Which Fit Bit do you prefer?

Options
I really want to get a Fit Bit but am not sure which one to get: The Ultra, One, or Zip? Anyone have any good/bad experiences with them?

It seems like the Zip is cheaper because it doesn't track your sleep but I'm not sure if that's true or if there's more to the difference in price. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Just carry me around on your back everywhere you go and I'll tell you at the end of the day how you did.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Just carry me around on your back everywhere you go and I'll tell you at the end of the day how you did.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tryinghard71
    Options

Now that was funny!
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Have been wondering the same thing....interested in the responses you get..thanks for posting this!
  • Deluxe97
    Deluxe97 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same question.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump! Also curious. I don't think I really need my sleep tracked..but I don't like the design of the Zip. So, hmm.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I have a fitbit ultra. Love it. The one just came out so I can't speak to that except for the differences. The ultra and the one do the same things from what I can tell. The one has an alarm which I don't need and it is water resistant. The ultra you do not want to ever get in the water. I did once. Forgot it was on my bathing suit walking around the pool and got in. The good thing is I saved it by placing it in a bag of rice for a week. Worked fine after that.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not alone... but where are all the people that actually have these things? :tongue:

Edit: See, I spoke too soon - should have shut up and waited for answers!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I have the ultra, and I love it. As far as I know, no one's gotten the zip yet as it came out last week and the one is only pre-ordered (coming out next month I believe) If you go to fitbit.com you can compare them all :smile:
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra, and I love it. I was actually mostly interested in the sleep function, but I love the step tracker. It didn't charge for a few days after I first got it, but I was happy the company replied really quickly when I emailed them. Not sure what the problem was, but it started charging itself again after 3-4 days. I use it to track my distance when I jog (am training for a 15km).
    I find it quite an interesting gadget :)
  • jackburnt
    jackburnt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get one for my wife for anniversary (hope she isn't reading this!)

The day before I was going to order it, they announced the Fitbit One, which basically replaces the Ultra. So now I wait.

I say wait and get the Fitibit One, as it's slimmer, syncs with BT 4.0, splash resistant, etc. Nothing worse than buying a gadget to find out there's a new, improved version out (especially at same price).

I say stay away from the Fitbit Zip as the batteries are NOT replaceable, so it's "disposable."

TL;DR
    If you can wait, get Fitbit One in October.
    Impatient? Get Fitbit Ultra
    Avoid the Fitbit Zip
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have the fit bit ultra and absolutely love it!!!!! I kept feeling tired and couldn't figure out why and with the sleep tracker feature I found out I was waking up (alot) during the night and was able to take steps to sort it out.

Since the new one just came out and I don't have one I can't speak about it but I can't recommend the ultra enough!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
  • HMToomey
    Options
    The One an the Zip are new. I don't even think they are out yet they were released this week. I have the Ultra the One is pretty much the same only a better version with blue tooth syncing and the zip has less features, like it does not track your sleep and such. I love my fitbit and I set my activity level on here to sedentary and then fitbit adds to here the more active I become during the day.

Also, anyone looking to get kids active should look into a Zambee!
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like the Ultra I have better than I think I'd like the Zip. The sleep tracking is pretty cool. And I like the overall design.

That being said, I've seen a lot of pics of broken Ultras, and lots of reports of them wearing out if you use the clip part of the design instead of using the holster. Also, I've forgotten to take it off my bra or pants before chucking them into the washing machine - I got lucky and my device still functions, but others have ended up with useless chunks of plastic after a washing.

I also am having problems syncing it to my Mac. It syncs to my PC just fine, but the Mac, not so much.

I think if I ever has to replace the Ultra, I'll get a One.
  • candctaber
    Options
    I have the ultra and LOVE it!!! The others just came out & I haven't heard anyone comment about them.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have an ultra. The zip does not do stairs I read. I have no idea what the other differences are. I love my ultra
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    I have a FitBit Ultra and I love it. I got it before the new ones come out, but I heard that the Zip doesn't track sleep ( who cares?) or flights of stairs. I guess the stairs thing isn't a big deal really, because it still counts the steps and the Zip also automatically syncs to smart phones. I have loved every minute of having my FitBit and it has really pushed me to stay active. I want to get to my goal of 10,000 steps per day, so I am active every minute I get. I don't wear it during workout DVDs ( I log those calories burned manually) but wear it the rest of the day or when I jog/run/walk. Definitely a good purchase in my book!

18198566.png[/url]
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra. My only problem is the display is hard for me to read except in darkness. If I could afford to get another, I'd get the One.

The biggest things with the One and Zip is they will sync via bluetooth on certain cell phones so you don't have to stick it on on a docking station or be near your computer.
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The zip is brand new and the One isn't out yet. Most people have the Ultra currently. I have an ultra; I love it.

The Zip is entry level and doesn't do the sleep tracking or the stair counting, I think. It's basically an entry level pedometer.

The One is replacing the Ultra model. They basically took the Ultra and fixed some of the things that people complained about the most -- mainly having to be near a base station to sync. Now, if you have a device that they list, you can sync via a new version of Bluetooth or by a base station. The Bluetooth addition is nice, because it allows a lot of users to be in sync more often throughout the day.

I will personally be trying to convince my husband to take my Ultra (or maybe I'll sell it) so I can get a One.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like the Ultra I have better than I think I'd like the Zip. The sleep tracking is pretty cool. And I like the overall design.

That being said, I've seen a lot of pics of broken Ultras, and lots of reports of them wearing out if you use the clip part of the design instead of using the holster. Also, I've forgotten to take it off my bra or pants before chucking them into the washing machine - I got lucky and my device still functions, but others have ended up with useless chunks of plastic after a washing.

I also am having problems syncing it to my Mac. It syncs to my PC just fine, but the Mac, not so much.

I think if I ever has to replace the Ultra, I'll get a One.

My cracked and they replaces it free of charge in 2 days. They sinc just fin with my Mac never an issue.