New :) & scared :/

Options
Hi, Im Jolene. I just started. & im scared. & i need friends!!! :blushing: Anyone??:smile:

Replies

• mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Jolene and welcome!! You have come to the right place to start your journey!! don't be scared, we are all here for you. Make some friends and I can guarantee you will get the support and motivation you need from them. We are all here for the same reason. I am not gonna say that it is easy to make changes, cause if you are like most of us on here, we were all afraid of change. Take it slow and start by making small changes and start exercising if this is not something you already do, and you will start to see results. Dont' expect too much from yourself at first, make changes in what and how much you eat. Portion control is something that helps. This site helps keep you accountable for what you eat and how much you exercise. It has worked for many, has started to work for me since I joined in Aug 2012 and will work for you, if you put in the effort. Good luck, HUGS.
  • queensturg
    Options
    Welcome Jolene! Add me if you like, I don't have many pals yet on here either and could always use some motivation :)
  • m6rsy
    m6rsy Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Jolene, I am new too and happy to have friends to help me along the way! So please add me too we can all support each other :) x
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hi Jolene, dont be scared hun :) its pretty friendly in here. you'll be fine
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Thats a great smile Jolene .... dont be scared we dont bite (unless you smell like bacon). Everyone here is doing the same thing ...trying to improve themselves.

Follow the program - but listen to your body. Your body will tell you what is and isn't working for you. You will read a lot of differing opinions on here - most people will preach that their way is the best but ultimately everyone is different and what is really best for you is the program that works. Be prepared to experiment a little and keep a weight loss log.

Good luck

Oh and you can add me as a friend ....if you want an old guy on your list.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Hi Jolene. I never met a more friendly and supportive group than on here - really helpful and couldn't wish for a better bunch of people all working together. Welcome.
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    welcome, and as said no need to be scared. The more you put into being on here the better and easier it will be. Most people are friendly and are here for the same reason. I have logged in for 90 days and am here for the long haul. Please feel free to add me as a friend to help you along the way.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    oH Hai! dont be scared :) most of us are swt and nice... lol ^^ add me if you like hun.. im sure you could add anyone on here and they would friend you. we all have a goal we want to meet. :)
  • mmahorn
    mmahorn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Jolene,

You will be absolutely fine, just take 1 day at a time and you will get to your goal!

Add me :-)
    Michelle x
  • discoqueen73
    Options
    Hi Jolene

I am new too (been on here for just 2 weeks) but everyone is lovely and very supportive!

Add me as a friend too :)