Eating once a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My husband only eats once a day. Not because we dont have food he just doesnt get hungry often. He tried eating more often due to his medication needing to be taken with food, but he finds if he tries to eat anything before 1-2pm he just throws it back up, doctors arent worried about it, so nor are we. I think everyone is different, if you can survive on one meal a day go for it :) MFP says i should eat between 1600-1300 but i struggle to eat 800 most days and still have 3 big meals! Just listen to your body, if it needs more food then eat, if not then just carry on as normal. Just maybe take vitamin suppliments if you arent already to make sure your getting them ok
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    My husband only eats once a day. Not because we dont have food he just doesnt get hungry often. He tried eating more often due to his medication needing to be taken with food, but he finds if he tries to eat anything before 1-2pm he just throws it back up, doctors arent worried about it, so nor are we. I think everyone is different, if you can survive on one meal a day go for it :) MFP says i should eat between 1600-1300 but i struggle to eat 800 most days and still have 3 big meals! Just listen to your body, if it needs more food then eat, if not then just carry on as normal. Just maybe take vitamin suppliments if you arent already to make sure your getting them ok

Wow! Can you tell me what the 3 Big meals are made up of ( including quantity ) that only cost 800 calories? I'd love to be able to fit that in my day! Thanks ahead of time. : )
  • kmcmen
    Options
    I asked my dr this same guestion . He said NO you do not have to eat the full 1200 cal if u feel full and eating healthy he said it does'nt make any difference. He also said you donot have to eat the cal used during exercise. He said your body will not go into starvation mode. He is a health fitness md. He said the thing to try to keep on the low side is the carb count. So i have been doing this for the past 4 mo and lost an average of 7 lbs per month.
  • monicamcisaac
    monicamcisaac Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    food is not the enemy!! Eat really healthy, unprocessed whole foods and enjoy them. You will be surprised how much you can eat and still lose weight. Unless you think you can survive on one meal a day for the rest of your life then don't do it. No short term solution will work forever and the weight will soon pile back on.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    This is very interesting. I often struggle to eat in the morning (just not hungry) and very often I struggle to make the full 1200 calories in one day. In the past I have not eaten back exercise calories either, and it worked for me with no ill effects. Replying really to keep this topic current on my profile so I can keep up. However you choose to lose weight, so long as what you are eating is balanced and nutritional, I wish you luck :)
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with eating once a day- my sister, her partner, my brother and my boyfriend all eat once a day by preference.

My boyfriend is 46, very heavily muscled, has a very physical job- has eaten once a day for all of his adult life. He is very fit, maintains his muscle and never gets ill. He eats large meals mainly of veg and meat and often eats in two sittings- at about 8-9pm.

I personally could'nt live that way as I get blood sugar dips, but it works for him.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Wow! Can you tell me what the 3 Big meals are made up of ( including quantity ) that only cost 800 calories? I'd love to be able to fit that in my day! Thanks ahead of time. : )

lol a big meal for me might not be the same for you :P but normally i have

Breakfast: 3 wheat free crackerbreads with olive oil spread or porridge and lactose free milk

Lunch: Wheat free brown roll, olive oil spread and 3 pieces of ham

Dinner: Chicken with either tomato puree and mixed veg, or boiled white rice

Evening: Diabetic ice cream

Not huge amount really but filling enough for me, some days i do have more depending how active i am, or if i'm really hungry