BodyBugg users!

Emilydmo
Emilydmo Posts: 101
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a quick question for you all - Did anyone do the free coaching session, and if so, did you find it useful? I fumbled through it, created a program, stuck it on my arm and thought I was good to go. Now I'm wondering if I missed out by declining the coaching session.. Also, is there a way to just input total calories without having to go through and add all the food you ate? I log food here and just want to enter only the total number on myApex, not the whole thing again! Thanks for any input!

Also, was anyone else surprised by how little they burn during the day? II'm 5'11'' and 210 pounds and I burned only 2700 today - that's including a three mile walk and the Cardio-X portion of P90X.. . Crazy!

Replies

• Emilydmo
    Bump - just in case there are any bodybugg users lurking today....
  • Hey I have the bodybugg to and I also decline the coaching session. If I'm correct though, even if you have declined the session, I believe you can still contact them for the free session as long as it's within that time frame of your free online program. I know when I purchased my bodybugg I received the 6 months of the online program free, which will end in a couple months. I think you can still receive the session, but instead of them calling you to schedule it you have to call them. I'm not 100% sure so you may want to double check with them.

I'm also interested in finding out if there is a way to log just the calories. A lot of the brands of food I eat have lower calories than a lot of the food brands listed on their program. So I always end up having to enter my own stuff in every night which got to be really annoying. I finally just started to only login my foods on here and just use that to see how many calories I burned, and I can figure out my deficit on my own lol

But I definitely plan to check this post out again to see if anyone else has figured out how to just log the calories!
  • oh & I'm also surprised at how little calories I burn through the day. But without the bodybugg system or another similar system, most people don't realize exactly how many calories their body burns without any exercise. It's interesting to learn what I burn when I'm not exercising and when I am. I did think that during some of my exercises I was burning way more than I really am, kind of disappointing to learn that, but I'm definitely glad I have the bodybugg now so I know exactly what I need to do each day to reach my calorie burn goal.

Also, does anyone else disagree with the percentages of carbs/proteins/fats the food questionaire suggested? I really think my weight issue is too many carbs and was kind of shocked that it gave me so many carbs to eat a day.
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Where can I get on of these gadgets???? And not pay an arm and a leg for it...
  • lindsay1982
  • lindsay1982
  • lindsay1982
    OMG, psycho computer posts at it pleases...
  • The bodybugg is pretty expensive, I bought my armband for $199 and decided not to get the digital display because it was another $79.99 . The good thing about buying it from the website was it included 6 months of the online program for free, which as far as I know you need the online program to transfer all of your calories to. But if you had the digital display you may not need to do it that way but would just need to clear the memory once in awhile.

I would suggest looking on ebay if you do not want to pay that much. I have seen the bodybugg on ebay starting pretty cheap.
  • Emilydmo
    oh & I'm also surprised at how little calories I burn through the day. But without the bodybugg system or another similar system, most people don't realize exactly how many calories their body burns without any exercise. It's interesting to learn what I burn when I'm not exercising and when I am. I did think that during some of my exercises I was burning way more than I really am, kind of disappointing to learn that, but I'm definitely glad I have the bodybugg now so I know exactly what I need to do each day to reach my calorie burn goal.

Also, does anyone else disagree with the percentages of carbs/proteins/fats the food questionaire suggested? I really think my weight issue is too many carbs and was kind of shocked that it gave me so many carbs to eat a day.

As much as I love my bodybugg, I'm not in love with the website. I also feel like I eat way too much carbs and was surprised that they suggested so many! I also was never planning to use their diet plan, but after looking through it I feel it is slightly ridiculous... it is all Apex fit drinks and just doesn't seem very balanced and healthy overall.

Otherwise, the bodybugg is great for really knowing how much exercise you burn in a day. I am doing P90X and then walking the dog 3 miles a day, and burning much more during a brisk walk than with p90x. I was doing the dog walking to supplement P90X and now I'm doing p90x to supplement my dog walking :tongue:

I also just checked and you are right, even if you decline the first coaching session you can still set up another. I might do that just to make sure I'm getting everything out of my bodybugg. I'll hopefully remember to post back here with my thoughts on that!
  • Yes please let us know how it goes. I might do the coaching session also, just to see if I can enter calories without entering all of my foods, so I can let them know I'm not satisfied with their meal plan or with their foods listed there. But I also want to find out why my carb percentages are so much and how I know if that's the number I should really be eatting. I mean I base if off the fact that the biggest loser contestants wear the bodybugg & it helps them know how much to burn, but that's not very reliable they all have Jillian & Bob!!! lol
This discussion has been closed.