a couple of pieces of fruit (oranges, apples).

Dinner is either stir fry, salmon and veggies, jacket potatos and mackerel, ratatouille, Thai and Indian curries, and Asian noodle broths. More fruit (pineapples, apples, grapes) for pudding!

I'm lactose intolerant, and I don't eat caffeine, sugar and alcohol as they tend to affect me quite strongly!

I'm sticking to 1200 cals a day and these foods seem to work quite well for me.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my food diary.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Drink TONS of skim milk, with almost everything I eat.... I also have at least two apples a day! I usually snack on things like raw mushrooms or a handful of almonds...or blueberries...

skim milk is good for you....I love it. I just don't think you should drink a lot of it a day. I like to save my calories for food and not beverage. That is just a personal opinion. Skim milk is probably my favorite drink though! lol