Eating once a day?

Options
If I eat once a day will I continue to lose weight long term? Should I break up that one meal into smaller portions and eat it over the course of the day? Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do you get in enough calories eating only once a day?! I couldn't imagine eating an entire days worth of calories in one meal. I'd be sick. Is there a reason you only eat once a day? I'd be so hungry!
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It seems like eating once a day helps me to lose weight and it seems like the only way I really lose weight. It's hard sometimes not to think about food but I just keep thinking about all the weight I need to lose and I think about the scale numbers getting smaller. If I don't get enough calories per day will my body take it from my fat?
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I can't eat once a day because it makes me nauseous to eat that much in one sitting. However, I prefer two meals with a couple snacks as needed.

Leangains.com is an excellent resource on intermittent fasting and will explain why meal frequency doesn't matter one lick.

Do what makes you feel best!
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    Eating once a day is not healthy even if you're eating all of your calories in one whole meal.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Eating once a day is not healthy even if you're eating all of your calories in one whole meal.
    Why not? Like, an actual scientifically supported reason, not anecdotal "stoke the fire of your metabolism" nonsense.

OP- if it's working for you keep on keepin' on. Its perfectly fine if you are getting a well balanced diet with all the macro and micro nutrients you need as well as all of your calories.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'd be way too full trying to get all my calories in one meal, but if it works for you then I won't tell you not to do it. Your body doesn't care when you get your calories as long as you get 'em.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Intra-day meal timing and frequency is irrelevant. As long as you hit your macros and cals for the day, it does not matter when or how often you eat.
  • aubreyjolley
    Options
    So I actually struggle with this very thing! With eating once a day vs smaller meals throughout the day one is definitely better than the other. On the one hand calories are calories and if you stay within your net goal for the day you will still see results no matter what. On the other, if you can break up your calories not just into 3 meals but actually 5-6 meals you are boosting your metabolism and the results will not only be greater it is also just all around better for your body (its a glycemic index thing).

I struggle with the 5-6 meals for two reasons: first I just don't have an appetite for the first half of the day and second because I've found it is sometimes easier for me to exceed my calorie limit this way if I'm not careful. (Its hard being single and having food be such a social activity with friends!)

My advice would be for you to try the 5-6 meals but keep your meals in the morning and afternoon lower-calorie. Then you can have more wiggle room for a bigger dinner or whatever later in the day but make sure you don't eat too late (generally want to have at least three hours between last meal and bedtime.) Goodluck!!! Add me if you want a friend for support
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Eating once a day is not ideal. Eating small meals and snacks spread out over the course of the day is best as it maintains a more constant blood sugar level and this helps your metabolism, not to mention feeling so hungry. That being said, I get the part about not feeling like eating the first part of the day. I struggle with this all the time because I work night shift (7pm-7am). When I get up in the afternoon, I don't feel like eating right away. Before I know it, it's time to leave for work, and then about 9pm I am starving. Unfortunately, I am usually so busy that I can't find time for even a snack. Lunch time isn't until about 1:30 am, and I am ravishing by then. Fortunately I pack my lunch vs eating in the hospital cafeteria, so my choices are better. When I get home in the morning, I am hungry again, and usually eat before going to bed. Not ideal, but if I don't, I feel yuckky when I wake up. On my days off it's a little easier, but I am still not hungry when I first get up. It's a real challenge and I am trying to work it out.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    So I actually struggle with this very thing! With eating once a day vs smaller meals throughout the day one is definitely better than the other. On the one hand calories are calories and if you stay within your net goal for the day you will still see results no matter what. On the other, if you can break up your calories not just into 3 meals but actually 5-6 meals you are boosting your metabolism and the results will not only be greater it is also just all around better for your body (its a glycemic index thing).

I struggle with the 5-6 meals for two reasons: first I just don't have an appetite for the first half of the day and second because I've found it is sometimes easier for me to exceed my calorie limit this way if I'm not careful. (Its hard being single and having food be such a social activity with friends!)

My advice would be for you to try the 5-6 meals but keep your meals in the morning and afternoon lower-calorie. Then you can have more wiggle room for a bigger dinner or whatever later in the day but make sure you don't eat too late (generally want to have at least three hours between last meal and bedtime.) Goodluck!!! Add me if you want a friend for support

It DOES not boost your metabolism to eat more frequently - there is no metabolic advantage to eating more or less frequently, assuming calories and macros remaining the same.

