80 Lbs lost...half way to my goal :) ...with pics

Options
alucido
alucido Posts: 167 Member
I started my weight loss journey on January 17th 2012 at 330 lbs (maybe a little more because I did not have a scale at the time). As of Monday September 17th I am down to 253. I am halfway to my goal of 170 lbs. I would love to get to 150, but that is my “reach goal” for now. 
It has not been easy, but this is the first time in 24 years that I did not give up on a diet. I am finally ready to change my life and I am determined to keep going.
Hopefully these photos motivate others 

80LBSLOST_zpsb4172898.png
fullbody_zps1283c9cb.png

Replies

• mrsjarvis11
    mrsjarvis11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are doing such an amazing job! Keep it up and just WOW! Sexy and you know it!
  • jaded011
    Options
    wow. your doing AMAZING!!!!! and you look so great! you were beautiful to begin with, but really looking totally hot!!!

i started to ask how long it took to get to that point, then reread your post- your doing soooo great hunny. how are you doing it? wanna share some tips? :)
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You look awesome girl..good job...such a pretty girl way to go!!!
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! you look great, keep up the good work!
  • Chopper88
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your weight loss! You are truly inspiring. Keep up the strong work.
  • SimplyAmy70
    SimplyAmy70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What a motivation you are! You look great and I cant wait to see even more pics as you get closer to your goal! WTG Lady!
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are a beauty. Congratulations & keep up the good work.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! You look beautiful in all your photos, but the confidence is really shining through in your current ones. :happy: Keep up the great work, and congratulations!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!!! I thought these were your "after" pics! You look so good!
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats! How awesome!!!! Here's to the next half.
  • sonjanicole
    Options
    wow! so awesome! you look amazing!!
  • alucido
    Options
    fullbody_zpsc95702d4.png
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    u look great keep it up
  • beckyb0724
    beckyb0724 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your smile is contagious! Awesome job! Keep it up!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are looking GREAT! Nice work! :-)
  • jaded011
    Options
    sorry, i just HAD to reply again- cause i keep looking at your pics and my gawd- you are beautiful.. and honestly- u never looked like you weighed what u said you weighed.. and the fact that you are SO honest about how much your weight was to start and what it is now- is soooo motivating.. only like 1 or 2 people know mine, im so ashamed.. that you openly talk about it is so wonderful and motivating and girl- you are awesome.. and sooo pretty!!! i keep saying that- but i just can't get over it... see- im the type of girl that, when im out with my boyfriend and i see a chick i think is pretty or hot or whatever- i point her out and go- hey baby, look... you would SOOO be one of those chicks i'd be pointing out to my boyfriend..... and i really, truely appreciate and admire you for being so open and honest with the full body shots and the open, honest weight.. i can't really bring myself to do that!
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!!
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done amazing so far. Can't wait to read your success story. Keep up the great and inspiring work! :flowerforyou:
  • alucido
    Options
    Thank you everyone :-)

I have changed my lifestyle completely from before. I work out about 4-6 times a week now for 30-60 mins (usually 60 on my lazy days…or days I get out of work late I do 30). However, I try to get some type of workout in even if it is just a mile. I obviously use MFP to count my calories (I’m on 1350 cal. Diet). For months 2-7 I went to a personal trainer and did boot camp type workouts. A lot of stair climbing (30 flights a day was the minimum---depending on his mood :) haha). A lot of squats, pushups, and sit ups. The last 2 months I stopped going to the personal trainer and have tried to do it on my own. I’m running now (Week 4 of the C25k app). That has actually worked very well for me. Because I noticed with the personal trainer, I was building a lot of muscle and not really losing the weight but bulking up and the cardio has really helped. (I was having a hard time fitting my calves in some of my pants, which was not very womanly). So I’m hoping to do the cardio for a while and then continue with the muscle training again.

Food wise I try to eat as healthy as possible. I went from eating out 4-5 times a week to eating out 1 time a week. Sometimes I fail (usually on the weekends when I go out with friends). The biggest change mentally has been once I cheat I realize my mistake and I workout to make up for it and I get right back on the wagon the next day. Before I would go on binges and then never get back on. Now I realize my error and jump back on because I know that this is what I have to do to live a healthier lifestyle. It has definitely been a whole lifestyle change for me, but I could not be happier about it.
  • renjars
    renjars Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow! you are amazing and a great inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!