Shoveling Snow !!

Options
Did you know shoveling snow is an awesome calorie burner?

I missed my workout twice last week. I was extremely excited to discover the snow I shoveled from my driveway not only counted as a workout, but really burned those calories!

Just google a calorie calculator for shoveling snow (by hand), enter your weight, and voila !

Keep the snow coming !!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Did you know shoveling snow is an awesome calorie burner?

I missed my workout twice last week. I was extremely excited to discover the snow I shoveled from my driveway not only counted as a workout, but really burned those calories!

Just google a calorie calculator for shoveling snow (by hand), enter your weight, and voila !

Keep the snow coming !!

Mowing a lawn, raking, and painting a house are good calorie burners too! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • DoubleAA
    Options
    So good to know!! We're expecting anywhere from 4 to 10 inches starting tonight after Midnight.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    oh god yes it is especially when you have to dig out of two feet and get to work as soon as humanly possible!!!!
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    Haha, that's great news! Maybe I should offer to shovel the snow around my apartment complex??
  • shanman
    Options
    Yeah, I found this out a couple of weeks ago, just googling : how many calories do I burn.......It's amazing, and you just enter your age and weight and it calculated it for me. Awesome calorie burner!! And I've been using that as my exercise almost daily for the past 3 days!! We're getting dumped on!! More for tomorrow too.