Also, unless it affects your sleep there is no reason not to eat immediately prior to going to sleep.
  • Awkward30
    Options
    Here are two sources I found that explain that intermittent fasting is fine. Here they didn't really find that intermittent fasting was better than continuous eating, but let me repeat, it is not detrimental. I'll repeat this again, while standing on my tippy toes hoping those people who keep repeating the oft-quoted, completely unsubstantiated claims about why you need to eat more to stoke the metabolism or whatever iteration people are spouting. Calories burned are proportional to the amount eaten, so yeah, you will start burning calories digesting food earlier if you eat earlier, but if you ate all your calories in one meal, it would just be one huge spike instead of a bunch of small spikes. The total amount of calories burned digesting the food will be the same.

Menopause. 2012 Aug;19(8):870-876.
    Short- and long-term effects of continuous versus intermittent restrictive diet approaches on body composition and the metabolic profile in overweight and obese postmenopausal women: a pilot study.
    Arguin H, Dionne IJ, Sénéchal M, Bouchard DR, Carpentier AC, Ardilouze JL, Tremblay A, Leblanc C, Brochu M.
    OBJECTIVE: The objective of this study was to compare changes in body composition and the metabolic profile between women taking an intermittent diet (ID) and women taking a continuous diet (CD).
    METHODS: Twenty-five obese postmenopausal women were randomized to an ID (n = 13) or a CD (n = 12). In the ID, 5-week energy restriction periods were followed by 5-week weight stabilization periods. In the CD, 15 weeks of energy restriction was followed by 5 weeks of weight stabilization. Outcome measures before, during, and after weight loss, as well as after a 1-year follow-up, were body weight and composition, waist circumference, resting metabolic rate, and fasting lipid and glucose levels.
    RESULTS: Body weight, waist circumference, percentage fat mass, and fat mass decreased significantly and similarly in both groups (P < 0.0001). Both groups showed similar overall decreases in plasma total cholesterol and triglycerides (all P < 0.05). Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol improved significantly in the CD group only, whereas fasting glucose decreased significantly in the ID group only. High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and resting metabolic rate remained stable in both groups. Fasting plasma triglyceride and glucose levels were the only metabolic variables to further improve after the fifth week of the protocol. At the 1-year follow-up, both interventions were associated with successful and similar weight loss maintenance and improvements in fasting plasma glucose levels.
    CONCLUSIONS: The ID resulted in similar short- and long-term changes in body composition and metabolic profile compared with a CD. Most improvements occurred during the first 5 weeks of treatment in both interventions.

J Obes (Lond). 2011 May;35(5):714-27. Epub 2010 Oct 5.
    The effects of intermittent or continuous energy restriction on weight loss and metabolic disease risk markers: a randomized trial in young overweight women.
    Harvie MN, Pegington M, Mattson MP, Frystyk J, Dillon B, Evans G, Cuzick J, Jebb SA, Martin B, Cutler RG, Son TG, Maudsley S, Carlson OD, Egan JM, Flyvbjerg A, Howell A.
    BACKGROUND: The problems of adherence to energy restriction in humans are well known.
    OBJECTIVE: To compare the feasibility and effectiveness of intermittent continuous energy (IER) with continuous energy restriction (CER) for weight loss, insulin sensitivity and other metabolic disease risk markers.
    DESIGN: Randomized comparison of a 25% energy restriction as IER (∼ 2710 kJ/day for 2 days/week) or CER (∼ 6276 kJ/day for 7 days/week) in 107 overweight or obese (mean (± s.d.) body mass index 30.6 (± 5.1) kg m(-2)) premenopausal women observed over a period of 6 months. Weight, anthropometry, biomarkers for breast cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and dementia risk; insulin resistance (HOMA), oxidative stress markers, leptin, adiponectin, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and IGF binding proteins 1 and 2, androgens, prolactin, inflammatory markers (high sensitivity C-reactive protein and sialic acid), lipids, blood pressure and brain-derived neurotrophic factor were assessed at baseline and after 1, 3 and 6 months.
    RESULTS: Last observation carried forward analysis showed that IER and CER are equally effective for weight loss: mean (95% confidence interval ) weight change for IER was -6.4 (-7.9 to -4.8) kg vs -5.6 (-6.9 to -4.4) kg for CER (P-value for difference between groups = 0.4). Both groups experienced comparable reductions in leptin, free androgen index, high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, total and LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure and increases in sex hormone binding globulin, IGF binding proteins 1 and 2. Reductions in fasting insulin and insulin resistance were modest in both groups, but greater with IER than with CER; difference between groups for fasting insulin was -1.2 (-1.4 to -1.0) μU ml(-1) and for insulin resistance was -1.2 (-1.5 to -1.0) μU mmol(-1) l(-1) (both P = 0.04).
    CONCLUSION: IER is as effective as CER with regard to weight loss, insulin sensitivity and other health biomarkers, and may be offered as an alternative equivalent to CER for weight loss and reducing disease risk.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I eat 2x a day, within an 8 hour window.

I guess I follow 'IF" but i don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that it boosts my metabolism any.

It is just very convenient.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    It IS an excellent way to lose weight, in that what it does is keep Insulin from being released at various times during the day. When I was younger I lost a tremendous amount of weight this way. The problem will come AFTER you get to the weight range where you want to be. If you can not keep this up for Life (Not Sustainable) you will need to have Learned how and What to eat; if you have NOT, you will REGAIN the weight back and probably more! There are people and places in the world where eating once a day IS Sustainable, heck some places eating once a week is sustainable...however the USA is NOT one of those places.

So eat once a day to lose weight if you desire, BUT you MUST have an Eating Plan when you reach your weight goal range. AND keep in mind that when you begin to eat 2/3 meals per day you will have a Re-Coil Effect (You will Re-Gain a few pounds until your Body adjusts).
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eating once a day isn't good for you. you need to be eating at least 1200 calories a day or your body will go into starvation mode and keep all the calories as fat because it doesn't know when it will be fed again. eat 4-5 times a day, smaller amounts, but dont ever go below the 1200. You may lose weight below those calories but you could be losing lean muscle which is harder to get back. Do some research on this, and you can find out how much you need to eat calorie wise a day to maintain and how much to lose. Just look up BMR or basal metabolic rate. This is the amount of calories your body burns a day just to live. Go 500 calories a day below that to lose a pound a week and 1000 below that to lose 2 pounds a week but never go lower than 1200. Stay safe and take care of your body. its the only one you have!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Eating once a day isn't good for you. you need to be eating at least 1200 calories a day or your body will go into starvation mode and keep all the calories as fat because it doesn't know when it will be fed again. eat 4-5 times a day, smaller amounts, but dont ever go below the 1200. You may lose weight below those calories but you could be losing lean muscle which is harder to get back. Do some research on this, and you can find out how much you need to eat calorie wise a day to maintain and how much to lose. Just look up BMR or basal metabolic rate. This is the amount of calories your body burns a day just to live. Go 500 calories a day below that to lose a pound a week and 1000 below that to lose 2 pounds a week but never go lower than 1200. Stay safe and take care of your body. its the only one you have!!

There is NOTHING wrong with eating once a day. Intra-day meal timing is irrelevant to metabolism and you will not got into any form of starvation mode if you eat 1 meal a day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Here are two sources I found that explain that intermittent fasting is fine. Here they didn't really find that intermittent fasting was better than continuous eating, but let me repeat, it is not detrimental. I'll repeat this again, while standing on my tippy toes hoping those people who keep repeating the oft-quoted, completely unsubstantiated claims about why you need to eat more to stoke the metabolism or whatever iteration people are spouting. Calories burned are proportional to the amount eaten, so yeah, you will start burning calories digesting food earlier if you eat earlier, but if you ate all your calories in one meal, it would just be one huge spike instead of a bunch of small spikes. The total amount of calories burned digesting the food will be the same.

Short- and long-term effects of continuous versus intermittent restrictive diet approaches on body composition and the metabolic profile in overweight and obese postmenopausal women: a pilot study.
    Arguin H, Dionne IJ, Sénéchal M, Bouchard DR, Carpentier AC, Ardilouze JL, Tremblay A, Leblanc C, Brochu M.
    Source
    From the 1Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Division of Kinesiology, Laval University, Quebec, Quebec, Canada; 2Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; 3Research Centre on Aging, Social Services and Health Centre, University Institute of Geriatrics of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; 4Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; and 5Centre de Recherche Clinique Étienne-Le Bel, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke (CHUS), Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada.
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVE:
    The objective of this study was to compare changes in body composition and the metabolic profile between women taking an intermittent diet (ID) and women taking a continuous diet (CD).
    METHODS:
    Twenty-five obese postmenopausal women were randomized to an ID (n = 13) or a CD (n = 12). In the ID, 5-week energy restriction periods were followed by 5-week weight stabilization periods. In the CD, 15 weeks of energy restriction was followed by 5 weeks of weight stabilization. Outcome measures before, during, and after weight loss, as well as after a 1-year follow-up, were body weight and composition, waist circumference, resting metabolic rate, and fasting lipid and glucose levels.
    RESULTS:
    Body weight, waist circumference, percentage fat mass, and fat mass decreased significantly and similarly in both groups (P < 0.0001). Both groups showed similar overall decreases in plasma total cholesterol and triglycerides (all P < 0.05). Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol improved significantly in the CD group only, whereas fasting glucose decreased significantly in the ID group only. High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and resting metabolic rate remained stable in both groups. Fasting plasma triglyceride and glucose levels were the only metabolic variables to further improve after the fifth week of the protocol. At the 1-year follow-up, both interventions were associated with successful and similar weight loss maintenance and improvements in fasting plasma glucose levels.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    The ID resulted in similar short- and long-term changes in body composition and metabolic profile compared with a CD. Most improvements occurred during the first 5 weeks of treatment in both interventions.

