Broke up

Options

Replies

• zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    At least it's sooner rather than later. It'll be hard financially but be strong and just show him he's missing out on something really great :]
  • lostinureyes17
    lostinureyes17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Go after strikerjb (above) he looks HOT!!! :love: *drool*

Haha agreed!
  • chamgiggz
    Options
    This might be long....

This happen to me about 2 years ago, except we was not engage and it was my decision but we was together for 3 years and we lived and DID EVERYTHING together. You know when the vibe between two people change and you know you should not be together anymore but you just either praying that things will get back to the way there were or either he will have the balls to do the breaking up. Well he cheated and that was my last straw so I broke up with him (I didn't really want to)..but I did and we try to be "friends" which gave me hopes thinking he changed and we would get back together, I found myself asking him should we get back together and he kept avoiding the question. Then I asked him was there someone else he flat out said no, then one week later his things was completely gone and I was stuck like chuck.

advise 1) don't buy into that we should be friend crap...cut any ties (trust me)!
    2) Surround yourself with friends AT ALL TIME or keep busy so you won't have time to feel weak and call him
    3) DO NOT CALL HIM!!
    4) do not seek no answer (TRUST ME THERE IS NO ANSWER THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER)
    5) When everybody tell you that you will be ok and things will get better BELIEVE IT!!

After my little situation happen and I kind of sort of moved on, I decided to not jump into in a relation I Focus in school (Bio major)
    and time flew by, a year of the single life, I met a guy that I cannot even compare to my ex..HE IS TRULY AMAZING!! I had to believe that God has something better plan for me and wait for it...WAIT PATIENTLY for it during that time work on yourself. Also my ex tried to come back to me and I always had the mentality hurt me once shame on you hurt me twice shame on me. I refuse to let anyone get a 2nd chance at hurting me. Hope that wasn't too long....TRUST me after you become a nurse and you working its going be like a wait have lifted off your shoulder....
    Oh I also worked out and watched a lot of Netflix movies...:) *chin-up girly***
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Don't settle just cause it is hard, there is something out there that you deserve. My daughter just broke up after 1 1/2 years with her BF. Deep down she knew it wasn't going forward but at least she did not have to look for a place cause they both have their own places.

Take your time, talk to friends and family, accept help when offered.

NEW PIC!!! SOON!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry :(
    Chin up...there is something better out there for u and even though it doesn't seem it now..you will get thru this.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Go after strikerjb (above) he looks HOT!!! :love: *drool*

:)
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Truly sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    If there was no warning then he was a liar and a cheater and you're better off without him. An honest man couldn't keep a lie for long without it showing, good riddance !
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    6 years ago, I broke up with my fiance. We'd been together for 4 years and owned a home. It came out of nowhere and shocked and hurt a lot of people, most of all my fiance, who was and still is completely awesome. I wasn't cheating and found the entire thing extremely difficult and sad. I loved him so much, but I wasn't in love with him and on some level, while I knew our like together would be happy, it wouldn't be everything he or I deserved. I thought that sorta of nagging feeling would go away because so many things about us was perfect -- as our wedding approached and it didn't. I knew as much as it would hurt, it was right.

I know this is a weird consolation, but please believe me when I tell you that things like this happen because there is a greater happiness that you haven't even imagined coming.

I met my husband 2 years after our break up, we have this deep sort of soulful connection that I never really knew existed until I met him. My ex met a wonderful girl and they are getting married in December. I'm their wedding photographer and really, seeing him marry the actual woman of his dreams is one of the greatest blessings of my life.

And what I can tell you about wasted time is this: I would have never, ever known how right my husband was for me and I my ex would have know how right his finance is for him if we hadn't been together. It took us years to become friends again, but eventually it did happen and we both agree what happened helped us become the people we were meant to be.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and remove him from your profile pic! YUCK!!! not you though....
  • strikerjb007
    Options
    You are a smart one to leave and not hang on as a 'friend' hoping he'll change his mind. I commend you for showing that you know you are worth more than that.

This while simple is so powerful! Do not and I mean do NOT fall for that BS! Of course, the dumper ALWAYS wants to stay friends. Here's why:

1. They'll use you for sex while they get their next victim.

2. They'll come back to you of plan A fails! You're better that.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry dear. Unfortunately there are no words that will make anything better right now. I do promise you though that after some time you will be okay although I may not seem like it now.

I swear I remember driving down Pineville Road in Charlotte NC 19 years ago thinking that I would never be over a certain someone and never love anyone else again. Little did I know that there was something way better for me down the road. There is a really good chance this is exactly what is going to happen for you as well.

I do want to also suggest some nutritional drinks as you may come to a point where you do not want to eat. It is very important that you get some nutrition in you.
  • lostinureyes17
    Options
    This might be long....

This happen to me about 2 years ago, except we was not engage and it was my decision but we was together for 3 years and we lived and DID EVERYTHING together. You know when the vibe between two people change and you know you should not be together anymore but you just either praying that things will get back to the way there were or either he will have the balls to do the breaking up. Well he cheated and that was my last straw so I broke up with him (I didn't really want to)..but I did and we try to be "friends" which gave me hopes thinking he changed and we would get back together, I found myself asking him should we get back together and he kept avoiding the question. Then I asked him was there someone else he flat out said no, then one week later his things was completely gone and I was stuck like chuck.

advise 1) don't buy into that we should be friend crap...cut any ties (trust me)!
    2) Surround yourself with friends AT ALL TIME or keep busy so you won't have time to feel weak and call him
    3) DO NOT CALL HIM!!
    4) do not seek no answer (TRUST ME THERE IS NO ANSWER THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER)
    5) When everybody tell you that you will be ok and things will get better BELIEVE IT!!

After my little situation happen and I kind of sort of moved on, I decided to not jump into in a relation I Focus in school (Bio major)
    and time flew by, a year of the single life, I met a guy that I cannot even compare to my ex..HE IS TRULY AMAZING!! I had to believe that God has something better plan for me and wait for it...WAIT PATIENTLY for it during that time work on yourself. Also my ex tried to come back to me and I always had the mentality hurt me once shame on you hurt me twice shame on me. I refuse to let anyone get a 2nd chance at hurting me. Hope that wasn't too long....TRUST me after you become a nurse and you working its going be like a wait have lifted off your shoulder....
    Oh I also worked out and watched a lot of Netflix movies...:) *chin-up girly***

Totally agree! I am not going to be anyone's maybe. I feel as if I deserve more than that. I am by no means perfect. But I love and give all that I have. At this point I think he should know whether or not he wants to be with me and he is just afraid to cut me loose if something out there isn't better. I am not gonna stick around and be anyone's second choice!!
  • sarah6336
    sarah6336 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. I hope you are able to move forward, and see this as a blessing.
  • You are young and life is just beginning for you. Focus on your career and securing your future. You will meet more people. This is not the only man out there. You will know when it's right. A lot of times people get stuck in relationships that aren't fulfilling because they become a habit more than anything. Things will work out for you. If it's meant to be, you will get back together. You can't force it if one of you aren't feeling it. I know this sounds a bit harsh, but you will be ok. This comes from a 43 year old woman who has been married for almost 23 years and is still happily married. Stay positive and know that this too shall pass. Hang in there...
  • lostinureyes17
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and remove him from your profile pic! YUCK!!! not you though....

DONE AND DONE!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    This happened to me as well. The only thing that has helped me along is time. I'm so sorry you are going through this. But better he does this now and not when you were married. I've been through a divorce and that was terrible even with me being the one to file.

Good luck! The best advice I can give you, and this might be a little bitter sounding, you have to look out for you. No one else is going to. Make sure you need to do whatever makes YOU happy always. :heart:
  • strikerjb007
    Options

DONE AND DONE!

And for your own good, remove him from everywhere!

I suggest you go to this site too:

Lovesagame.com click on breakup recovery. It's helped me a lot.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Since you are so close to being done school, couldn't you live separately together until December. If he doesn't have someone in the wings this shouldnt be a problem. I guarantee you though no matter how broken hearted you are there IS something so much better out there for you and you WILL have a great life. Wish someone would have told me I wasted so much valuable time. Sometimes when you are so in love with someone it is you are I'm love with what you thought they were.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Since you are so close to being done school, couldn't you live separately together until December. If he doesn't have someone in the wings this shouldnt be a problem. I guarantee you though no matter how broken hearted you are there IS something so much better out there for you and you WILL have a great life. Wish someone would have told me I wasted so much valuable time. Sometimes when you are so in love with someone it is you are I'm love with what you thought they were.