will you continue to use mfp in maintainence?

Options

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I will continue to log forever. MFP has changed my life in a good way. I now eat properly, no binge eating, very little cravings. I now eat a healthy pirtion controlled diet and do regular exercise. I don't want to go back to the way I was, logging is quick, easy and I love the social side of it. I never got into Facebook but love MFP because it is about a subject I am interested in. I am almost at goal weight but still have areas of my body I want to change MFP can help me with this new goal. It is thanks to MFP that I got into heavy lifting this is what has made the biggest difference to my body.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I plan on it. But who knows what will happen when that day comes
  • aidsmith
    aidsmith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been using it to maintain for a few weeks now, and I must admit I'm finding I have to keep just as careful an eye on my intake as I did when I was trying to lose weight.

I suppose if I stop using it, and return to my previous eating habits, I will return to my previous weight. MFP is, therefore, a pal for life!
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance about 2 years now.

I don't log food at all...I just don't have the time or desire to do that every day.

But I do use MFP regularly to log my workouts (I'm working on increasing my running minutes week by week, so it's nice to see the charts to see how far I've come and it's really easy to keep track of here).

I also log my weight every couple of weeks or once a month or so, just so I can see it over a period of time. If I'm up a kilo over several weeks, I know it's real gain and that I need to cut back for a couple of days to get back down.
  • Carovnik
    Options
    When I finally hit the point where I can transition into maintaining my weight, rather than losing, I will definitely continue to use MFP.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I plan to use MFP for the rest of my life as i have lost "the weight" so many times b4 and never managed to maintain but MFP is built into my day to day life now so i dont plan o changing that :)
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think maintenance and still logging your food is going to be crucial. If you don't, you will find you are eating more than you think. I plan to do it for awhile. Good luck!
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I plan on it. tracking is just a habit now.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I plan to start with logging for maintenance, then start taking logging breaks, making each break longer. I don't want to log forever, but I don't want to sever ties too soon either and leave myself wide open to gaining my weight back.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I well continue to log well into maintenance, not sure when I'll stop, might miss a day now and then after I hit my goal if it's a day of food I know by heart, but other than that, yep, logging into maintenance.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY!!! I plan on using MFP in maintenance. I am NOT gaining this weight back. MFP works so why spoil a good thing.

Huzzah.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my goal - I am sure I will continue on MFP to help others along the way and to ensure I keep things on track.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    One thing that surprises me and I'm absolutely thrilled about, is that a lot of times, I use MFP to make sure I'm eating ENOUGH rather than too much.

I never thought I could eat this much food and be this thin, fit, strong, healthy, etc. :love:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I view MFP logging as an education tool for a long term healthy lifetstyle, not something for me to be permanently reliant on to keep me on track. That attitude is want makes me want to only use it as long as I need to and then (hopefully) use the education to keep myself on track.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Of course! Honestly, I didn't need this site, other than the logging feature, until I started maintaining...there are a whole host of challenges.....

I have bee maintaining for a little over 2 years, and wrote this a few months ago....check it out if you like, you may find it helpfull.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin1117?month=201205
  • dcyr009
    Options
    I've been at maintenance for three months. I lost over 81 pounds and plan on logging in for life. I've yo-yoed in the past and don't want to do that again. It's a great way to manage it.
  • sla1252012
    sla1252012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i am transitioning into maintenance right now ... feel free to friend me (anyone in maintenance/going into maintenance). for me, i am gradually increasing my calories by 100 a day every week. i will continue tracking to monitor my weight, and how i am feeling. when i get to a calorie intake where i am able to maintain my weight and feel good, i will most likely continue tracking for several weeks until i feel like its "habit". i think taking the transition gradually is going to be the best way for me to keep my weight constant long term.

I'm not at mainenance yet...but hope to be by the end of the year...but this ^^^ is pretty much my maintenance plan too...I don't want to log forever but I think weaning off of it will give me the best possbile chance at it. I will however have no problem jumping back on for a while if I see the scale start to tip.
  • mreffle
    mreffle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Like most of the other posters, I will definitely use it in the long-term, just to keep myself accountable. MFP is so easy to log, so much easier than the "best diet tool every - WW". All the personal recipes you can input, along with the best source for all kinds of foods, and recipes from just about every restaurant out there., just those two things make me want to stick with it forever. Well, at least while it's free, right!?
  • fallintomyworld
    fallintomyworld Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining all of 2012, I don't want to ever stop logging!

I plan on doing the same. I don't trust myself not to make bad decisions. I couldn't do it for 27 years and without MFP I probably would not have lost what I have.