nt J Obes (Lond). 2011 May;35(5):714-27. Epub 2010 Oct 5.
    The effects of intermittent or continuous energy restriction on weight loss and metabolic disease risk markers: a randomized trial in young overweight women.
    Harvie MN, Pegington M, Mattson MP, Frystyk J, Dillon B, Evans G, Cuzick J, Jebb SA, Martin B, Cutler RG, Son TG, Maudsley S, Carlson OD, Egan JM, Flyvbjerg A, Howell A.
    Source
    Genesis Prevention Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. michelle.harvie@manchester.ac.uk
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    The problems of adherence to energy restriction in humans are well known.
    OBJECTIVE:
    To compare the feasibility and effectiveness of intermittent continuous energy (IER) with continuous energy restriction (CER) for weight loss, insulin sensitivity and other metabolic disease risk markers.
    DESIGN:
    Randomized comparison of a 25% energy restriction as IER (∼ 2710 kJ/day for 2 days/week) or CER (∼ 6276 kJ/day for 7 days/week) in 107 overweight or obese (mean (± s.d.) body mass index 30.6 (± 5.1) kg m(-2)) premenopausal women observed over a period of 6 months. Weight, anthropometry, biomarkers for breast cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and dementia risk; insulin resistance (HOMA), oxidative stress markers, leptin, adiponectin, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and IGF binding proteins 1 and 2, androgens, prolactin, inflammatory markers (high sensitivity C-reactive protein and sialic acid), lipids, blood pressure and brain-derived neurotrophic factor were assessed at baseline and after 1, 3 and 6 months.
    RESULTS:
    Last observation carried forward analysis showed that IER and CER are equally effective for weight loss: mean (95% confidence interval ) weight change for IER was -6.4 (-7.9 to -4.8) kg vs -5.6 (-6.9 to -4.4) kg for CER (P-value for difference between groups = 0.4). Both groups experienced comparable reductions in leptin, free androgen index, high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, total and LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure and increases in sex hormone binding globulin, IGF binding proteins 1 and 2. Reductions in fasting insulin and insulin resistance were modest in both groups, but greater with IER than with CER; difference between groups for fasting insulin was -1.2 (-1.4 to -1.0) μU ml(-1) and for insulin resistance was -1.2 (-1.5 to -1.0) μU mmol(-1) l(-1) (both P = 0.04).
    CONCLUSION:
    IER is as effective as CER with regard to weight loss, insulin sensitivity and other health biomarkers, and may be offered as an alternative equivalent to CER for weight loss and reducing disease risk.

This - meal timing should be based on preference not some misunderstood idea that eating x amount of times a a day 'stokes you metabolism'
  • pauljanet
    pauljanet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 51yrs old & have eaten once a day for over 30years. This was because I have never really had an appetite to eat 3 times a day, I am putting this down to genetics although this has not been verified by my GP etc. My mother was exactly the same, and I wish to point out that I only met my biological mother in my late 30's, so therefore this was not something that I learnt as I grew up. Having said this, I have always maintained a healthy weight for my 5'4 height throughout these years and not suffered from any medical issues either!
    Moving on to the present day, after going on 3 holidays in 3 mths in All-Inclusive resorts, together with my age and the fact that I am now going through the menopause, the lbs have crept around my middle part of my body! I am now training my body to eat 3 times a day, which I must add has been hard at times. I am probably eating more calories now than my 1 a day meal, even though I often don't hit my 1200cals which isnt done deliberatly, as said before it's all down to my appetite, the difference is the quality of the food and the lbs are dropping off at a rate of 2lbs a wk.
    Everyone is different, I am not suffering any ill-health, and as some ppl have told you, they would be full eating one meal a day and others will be starving on one meal a day. Good luck in your journey x
  • Awkward30
    Options

