Does anyone??

Options
Does anyone find it difficult to only drink water?
Does it get easier. I have drank one glass today but am finding it difficult to keep drinking water, i just want something else but i want to cut pop and sweet tea out. I think it would make me healthier to drink water only..Am i right??
Also every little bit of calories burned is good right?
i dont have to burn like 1000 or so to lose weight?
I have already lost 2 pounds but want to make sure i dont need to work harder.
Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    For me drinking a lot of water makes me want to gag but putting flavor drops helps :)
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Try sipping your water slowly throughout the day and it kinda becomes a habit to do it.
  • dcyr009
    Options
    I drink crystal light sugar free flavored packets with hot water.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Try adding lemon, lime or any of the flavor drops or Crystal Light packets
  • MarkEve
    Options
    Water is indeed boring. But I have found sparkling water to be refreshing, and I am more likely to drink that than good old tap water.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    It does get easier, just make sure to always have some on you to sip and eventually you won't have any problems.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If you have difficulty drinking water then you probably don't need it. Our bodies are very able to signal to you if you need water (you feel thirsty).
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My log is open to the public. I have lost 29 pounds. I have never once burned 1000 calories in a single day from exercise. Im closer to the 300-600 a day mark from walking on the beach to swimming in the pool.

I either drink water or add Mio water to it. I try to drink more plain water than Mio water.

Feel free to add me if you like. Hope this helps some.

Good luck!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hate water unless it is ice, ice, ice cold...So I get the MiO type flavoring (or Crystal Light etc) to help.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love drinking water, so it isn't an issue for me. Why not try drinking fruit tea or something? (Be careful though, it's not great for your teeth.)

Every little bit of calories burned is great. All you really need is a deficit. Have a deficit of 500 calories a day (burn 500 more than you eat a day), and you should lose a pound a week. You can lose slower by having a smaller deficit, or a little faster if you have a higher deficit. I think 2 pounds a week is the max that's healthy, according to some experts (but not others because no one agrees on anything in science). If you've lost weight, then what you're doing is good for you!
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    have green tea or other herbal tea - no calories. if you like it cold, brew it strong and put it over ice
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i add a slice of lemon to mine for taste
  • mikayla112211
    Options
    Thank you all!! When i eat i tend to drink alot so i get full fast but when i am not eating unless i get SUPER thirsty it just kinda sits there lmao
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It's very hard for me :( I'm just seriously not a very thirsty person lol I'm lucky if I get 3 cups down a day and thats a good day! I'm workin on it though! Everyone says it gets easier as you get used to it!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of fluids each day. Green tea is the main one. But also sugar free flavored water and some coffee. I simply can't drink plain water, except very cold during exercise. I think as long as it is sugar free it is liquid and that will suffice..
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    :wink: I'm a coffee drinker. It is very hard for me to drink water, even though I like it just fine. My goal is to drink two glasses of water ea. day. Easer on my cardio days (M, W, F), as I will actually FEEL thirsty. But, if I can become consistent in getting two glasses down per day, then I'll move up to three or four. Baby steps, just like my weight loss; small victories are still victories.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If you love tea, try a green tea instead of sweet tea. No calories, and you have a nice hot drink to sip! I do count my green tea as water intake, because I don't add anything to it, and the caffeine in it is pretty low.
  • cline7310
    cline7310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    TRY MIO, IT IS ZERO CALORIES AND ZERO SUGAR. YOU ADD IT TO WATER AND IT TASTE YUMMY!! :flowerforyou:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    It's very hard for me :( I'm just seriously not a very thirsty person lol I'm lucky if I get 3 cups down a day and thats a good day! I'm workin on it though! Everyone says it gets easier as you get used to it!

I'm bringing you a cup of water RIGHT NOW!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hate water unless it is ice, ice, ice cold...So I get the MiO type flavoring (or Crystal Light etc) to help.

This is almost what I was going to say haha.
    I will say it is much easier now and I enjoy drinking water bottles, even room temperature ones. It took me a while to get to that point though.