I AM SPARTAN STRONG

Options
So as everyone may or may not know, I did the Spartan Beast race this weekend. If you do not know what that is check out these links.

Spartan Inspirational Video : http://www.spartanrace.com/

Beast race : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeLbT3Os3fM

Actual Course I did on Saturday that someone recorded : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YpwHBP6_eY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This was the most intense, difficult thing I have ever done in my life. I have been through a lot of pain but this was the cream of the crop. This race was nothing that I had expected. I wish I knew then what i know now because I would focused less on running and focused more on Leg strength and upper body. The good thing is that I was in the right mental state. I believe it would not had mattered how strong I was if I wasn't focused mentally and the good thing I was. I came knowing that I will not quit, that I did not care how long it would take me because I wanted to finish this bad. There were times where I doubted myself, wondered if I would finish the course only because my legs gave out on me...Early! I had major leg and Calf muscle cramps. I have never had these before and my legs could not handle the miles and miles of climbing up the side of a mountain. (Oh btw we climbed the mountain...4 times...not on a path but through the woods..climbing rocks and trees to get to our destination.) Though my legs gave out early I moved forward. Succeeding and crossing that finish line was worth more to me then the pain in my legs. I knew in my mind that pain was temporary but victory will be with me forever. So I forged forward and pushed myself to the extreme. I did things I didn't think I could do and along the way motivated others to keep going forward. The best part of the Spartan race is the fact that others helped you along the way. Though non of use have ever met each other before, The Spartan BrotherHood and Sisterhood was in all of us. Yes there were woman doing this race and kicking *kitten*!! Much respect to them all.

The Spartan Beast race was over 15 miles with over 30+ obstacles. This was the first time ever that it was required to bring a "survival pack" with you. The makers of this race did everything possible to beat you down physically and mentally and if they couldn't, God decided to make day into night and make it rain....A LOT! Though physically my body wanted to stop...My heart was in it for the thrill and the Victory. I am proud to say that I am SPARTAN STRONG!! That I can conquer anything that lies ahead of me and no obstacle come get in my way. Also I never did so many burpees in my life till Saturday

This is a list of the obstacles that I encountered.

1- Jumping over Mud water holes

2- Climbing over 6' , 7' and 9-10' walls

3-Climbing over a huge rock wall

4-climbing to 3000 feet (moutain) up and down 4TIMES!

5-Carrying a 40lb sand bag up the side of the mountain to about 700 feet or so then back down with out letting go of it

6- Jump into the lake, climb a rope ladder, than monkey bar across the bottom of the bridge (Failed this so i did 30 Burpees)

7-Throw a spear into hay (Failed, 30Burpees)

8- pull a cinderblock wrapped in chains up to about 200 feet or so then back down

9- A lot of Rope climbing (Failed 30 burpees)

10-Pull a sled that was 50+ pounds around a small race course

11- Do a traverse rope course and ring the bell (failed as I am not the best swimmer and my legs were cramping so I didn't want to die...30 burpees)

12-Jump over a huge fire

13- Avoid these titans with American Gladiator sticks who were trying to knock you down

14- PUll a 50+lbs cinder block up 20 feet in the air using a rope

15- at mile 4 or 5 you had to remember certain numbers till mile 10 and if you failed you would do 30 burpees QUEBEC 139-5788 I still remember

16-Did I mention tons and tons of mud pits and climbing up a freaking moutain?

And the List goes on!!

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    you are my hero, chuck!! awesome!!!!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Wow... incredible. Congrats that's an amazing accomplisment.
  • isntbaconhealthy
    Options
    sissy. that's my warm-up!! KIDDDING. absolutely ridiculous!!! well done
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Chuck we are with you brother, for Sparta...to the death!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is fitness! What an accomplishment, congratulations!
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow, thats awesome!!! Great Job Bronx!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    HOLY RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Beyond impressed. Can't wait to run one with ya.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That. Is. Amazing. You are SPARTAN STRONG. Would you do it again?
  • embercakez
    Options
    you rock bronxy!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    The Spartan Sprints were brutal, I can't imagine this! You rock!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I did the TM this year and spartan sprint. Next year I'm in the sprint compete heat and plan to do all the Spartans. I too found that the time in the weight room was just as important as the time on the road. I keep telling my husband that I want a prison yard gym (tractor tires, chains, ropes, walls, fences, cinder blocks, etc) because I think that would help me more for my mudding than lifting the bar up and down.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats and awesome job! I did the Fugitive Mud Run two months ago and it was cake, but I'm nervous about my Rugged Maniac this weekend.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    holy effballsmcgee. you're my hero, papi.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I personally have never heard of Spartan Strong, that being said I was tired just reading all that you accomplished much less how hard that must have been. But congratulations for sticking it out to the end. Oh to be young again............
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    :O damn im inspired! youre awesome dude! congratulations; thats a huge accomplishment!
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sounds and looks like a very challenging race!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    FK YES CHUCKLESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE SERIOUSLY THE MFKN *kitten*!!!!!!!!!

This is most impressive and you should be damn proud of yourself - I know I'm proud of you!!!!!

Nice going, man!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!

I'm doing a Super Spartan in Chicago on 10/27. An 8 mile version of the Beast.......I can't WAIT!!
    :laugh:
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Wow! Kick *kitten*. Congrats on your accomplishment :smile: I'm doing the Super Spartan in February and I'm freaking out lol. I don't care how long I take to finish it, I just want to finish!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!