Source
    From the 1Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Division of Kinesiology, Laval University, Quebec, Quebec, Canada; 2Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; 3Research Centre on Aging, Social Services and Health Centre, University Institute of Geriatrics of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; 4Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; and 5Centre de Recherche Clinique Étienne-Le Bel, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke (CHUS), Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada.
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVE:
    The objective of this study was to compare changes in body composition and the metabolic profile between women taking an intermittent diet (ID) and women taking a continuous diet (CD).
    METHODS:
    Twenty-five obese postmenopausal women were randomized to an ID (n = 13) or a CD (n = 12). In the ID, 5-week energy restriction periods were followed by 5-week weight stabilization periods. In the CD, 15 weeks of energy restriction was followed by 5 weeks of weight stabilization. Outcome measures before, during, and after weight loss, as well as after a 1-year follow-up, were body weight and composition, waist circumference, resting metabolic rate, and fasting lipid and glucose levels.
    RESULTS:
    Body weight, waist circumference, percentage fat mass, and fat mass decreased significantly and similarly in both groups (P < 0.0001). Both groups showed similar overall decreases in plasma total cholesterol and triglycerides (all P < 0.05). Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol improved significantly in the CD group only, whereas fasting glucose decreased significantly in the ID group only. High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and resting metabolic rate remained stable in both groups. Fasting plasma triglyceride and glucose levels were the only metabolic variables to further improve after the fifth week of the protocol. At the 1-year follow-up, both interventions were associated with successful and similar weight loss maintenance and improvements in fasting plasma glucose levels.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    The ID resulted in similar short- and long-term changes in body composition and metabolic profile compared with a CD. Most improvements occurred during the first 5 weeks of treatment in both interventions.

nt J Obes (Lond). 2011 May;35(5):714-27. Epub 2010 Oct 5.
    Source
    Genesis Prevention Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. michelle.harvie@manchester.ac.uk
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    The problems of adherence to energy restriction in humans are well known.
    OBJECTIVE:
    To compare the feasibility and effectiveness of intermittent continuous energy (IER) with continuous energy restriction (CER) for weight loss, insulin sensitivity and other metabolic disease risk markers.
    DESIGN:
    Randomized comparison of a 25% energy restriction as IER (∼ 2710 kJ/day for 2 days/week) or CER (∼ 6276 kJ/day for 7 days/week) in 107 overweight or obese (mean (± s.d.) body mass index 30.6 (± 5.1) kg m(-2)) premenopausal women observed over a period of 6 months. Weight, anthropometry, biomarkers for breast cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and dementia risk; insulin resistance (HOMA), oxidative stress markers, leptin, adiponectin, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and IGF binding proteins 1 and 2, androgens, prolactin, inflammatory markers (high sensitivity C-reactive protein and sialic acid), lipids, blood pressure and brain-derived neurotrophic factor were assessed at baseline and after 1, 3 and 6 months.
    RESULTS:
    Last observation carried forward analysis showed that IER and CER are equally effective for weight loss: mean (95% confidence interval ) weight change for IER was -6.4 (-7.9 to -4.8) kg vs -5.6 (-6.9 to -4.4) kg for CER (P-value for difference between groups = 0.4). Both groups experienced comparable reductions in leptin, free androgen index, high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, total and LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure and increases in sex hormone binding globulin, IGF binding proteins 1 and 2. Reductions in fasting insulin and insulin resistance were modest in both groups, but greater with IER than with CER; difference between groups for fasting insulin was -1.2 (-1.4 to -1.0) μU ml(-1) and for insulin resistance was -1.2 (-1.5 to -1.0) μU mmol(-1) l(-1) (both P = 0.04).
    CONCLUSION:
    IER is as effective as CER with regard to weight loss, insulin sensitivity and other health biomarkers, and may be offered as an alternative equivalent to CER for weight loss and reducing disease risk.

This - meal timing should be based on preference not some misunderstood idea that eating x amount of times a a day 'stokes you metabolism'

Just when I was about to complain that nobody read my post!

Really I'm just trying to quote it again in hopes that people will read it and eat whenever they want!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If once a day suits you then stick too it. Just make sure you are eating enough calories and enough variance in that one meal to get your days worth of vitamins and minerals.

Meal timings and frequencies don't really make any difference on weight loss. I personally prefer twice a day but whatever works for you is what is the best for you.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think the purpose of this program is to find a calorie count along with a protein program where we lose wieght over time and when we get to out target weight, we will have found how we can maintain our eating habits to keep from gaining weight in the future.
    We have to be on a program we can live with. If you eat less than you have been eating and increase your physical activity, you will lose weight. The secret is to be on a program that you can live with forever.
    Almost all diets will help you lose weight, but as soon as you go off of it, the weight cames back. I look at this program as a lifetime change on how and what we eat. Not a deprivation diet