Personal challenge, you can join if you like!

Options
At 25 years old, I have worked in retail to support my education for 8 years in total! That's 8 year of weekends, 8 years of Christmas Eves, and 8 years of customers that AREN'T always right.

For the last four years I worked at a ladies plus size clothes shop which I just loved. The clothes are trendy and amazing and i get a 30% discount! However I'm sure that when I was creeping up in size from a 24 to a 28 (UK) because I had no trouble buying clothes there was no alarm bells and no incentive to loose.

Since joining MFP I have got down to a size 22!!! And last Sunday I handed in my notice because my teaching career (which i spent all that time training for) has finally started!

I'll be so sad to leave, but it also means i have 3 more weeks of my amazing discount in a shop where the clothes are just gorgeous! I always said that I'd allow myself new clothes if I got down to a 20/18 because then they would last me longer so here is my challenge! (finally haha)

To work my *kitten* off literally, and loose enough inches in the next 3 weeks to have a well deserved spend up!

I'll measure every Monday morning before work and today's measurements are...

Bust 52
Waist 51
Hips 54

Any support or people who would like to do the challenge would be great! I'll also update with the hardcore workouts I've done to get to my goal!

I'm so nervous! haha is that normal? x

Replies

• anna473
    anna473 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey there. As a fellow clothing retail worker I know just where you're coming from. I'm already on a 3 month push to get in shape, so know that I'm right there with you. Including the shopping spree at the end!
  • laurahrmn
    laurahrmn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck! and Congratulations as well!!! :)
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!:flowerforyou:
  • the_energy
    Options
    GREAT GUYS! Anymore??? Im going for a walk for an hour later to make a start! xxx
  • SandyMeid
    Options
    Congradulations on your teaching degree and job! Good luck on your challange. I'm already doing a challange of my own. I have no idea how to add friends on here - you can add me if you want to. ( :
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well done you! :) I would suggest that whilst you still have the discount, buy some clothes in the smallest size that the shop sells.. (what is that? 16?). Even though you don't fit into them yet, you can work towards a goal of being able to wear them and they will be good incentive to lose :D that's what I've done, I've bought a size 8 topand size 10 jeggings, they don't fit me yet but they are always there in my wardrobe reminding me to keep on track!
  • MelissaE1214
    MelissaE1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    OMG! So amazing! You're going to nail this!
  • curliegirl
    Options
    I'm in. This is perfect as I leave with hubby on a little get away in 3 weeks! I bought a little black dress a while back at a consignment store for a song. It is a little snug still tho I have slimmed down.

So personal challenge is to loose 3 lbs and if no pounds then loose some inches! I've been sick for 10 days and now its time to get back to the working out!

Let's go!

P.S. Headed out to mow my grass--2 birds with one stone.
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your degree and teaching position! I'm certainly in for this!

Weight: 144 lbs
    Bust: 37 inches
    Hips: 39.5 inches
    Waist 30.5 inches
  • the_energy
    Options
    Cracking, love it! You guys are awesome. I'm usually weighing in and logging lbs lost, so this will be an experiment to see how much I'm losing in inches. Obviously I am already but its really hard to see it on yourself so I'm looking forward to good results :)
  • the_energy
    Options
    5 days till next measure... gonna start doing sit ups in a roller and ab crunches with this contraption i have and see if i can shift some of this belly!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    CW:197
    Bust: 45 inches
    Waist 37 inches
    Hips 45 inches, I'll measure fortnightly :smile: Good luck :drinker: