New to mfp - looking for others close to my age 50

Options
2»

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on Aug 27, 2012 which was my 49th birthday with the goal to lose 73 by my 50th. One month in and 12 pounds gone. I feel so much better already. I have surrounded myself with women around my age that are succeeding in losing and keeping off a larger amount of weight. (40-50+ lbs). Any ladies who are serious about making a life change, feel free to friend me and I will introduce you to an awesome group of ladies that are proving that it can be done!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    57 here, down 48lbs and happy to help motivate any way I can. feel free to add me if you like!
  • sylwheat
    Options
    We are close enough ! Please add me - this is a great site for support !!!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in about a week and I log daily so add me if you like.

Oops, sorry I didn't see the you were just looking for women friends.
  • lisaharris20
    Options
    I'm 48....Feel free to add me, and welcome!
    Lisa :smile:
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am 53, have lost 45 lbs since Dec, another 35 or so to go........oh WOW, NSV ALERT!! I have lost more than I need to lose!! Over half way there! Feel free to add me!!
  • adriana10
    adriana10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40-something and fabulous! Ok, late 40s, but who's counting, right? :smile:

My goal is to lose 20 pounds and any motiviation is welcome. I tore my knee teaching Zumba (a wonderful weight loss exercise program, by the way) and had surgery to repair. Since then, I've gained 19 pounds being inactive. Ugh. Now I'm back in the gym and working my way back to a thinner me.

We can do this!

Adriana
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am over 55 and joined MFP about 15 weeks ago. I still have at least another 25 pounds to go.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and in maintenance, but willing to provide support. I've lost 40 lbs. in the last year and a half.
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 58. I will be 59 in another 3 months. I need to lose 100+ lbs. I have been on MFP for around 60 days now and have lost 15 lbs. You are welcome to add me if you like. I am on MFP everyday so far.:happy:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Barb. I am 54, turning 55 in a month and a half. I've lost 13 pounds since starting MFP on Aug 11 and have just a few more pounds of fat loss left. My new goal is to get moving and weight training! Please send me a friend request if you like. And yes, it has been harder to lose weight since turning 50!
  • carolstartingover
    Options
    HI, I am 55 years old and would like to lose 40 pounds by the end of December. I have motivation and I need to lose my last bad habit of eating snacks in the middle of my sleep. I am awake but it is a horrible habit. My mother had it too and she was very heavy. I really need to lose 40-50. Let us all go way outside of our comfort zone. I am committing on here not to do the nocturnal eating as of today. I will try to post in a journal every day I accomplish this. You guys are great!!!
  • snoopyfan88001
    Options
    I'm turning 51 in 2 weeks, and would like to lose at least 80 pounds also...add me to your friends list if you'd like. We can all use some positive words! :happy:
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can add me as your friend I started in March 2012 with over 100lbs to lose and I have lost 45lbs thus far. I won't be 50 for a couple of years but when I hit that big 50 I want to be fit!!!! you can do it!!!!!!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Im 52 and have lost 62 lbs starting in February....looking to lose at least another 50, maybe more depending on how I feel at that weight....in this for the long haul and feeling amazing since I started losing! Would love to be friends and encourage other ladies in my age bracket that want to slim down and look and feel amazing again!!
  • JoylynnAroundthebend
    Options
    I turned 49 Sept 14 and would like to loose 100lbs by the time I turn 50. Feel free to add me.
  • Itsme_Mary
    Itsme_Mary Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 59 years old. I need to loose about 50-60 lbs . I am new to MFP. I really like it, now I need some friends so we can help each other along our weight loss journey. :)
    I have done weight watchers in the past, quit because of the economy (at least that is what I told myself) it took me two years to gain it all back, but what I do know is having friends makes a huge difference, in loosing weight. So add me if you think we can help each other!
  • Hi I am female and just turned 53 on Wednesday. I will gladly be your friend if you want. I have struggled with my weight all my adult life. I currently am looking to lose at least 30 pounds::
  • ciobair
    Options
    48 year old guy here, 8 weeks on MFP and still looking to add some friends that will assist in our weight loss struggles. 21 pounds off and about 40 to go or so, maybe, depending........

Disclaimer - I may be 48, but my wife still says I should be acting my age and not my shoe size. :sad: