Newbie from the beautiful island of Barbados

Options
joydex
joydex Posts: 18 Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Joycelyn, i joined fitness pal a few weeks ago but i was getting familiar with the site info. I am an active person its just the eating that i needed help with, so i think that fitness pal would be of great help to me. I am presently 173lbs and my goal is to reach 145-150.

Comments, suggestions, etc are welcomed!

Luv Joycelyn

Replies

• joydex
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Joycelyn, i joined fitness pal a few weeks ago but i was getting familiar with the site info. I am an active person its just the eating that i needed help with, so i think that fitness pal would be of great help to me. I am presently 173lbs and my goal is to reach 145-150.

Luv Joycelyn
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Joycelyn,

How about creating some spicy/fruity menus for yourself with fresh ingredients from your Island? Go..easy...very easy on the rice please. Welcome.

~Namaste
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Luv Joycelyn

I LOVE Barbados. I haven't been there for 28 years, but would love to come back!! welcome, and good luck. And what are you doing in Barbados???
  • Maribel
    Maribel Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome. You are going to love this site. I am not that tech savy so I had not explored the community/support part until recently. It has become part of my nightly routine. I hit the gym at 9:00 PM, then come home, work on my food and exercise journal and check in on my peeps. They keep me going.
  • 2bfwade3
    2bfwade3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcfome, pretty new myself. I wish you well on you new journey.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you!! Best of luck beautiful woman from the beautiful island of Barbados!! :)

Let me know if I can help in any way.

(My goal is to look hot in a bikini on your beautiful beaches!! HAHA)

Take care!
    Tami
  • Sherona
    Sherona Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am an Island girl myself. Jamaica!!
  • joydex
    Options
    Thank you Thank you I intend to work hard and lose this unwanted weight.
  • joydex
    Options
    Hello and thanks for your greeting, i am sorry to say that i am not that creative with food (Smile) and at present i am trying to put together some healthy recipes for myself so that i can shed this weight.
  • joydex
    Options
    greetings to you and thanks for welcoming me, right now things in Barbados are okay as i am working hard trying to beat this weight loss. I hope you get the chance to visit again some time soon. It is sunny and hot on the outside right now , as this is approaching the that time of the year when we all get soaked up at the beaches.
  • joydex
    Options
    thank you, yes i realise that this site is very informative and i really like the set up. I was on Jillian michaels site but a lot of info is missing where wanting help with food and calories. I try to log my meals at night so i know how much i will be eating during the day. I like the fact that when i exercise i get to eat more because i try to get in a lot of cardio either running on the beach or going on the treadmill. I hope that things work out and i finally shed those unwanted pounds
  • joydex
    Options
    thank you and welcome yourself too. I hope things work out for you too, just believe in yourself that you can do it.
  • joydex
    Options
    hello Tami and thank you for your greeting. I hope to look hot in a bikini myself too (LOL). I will keep in touch and bother you if i run into difficulty.
  • joydex
    Options
    thannk you and i hope these two island girls acheive their weight loss goals as i tend to get frustrated very quickly, but after finding this site i think that i will stick with it. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey and keep in touch.
  • LauraDK
    LauraDK Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! just keep thinking positive! I know it is hard to do that sometimes. RIght now i want to lose at least 20 lbs and i have lost 2.4 pounds since i started a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the exact date is started logging my meals. I am so used to eating way to big of portions, so i am really adjusting to my new life of eating!!! I can wait until i feel and see the results.

Again, good luck to you and you will do it! :smile: